Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

been in perth for 4 weeks!!!

been in perth for 4 weeks!!!

Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:16 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default been in perth for 4 weeks!!!

Hi all,

just to give you an update on Perth

We arrived nearly 4 weeks ago. been renting a fully furnished house in Leeming, arranged by Lynn at movetoperth.com, whos been brilliant. House in very central, 15 mins to perth, 10 mins to fremantle, which i love. Both hubby and daughter got full time jobs 2nd week we arrived and both working SOR.

We have to be out of our rental by sunday, have seen a house we like and going to agents today to sort out paperwork. its 3 bed, 2 recep, and a pool! bit chilly at the mo but hopefully be able to use sept time (i dont feel the cold that much , rental is $230 a week (just over £80.00 pw).

we were fortunate to have a car with the house so have been looking everywhere, weve been as far up as hilarys and down as far as mandurah!!! and ive blinked and 4 weeks has gone!!

hoping to enrol my 5 year old in school next week then i supposed i best look for a parttime job

Our container is due next thursday, into the port that is, which will have been 7 weeks, so fingers crossed all ok with that. Hubbys landrover is in it also so be nice to see them reunited!!! We will be in our unfurnished place for week or two with only suitcases, but had a few people offering to lend us stuff, like beds, fridge, bedding tv ect!!! so thats brilliant.

And what do i think so far I LOVE IT!!! never had any expectations, and have never been here!! i feel so much more relaxed, everyone is so friendly, it dosnt feel that different to the UK just slower, happier people. I feel very content and at home.

Well thats about it, good luck to all you on the journey, it was definately worth the wait! im meeting a friend for coffee today by the beach in Rockingham and may see some Dolphins....maybe not like home then!!............oh yes and our local bottle shop sells box of 5 Litres, nice white wine (£4.50), how good is that

Last edited by Dawn; Jul 20th 2006 at 1:19 am.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:37 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: been in perth for 4 weeks!!!

Really pleased that everything has worked out brilliantly for you

We have been here 3 months and things have worked great for us too ... we also had never been here before and had no expectations
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

We arrived nearly 4 weeks ago. been renting a fully furnished house in Leeming, arranged by Lynn at movetoperth.com, whos been brilliant. House in very central, 15 mins to perth, 10 mins to fremantle, which i love. Both hubby and daughter got full time jobs 2nd week we arrived and both working SOR.

We have to be out of our rental by sunday, have seen a house we like and going to agents today to sort out paperwork. its 3 bed, 2 recep, and a pool! bit chilly at the mo but hopefully be able to use sept time (i dont feel the cold that much , rental is $230 a week (just over £80.00 pw).

we were fortunate to have a car with the house so have been looking everywhere, weve been as far up as hilarys and down as far as mandurah!!! and ive blinked and 4 weeks has gone!!

hoping to enrol my 5 year old in school next week then i supposed i best look for a parttime job

Our container is due next thursday, into the port that is, which will have been 7 weeks, so fingers crossed all ok with that. Hubbys landrover is in it also so be nice to see them reunited!!! We will be in our unfurnished place for week or two with only suitcases, but had a few people offering to lend us stuff, like beds, fridge, bedding tv ect!!! so thats brilliant.

And what do i think so far I LOVE IT!!! never had any expectations, and have never been here!! i feel so much more relaxed, everyone is so friendly, it dosnt feel that different to the UK just slower, happier people. I feel very content and at home.

Well thats about it, good luck to all you on the journey, it was definately worth the wait! im meeting a friend for coffee today by the beach in Rockingham and may see some Dolphins....maybe not like home then!!............oh yes and our local bottle shop sells box of 5 Litres, nice white wine (£4.50), how good is that
Thats lovely Dawn, and you seem very happy, if you come down Bunbury give us a call, will meet for coffee. Denise
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:58 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

... and a pool! bit chilly at the mo but hopefully be able to use sept time ...
Good luck with that one, you'll be lucky to be in it by around end of November, the water's unlikely to be any different in temp by September. (Solar heating and a decent pool blanket might bring that forward a couple of weeks but I doubt any more)
Unless your planning on wearing a wettie I suppose
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

robo43 has a spectacular aura aboutrobo43 has a spectacular aura aboutrobo43 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Dawn
Great post we are out there in Perth on Sept 10th and have a holiday rental in secret harbour. Can i ask which area you preferred and why.
Many thanks and good luck

Rob n Sue
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

What a lovely post. You seem to have settled in really well.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:33 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

hi ya, thanks for your replys, ive seen so many areas my heads a mush now!! I think i prefer north as not so industrial but saying that south will prob be better for us, i love fremantle, my daughter loves the city, where we are if only 15 mins from each, its easy to get around whereever you choose, still not decided on where to buy, all the areas i love are too expensive. keep in touch and ill let you know where we decide on. where we are at the moment, willetton is so central, and just popped to see a friend in rockingham, took 25mins to get there, cannington, about 10 mins away has a massive shopping centre and a nice one at boragoon.....!! decisions decisions, if i could though i would live a city beach!!!!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:39 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Great post.......glad you are settling in well It sounds like you have found everything that you were hoping for. Good luck with the future and keep us informed

Loz x
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: been in perth for 4 weeks!!!

Hi all,

hello
i was just wondering what company did you use for your land rover . and was it a pain to get the paper work all sorted out for it?what was involved.
we want to go to perth to . hopfully next year. also is it easy to get rented property. i could make a long list. ha have a good life down under
all the best
David
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

What a lovely post. Glad to here you have setteled so well. We have arranged a house with Lyn as well (Carramar) so it's good to here good things. We are over to Perth in November, Dimia willing so maybe by then you'll be the expert and can give us some advice
Tracie
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ya, thanks for your replys, ive seen so many areas my heads a mush now!! I think i prefer north as not so industrial but saying that south will prob be better for us, i love fremantle, my daughter loves the city, where we are if only 15 mins from each, its easy to get around whereever you choose, still not decided on where to buy, all the areas i love are too expensive. keep in touch and ill let you know where we decide on. where we are at the moment, willetton is so central, and just popped to see a friend in rockingham, took 25mins to get there, cannington, about 10 mins away has a massive shopping centre and a nice one at boragoon.....!! decisions decisions, if i could though i would live a city beach!!!!!!!
Hi Dawn,Been thinking of you and wondering how things were. Have only just got on the internet and we're 5wks down the line! We are in the North Joondalup,Burns Beach,Currambine(so many more to mention) area which is lovely. We have been to Freemantle few times got to go back this Sunday!
Tracy
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
What a lovely post. Glad to here you have setteled so well. We have arranged a house with Lyn as well (Carramar) so it's good to here good things. We are over to Perth in November, Dimia willing so maybe by then you'll be the expert and can give us some advice
Tracie

Hi Carramar is a lovely area, we are just down the road in Currambine. Carramar is a newly built area and it's about a 10min drive to main Joondalup.
Tracy
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 12:50 am
Never regret the past...

Swotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: been in perth for 4 weeks!!!

Hi all,

Great Post Dawn!!! Good on you, we are happy you guys have settled in to a routine and are enjoying yourselves.

With any luck, we hope to be out in Perth next month on a planned visit and hope that our PR visa would be granted soon...can't wait

Keep smiling