Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Been given mixed info on skilled visa processing times:

Been given mixed info on skilled visa processing times:

Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:53 am
Just Joined

rory04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Been given mixed info on skilled visa processing times:

Im on the MODL list (accountant), ive had my skills succesfully assessed and now im applying for the visa.

My agent has told me I will be asked for medicals 6-7 months after application.
I read somewhere it was 3-4 weeks.

My agent told me that the processing takes 50-52 weeks.
I read somewhere that it is now less?

Which is correct?

Thx for any help.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Curls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to all
Default Re: Been given mixed info on skilled visa processing times:

Originally Posted by rory04
Im on the MODL list (accountant), ive had my skills succesfully assessed and now im applying for the visa.

My agent has told me I will be asked for medicals 6-7 months after application.
I read somewhere it was 3-4 weeks.

My agent told me that the processing takes 50-52 weeks.
I read somewhere that it is now less?

Which is correct?

Thx for any help.
If you are going for skilled independant which is what we went for we have only just got the YES! and it's 2 years later we only just got in before hubby's 45th. Our application took a long long time but yes i have heard that it is getting speeded up after the medicals. BTW get the police checks in quick because they take ages to process.

Curls.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:05 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to Dimia last night, they're quoting up to 50 weeks for Skilled Independent offshore .

Having said that - people Post July were getting visas in 3 months. So its changed. The DIMIa person I spoke to said we always say 50 weeks. - thats our commitment.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:24 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
I spoke to Dimia last night, they're quoting up to 50 weeks for Skilled Independent offshore .

Having said that - people Post July were getting visas in 3 months. So its changed. The DIMIa person I spoke to said we always say 50 weeks. - thats our commitment.
I think it is generally accepted that if you have an occupation on the MODL you can expect it to go through in around 3 months at the moment, otherwise it will be closer to the 50 weeks