Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Been for medicals today!!! Bit for the ladies aswell

Been for medicals today!!! Bit for the ladies aswell

Old May 10th 2006, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Smile Been for medicals today!!! Bit for the ladies aswell

Been for medicals today set from Cumbria at 6.45am this morning and got to Carlisle Cumberland Infirmry at 8.45 for our x rays got in for them quite quickly but waited around for ages to get the films back 2 HOURS!!!! Little boy was so fed up by the end of it. We were really starting to panic as our appointment was for 11.00 with the doctor and he was just opening up for us!! Id advise anyone with children to take plenty of things to keep them entertained plus to make sure you have plenty of time between your x rays which you HAVE to do first and your actual medical.
The doctor was very friendly and helpful and helped us all to relax.

Just a note for the ladies out there sorry to get into detail but it will help i think, i made sure when i booked that i would nt be on my monthly but i had three days worth of pill left to take thinking i would be fine but when the nurse took my sample it had blood traces in it !!! she said the testing sticks are very sensitive and its best to go sometime in the middle. My heart sank i said will it affect my medical now and luckly she had a word with the doctor and i got away with it i was so relieved, then she took my blood pressure!!! i thought bloody hell its going to be sky high after that shock but it was fine thank god.

The price for two adults and one child was exactly £390
£80 of that was for two adult x rays
£40 was just for my hep blood test because i ve got a tattoo and have had a blood transfusion.

Hope this is a help for someone out there

Sarah
Old May 10th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been for medicals today!!! Bit for the ladies aswell

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Been for medicals today set from Cumbria at 6.45am this morning and got to Carlisle Cumberland Infirmry at 8.45 for our x rays got in for them quite quickly but waited around for ages to get the films back 2 HOURS!!!! Little boy was so fed up by the end of it. We were really starting to panic as our appointment was for 11.00 with the doctor and he was just opening up for us!! Id advise anyone with children to take plenty of things to keep them entertained plus to make sure you have plenty of time between your x rays which you HAVE to do first and your actual medical.
The doctor was very friendly and helpful and helped us all to relax.

Just a note for the ladies out there sorry to get into detail but it will help i think, i made sure when i booked that i would nt be on my monthly but i had three days worth of pill left to take thinking i would be fine but when the nurse took my sample it had blood traces in it !!! she said the testing sticks are very sensitive and its best to go sometime in the middle. My heart sank i said will it affect my medical now and luckly she had a word with the doctor and i got away with it i was so relieved, then she took my blood pressure!!! i thought bloody hell its going to be sky high after that shock but it was fine thank god.

The price for two adults and one child was exactly £390
£80 of that was for two adult x rays
£40 was just for my hep blood test because i ve got a tattoo and have had a blood transfusion.

Hope this is a help for someone out there

Sarah

hiya, slightly worried about your doc as they should have warned you to wait at least 4 days inbetween "that" womans thing! where abouts are you in Cumbria? Just spent a week down there and its such a beautiful place but bloody remote and cold when we were there ! :-)
Old May 10th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been for medicals today!!! Bit for the ladies aswell

Hi Sarah

Bet you're glad thats over hope its not long til your visa comes!!!