Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Been turned down for OAA in Adelaide

Been turned down for OAA in Adelaide

Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light
Default Been turned down for OAA in Adelaide

Hi
Bit upset today and now panicing like mad. Been turned down from OAA from South Australian govt. Due to over subscription. Now panicing of where to live for a month until we find a rental. I know it will come together but it seems never ending at present.
I've been scouring the internet and been on adbrits site asking for advice so something should turn up. I hope.
Helen
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:58 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been turned down for OAA in Adelaide

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
Hi
Bit upset today and now panicing like mad. Been turned down from OAA from South Australian govt. Due to over subscription. Now panicing of where to live for a month until we find a rental. I know it will come together but it seems never ending at present.
I've been scouring the internet and been on adbrits site asking for advice so something should turn up. I hope.
Helen
What's OAA?
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:20 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you asked that

Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by herrchook
What's OAA?
On Arivals Accomodation
Old Sep 21st 2006, 5:06 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

On Arivals Accomodation
Oh bugger, that's not good news is it I take it you're now needing to find short term accom asap, best of luck. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you out.

Will you still get someone to meet with you or does that only happen if you get the accomodation?

Why did they decline you?
Old Sep 21st 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by herrchook
Oh bugger, that's not good news is it I take it you're now needing to find short term accom asap, best of luck. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you out.

Will you still get someone to meet with you or does that only happen if you get the accomodation?

Why did they decline you?
because it is popular and has been over subscribed was their excuse. I have emailed a couple of places but it's like waiting for paint to dry when you are waiting for replies.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

because it is popular and has been over subscribed was their excuse. I have emailed a couple of places but it's like waiting for paint to dry when you are waiting for replies.

hello

sorry to hear about the OAA, im hoping to use in early Jan...

have you thought about contacting Adelaide shores Caravan site. they do lovely villas..bus stops right outside..two mins from beach. I thought it was quite reasonable when i visited there march o5. they have a web site but not sure of the web addy.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 9:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the various caravan parks in the area. They are really nice and quite reasonable. Also, look on ozstays. We found our furnished rental for the first week there. We did get OAA but it wasn't going to be available until one week after we arrived, so had to find something first. Even if you don't get the OAA house, they will still do the Meet & Greet at the airport. Do take advantage of it as they gave us tons of information. They even took us out for groceries the first day we were here and then came back the next day to take us shopping for a car!
If you need anything when you arrive, PM me. I'm happy to help in any way I can.
Dorothy
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get something sorted out.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

MOST of the OAA is located in the Elizabeth area, you may have had a lucky escape

We stayed at Adelaide Shores Caravan park, it's great for the kids as it's right on the beach and as previously mentioned there is a bus stop right outside. http://www.adelaideshores.com.au/
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your replies but hopefully sorted for the first month. Managed to get apartment at king william st. greenways apartments. Looks as if it will be OK.
See you all soon. I will be intouch if I need any advice/help
Helen