Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

been in adelaide 4 weeks so far

been in adelaide 4 weeks so far

Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:33 am
vidge

Default been in adelaide 4 weeks so far

hi all out there
we been here almost four weeks and its not been easy and have been a little homesick at times till got a land line to call home but we are hanging on in there
we are in adelaide and the weather has been well basically crap jumpers have been on but now the weather is warming and we know that the summer is going to be good yiphee
however weve been very busy my husband has been offered 2 very good jobs and now working and have my daughter in gymnastics, dance classes and swimming lessons she starts this week as schools terms are different, have bought a lovely 4 bed house in happy valley which we have the keys 4 next week yes that quick
we were told that we couldnt get a mortage for 3 months but our bank (the commonweath bank) in adelaide have been very helpful abd friendly so looking forward to moving in
i am waiting for my nurse lience in sa so beware nurses that come over here apply before u come as it has a bit of a back log just now and taking a couple of months
www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au (i think maybe wrong)
even if u have applied to the australian nurses council u still have to apply to sa nurses board, but at moment be lady of leisure and spending time with my 2 yr old daughter on going to beach often
ps we used the sa immigration package and found it to be ok place we staying is basic but clean and the people that met us were lovely very friendly and helpful even took us to the shops for food and bedding and told us things we didnt know like getting sa ambulance cover and other stuff
any way i waffling now so will keep up to date with progress and would be good to hear from fellow expats in adelaide although have meet a couple already
the vidges
ps to all those coming to adelaide with kids it is a very child friendly state even the bank and estate agents have toys in them!!!! l

Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to hear things are working out for you all in Adelaide.

footie chick
Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

You sound like you've been busy in those 4 weeks!!

Glad to hear it is all working out for you, good luck and keep us posted!!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:45 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: been in adelaide 4 weeks so far

Originally posted by vidge
hi all out there
we been here almost four weeks and its not been easy and have been a little homesick at times till got a land line to call home but we are hanging on in there
we are in adelaide and the weather has been well basically crap jumpers have been on but now the weather is warming and we know that the summer is going to be good yiphee
however weve been very busy my husband has been offered 2 very good jobs and now working and have my daughter in gymnastics, dance classes and swimming lessons she starts this week as schools terms are different, have bought a lovely 4 bed house in happy valley which we have the keys 4 next week yes that quick
we were told that we couldnt get a mortage for 3 months but our bank (the commonweath bank) in adelaide have been very helpful abd friendly so looking forward to moving in
i am waiting for my nurse lience in sa so beware nurses that come over here apply before u come as it has a bit of a back log just now and taking a couple of months
even if u have applied to the australian nurses council u still have to apply to sa nurses board, but at moment be lady of leisure and spending time with my 2 yr old daughter on going to beach often
ps we used the sa immigration package and found it to be ok place we staying is basic but clean and the people that met us were lovely very friendly and helpful even took us to the shops for food and bedding and told us things we didnt know like getting sa ambulance cover and other stuff
any way i waffling now so will keep up to date with progress and would be good to hear from fellow expats in adelaide although have meet a couple already
the vidges
ps to all those coming to adelaide with kids it is a very child friendly state even the bank and estate agents have toys in them!!!! l
Welcome V you have made a good choice , dont be frightend to ask if you have queries, have lived in Adelaide for 40yrs, and we have a good cross section of Sth oz people on here............ MM
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

dog19363 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I don't know if you've already joined, but if not....

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits

or

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/adelaidebrits/

has lots of us expoms and folks who want to be expoms. We had our first "poms picnic" a couple of weeks ago on Belair park

You are more than welcome!

Andy
Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear that you are settling in. You sound like you have done a lot in four weeks!

Hope the home sickness wears off a bit.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:11 pm
WBB

sorry to hear of the wooly jumpers but you can be sure we will be wearing ours untill about next may!

good luck with the future

Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your post - keep 'em coming!!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

The Richardson Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vidge
hi all out there
the vidges
Hi, glad to hear your settling in and hope the home sickness will pass in time, hopefully we shouldn't be too long out there ourselves crossing fingers and legs lol, just one question i have to ask is how long after the medicals were sent back did it take long in hearing the visas had been granted?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

susanmichele is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: been in adelaide 4 weeks so far

Originally Posted by The Richardson Family
Hi, glad to hear your settling in and hope the home sickness will pass in time, hopefully we shouldn't be too long out there ourselves crossing fingers and legs lol, just one question i have to ask is how long after the medicals were sent back did it take long in hearing the visas had been granted?
Hi im new to this so sorry if im doing it wrong, myself and my family want to be in Adelaide in about 12 months, House to sell etc, we're going to use an emigration agent met at an expo in London, we're both Psych nurse wondered if anyone knows what the chances of picking up work is
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susanmichele
Hi im new to this so sorry if im doing it wrong, myself and my family want to be in Adelaide in about 12 months, House to sell etc, we're going to use an emigration agent met at an expo in London, we're both Psych nurse wondered if anyone knows what the chances of picking up work is
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Don't apologise for being here you are most welcome! My partner is a MH nurse and got a job quite easily in Melbourne. There seems to be plenty of MH nursing jobs in Aus, and I would guess that a place as big as Adelaide is no exception, good luck!

To the OP, hang on in there, woolly jumpers and all, I'm sure things will be great when you become more settled. Good luck to you too!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:02 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by susanmichele
You don't have to worry l'm sure there would be an enormous demand for Psych nurses in Adelaide.

Last edited by wombat42; Nov 18th 2004 at 11:12 pm.

Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:45 am
Just Joined

maria ear is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: been in adelaide 4 weeks so far

Originally Posted by vidge
hi all out there
the vidges
hi

Hello Vidge you have done so well settling in so soon. I too am a reg nurse migrating to Adelaide will arrive on 1-05-05. We shall be staying with family upon our arrival for a week or two. I have three children two boys 12 & 8yrs and a 2yr old daughter Oh! and a husband. We shall be looking for temp accomodation as we do not want to commit to a rental contract of 6-12 months, as we too wish to buy. Do you know if this type of accomodation is difficult to find?. Luckily I sent off for reg with SANB in March however am still waiting to hear although I did get a response to my e-mail to say they have recieved my application and to give it another month and then contact again if I have not heard from them. We shall be staying in Northhaven so I shall look out for you on the beach . All the best Maria
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:57 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by maria ear
hi

Hello Vidge you have done so well settling in so soon. I too am a reg nurse migrating to Adelaide will arrive on 1-05-05. We shall be staying with family upon our arrival for a week or two. I have three children two boys 12 & 8yrs and a 2yr old daughter Oh! and a husband. We shall be looking for temp accomodation as we do not want to commit to a rental contract of 6-12 months, as we too wish to buy. Do you know if this type of accomodation is difficult to find?. Luckily I sent off for reg with SANB in March however am still waiting to hear although I did get a response to my e-mail to say they have recieved my application and to give it another month and then contact again if I have not heard from them. We shall be staying in Northhaven so I shall look out for you on the beach . All the best Maria
Vidge wrote the post in 2003...so she's been in Adelaide a tad longer than 4 weeks now I reckon

If you need any info on Adelaide...then maybe try the search button at the top of this screen. I'm sure you'll find lots of info

Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

Try http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits

We've found the site invaluable so far

Good luck and Hugs ~ Karen x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.