Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beaches UK Vs Oz ??

Beaches UK Vs Oz ??

Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beaches UK Vs Oz ??

Bramston Beach, FNQ.
Attached Thumbnails Beaches UK Vs Oz ??-100_9563.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:11 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
these are the best in the world, apparently

http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/...name_page.html

Criccieth must have changed in the last 20 years. In 1986 I was lying on a lilo when I was suddenly surrounded by loads of cigar fish. Completely trapped - couldn't face getting off to swim through them.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Trinity Beach, FNQ
Attached Thumbnails Beaches UK Vs Oz ??-000_0054.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2005, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ceri
say that in English please , I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say - 25k never mind - maybe you will earn some decent money someday. Personal attack - I was commenting on your post Uk verses oz ( or Aus to us in Australia), and counter attacking your silly little attack of I'm not worthy of a reply.

For gawds sake don't start something that you have obviously not got a clue about it. You asked for this, starting a run me down Uk thread - ooh nobody is supposed to defend the Uk are they???? - TOUGH! I live here in Aus and can see the sh*te which is spewed time and time again. If you start a post running down the UK, why the hell do you think nobody should defend the UK ????
Grow up
I will return to this post in 1 year. I will be 13 then and hopefully able to handle it ...

WOW! ....... slap me with a wet fish!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
I will return to this post in 1 year. I will be 13 then and hopefully able to handle it ...

WOW! ....... slap me with a wet fish!
I could be wrong, but I think you upset her Those pesky jokey let's have a giggle threads - they're a killer. Stick to the serious stuff in future Paul please
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I could be wrong, but I think you upset her Those pesky jokey let's have a giggle threads - they're a killer. Stick to the serious stuff in future Paul please
Agree with you there.

Sensible Karma on it's way

G
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
So where does it say in the forum rules 'serious stuff' only please! I've missed that bit

Anyway, I didn't deserve that attack regardless of 'sittin at my PC all day'. I've locked the kids up again, altho DID let them out for an hour earlier so can't be that bad!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

So where does it say in the forum rules 'serious stuff' only please! I've missed that bit
Penny means that it is often this type of thread that goes 'pear shaped'.

You did nothing deliberately wrong but people do get sensitive as Ceri did.

I do myself when people start slagging off the UK Often it depends on the mood of the forum at the time hence my 'crime' thread today.

Sometimes the 'everything in the Uk is shit' type posts start to grate and other, more innocent jokey posts, get caught up in it.

G
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
Penny means that it is often this type of thread that goes 'pear shaped'.

You did nothing deliberately wrong but people do get sensitive as Ceri did.

I do myself when people start slagging off the UK Often it depends on the mood of the forum at the time hence my 'crime' thread today.

Sometimes the 'everything in the Uk is shit' type posts start to grate and other, more innocent jokey posts, get caught up in it.

G
Hi Grayling, ok I hear what your saying. I suppose we aint ALL trying to get out to Oz and maybe I just take it for granted that BE is full of 'wannabe's' altho I guess there's a lot of 'don't wannabe's' too.

Isn't there a forum for those tho ?!?

Anyway, I take on board what you've said, but STILL don't think I deserved what I got. Ok, fair enough, a 'come and see for yourself' or 'it aint all rosey' comment sure, but not an attack of how much I spend on a PC, or with my children!! sorry, aint having that!

I'll have to make my sarcastic threads more obvious I guess.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

I'll have to make my sarcastic threads more obvious I guess.
That doesn't always work either ....I've tried.

I was not commenting on 'personal' attacks and would rather not get involved, Besides I have not been following this thread.

The forum is actually quite free of personal stuff at the moment...It has been a lot worse in the past :scared:

Carry on as usual these things move on.

I have trod on a few toes in the past

Now I really don't much care.

best wishes

G
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
That doesn't always work either ....I've tried.

I was not commenting on 'personal' attacks and would rather not get involved, Besides I have not been following this thread.

The forum is actually quite free of personal stuff at the moment...It has been a lot worse in the past :scared:

Carry on as usual these things move on.

I have trod on a few toes in the past

Now I really don't much care.

best wishes

G
Yeah maybe I shoulda posted it in the lounge ?!

Anyway, yeah onwards and up!

Cheers
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah maybe I shoulda posted it in the lounge ?!

Anyway, yeah onwards and up!

Cheers
Relax Paul. Ceri was obviously having a bad day. She is definitely not a "wannabe" and took the whole thread the wrong way. I didn't understand the personal slating bit but I wouldn't take it to heart. As G says sometimes the most harmless comment gets read wrong and stirs up a hornets nest.

Keep them coming and as everyone always says, but don't always stick to, if you don't like a thread, don't read it.

Love the BE photo post by the way. Shame you haven't got me, but then you're not going to get a photo so never mind eh
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Poula is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NKSK
Criccieth must have changed in the last 20 years. In 1986 I was lying on a lilo when I was suddenly surrounded by loads of cigar fish. Completely trapped - couldn't face getting off to swim through them.
Should have caught one and put it on the barbi