Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Been wanting to tell you all day!!!

Been wanting to tell you all day!!!

Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Been wanting to tell you all day!!!

I have been wanting to tell you all day, but it has been so nice on here the past few days, I really didn't want to spoil it.

As you know, we sold the house to a couple 3 weeks ago. We had the survey done on the Tuesday of last week.
We have been really good, not bothered anyone. Thought we must stay cool calm and collected.
Today I rang the estate agents to see how things were going along, as it had been 8 days since the survey.

CONVERSATION.

Hello, I'm ringing to see if there is any news on the sale of the house.
Oh, I was going to ring you as we have recieved a letter from the Solicitor of Mrs....... to say that they are starting land searches.

Was everything okay with the survey then?

Well its usually a good sign, as land searches aren't usually done until the survey report has been accepted.

Its looking good then? Will you just ring Mrs....... and find out if the survey is okay.

Yes, but I will make it a courtesy call. I will ring you back in a few minutes.

20 MINUTES LATER........

Hello, I rang Mrs...... and they haven't had the Surveyors report, so I rang the Surveyor and they have said that they will type it up today.

What!!!!!!!!!

8 days ago!!!!!!

If there were a great rush on the sale of houses I could understand it, but the markets are so slow. What are they playing at?

So folks, it looks as though it will be another week before we know anything for definate.

Stay calm, chill out, I keep telling myself.

Whisky

Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep calm it will all come good in the end.

footie chick
Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:48 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

just remember to breathe, slowly and deeply!!!!
Got my fingers crossed for you.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

anyone got a brown paper bag?

Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Try a curry. Just had one down the local curry house, have eaten way too much but am finding that i have to control my breathing plus we had the mother in law for company.

Hope it all works out Whiskey

footie chick
Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Been wanting to tell you all day!!!

Originally posted by whisky
I have been wanting to tell you all day, but it has been so nice on here the past few days, I really didn't want to spoil it.

As you know, we sold the house to a couple 3 weeks ago. We had the survey done on the Tuesday of last week.
We have been really good, not bothered anyone. Thought we must stay cool calm and collected.
Today I rang the estate agents to see how things were going along, as it had been 8 days since the survey.

CONVERSATION.

Hello, I'm ringing to see if there is any news on the sale of the house.
Oh, I was going to ring you as we have recieved a letter from the Solicitor of Mrs....... to say that they are starting land searches.

Was everything okay with the survey then?

Well its usually a good sign, as land searches aren't usually done until the survey report has been accepted.

Its looking good then? Will you just ring Mrs....... and find out if the survey is okay.

Yes, but I will make it a courtesy call. I will ring you back in a few minutes.

20 MINUTES LATER........

Hello, I rang Mrs...... and they haven't had the Surveyors report, so I rang the Surveyor and they have said that they will type it up today.

What!!!!!!!!!

8 days ago!!!!!!

If there were a great rush on the sale of houses I could understand it, but the markets are so slow. What are they playing at?

So folks, it looks as though it will be another week before we know anything for definate.

Stay calm, chill out, I keep telling myself.

Whisky

Feel for you, the whole Uk property buying/selling process is a complete joke, a very unfunny joke
Don't let up kicj ass all the time
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers peeps.

Whisky
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:19 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers peeps.

Whisky
Our survey was done a fortnight ago we've heard nothing it's so bloody slow I'm sure they take so long so they can charge us more.I think our agents are chasing their solicitor's as they seem to be dragging their feet a bit.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by cresta57
Our survey was done a fortnight ago we've heard nothing it's so bloody slow I'm sure they take so long so they can charge us more.I think our agents are chasing their solicitor's as they seem to be dragging their feet a bit.

Bet its the same surveyor. We are in the same area.

Whisky

I'm still
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:41 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Bet its the same surveyor. We are in the same area.

Whisky

I'm still
He was surveying on behalf of the Nat West so I guess he could be
Sean
PS sorted for Jeyes fluid now thanks, I liberated a Gallon from the old mans garage.
Sean
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Hi ya Whisky,

We've been waiting since June 9th when our buyers got an offer on their house.

Their buyer is a complete muppet although that's undestandable when you've never bought a house before.

We're good friends with our buyer so we've been able to get some idea as to what is going on but it's still hell on wheels.

This buyer reckons she was told last week that her mortgage acceptance papers were sent. 7 days later they haven't arrived, yeah right!!

My sig is starting to look dammed optimistic.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

We must have the same bloody surveyors !!
Our buyers paid for the survey 2 weeks ago and they haven't even phoned to arrange a visit yet !!

Getting more pi**ed off by the day
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:55 pm

Originally posted by Rossi
We must have the same bloody surveyors !!
Our buyers paid for the survey 2 weeks ago and they haven't even phoned to arrange a visit yet !!

Getting more pi**ed off by the day
It's a long walk from Grimsby to your's Paul and he had to call at Whisky's place in between could take a while on his wooden leg as it's got a touch of worm and the other's got rising damp[well everything else he looks at has]
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

My thoughts are the same as Baldbutts from his thread on selling the house.
I will never buy or sell a house in the UK again. Not that I have any intention of returning here.
Why - is nothing straight forward and simple anymore?

Still very
Old Aug 27th 2003, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by cresta57
He was surveying on behalf of the Nat West so I guess he could be
Sean
PS sorted for Jeyes fluid now thanks, I liberated a Gallon from the old mans garage.
Sean
Found some more today in Sunny old Mablethorpe!!!!!

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.