A beach wedding

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default A beach wedding

Well my other half has decided to make an honest woman out of me and last Friday we officially got engaged.

We live on the Gold Coast and want to have a beach wedding. Has anyone done this and if so...was it a good idea.

Looking to get married early next year

Sharon
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A beach wedding

Originally Posted by BandS
Well my other half has decided to make an honest woman out of me and last Friday we officially got engaged.

We live on the Gold Coast and want to have a beach wedding. Has anyone done this and if so...was it a good idea.

Sharon

My condolences to you...

Only kidding Congratulations on your engagement, have lots of fun planning your wedding, it sounds wonderful.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

marknclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
we did the beach wedding thing in 2000.best thing we ever did. relaxed start , all the prep taken care of for you, once the ceremony is over you're on honeymoon. we hated the idea of a big church/reception thing we wanted something for us and thats exactly what is was-only had 12 guests - so it really was our day. once we got back home we had an party in our backyard under the patio with everyone who didnt come.
and of course it was a gazillion cheaper.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:40 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon
Congratulations! Here's a thread which has some nice idea's for beach weddings on Gold Coast - might be of interest? Mrs JTL's recommendation looks wonderful!

Nicky
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Congratulations! Here's a thread which has some nice idea's for beach weddings on Gold Coast - might be of interest? Mrs JTL's recommendation looks wonderful!

Nicky
Thanks for the reply.....what happened to the thread ?

Sharon
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marknclaire
hi
we did the beach wedding thing in 2000.best thing we ever did. relaxed start , all the prep taken care of for you, once the ceremony is over you're on honeymoon. we hated the idea of a big church/reception thing we wanted something for us and thats exactly what is was-only had 12 guests - so it really was our day. once we got back home we had an party in our backyard under the patio with everyone who didnt come.
and of course it was a gazillion cheaper.
Did you organise the whole thing yourselves ?

Sharon
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

Nicky
I'm sure you meant to post the link to this thread?!

Eloping

Mrs JTL
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

marknclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=BandS]Did you organise the whole thing yourselves ?

Sharon[/QUOT

no , we went to a travel agent who put us in touch with a wedding organiser locally (this wasnt in oz btw)
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon
Congratulations, Sharon!

We had our wedding at a chapel of a beach front resort in Palm Cove in FNQ, not exactly on the beach. Like marknclair, we had a very small wedding with just immediate family and a few friends. The wedding planner coordinated most things through emails and phone calls. From planning to the actual wedding it took a total of 8 weeks. Both JTL and I were working full time in Melbourne and only took a weekend off to check the location out.

Oh yes, we all had a great time as the whole thing was very relaxing. Most guests stayed for a week, but the inlaws stayed with us a few days longer as we were flying out together to Singapore. We didn't exactly have a honeymoon and still haven't.

Mrs JTL
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Congratulations, Sharon!

We had our wedding at a chapel of a beach front resort in Palm Cove in FNQ, not exactly on the beach. Like marknclair, we had a very small wedding with just immediate family and a few friends. The wedding planner coordinated most things through emails and phone calls. From planning to the actual wedding it took a total of 8 weeks. Both JTL and I were working full time in Melbourne and only took a weekend off to check the location out.

Oh yes, we all had a great time as the whole thing was very relaxing. Most guests stayed for a week, but the inlaws stayed with us a few days longer as we were flying out together to Singapore. We didn't exactly have a honeymoon and still haven't.

Mrs JTL

We have decided to have a few days in the Whitsundays for our honeymoon.

Sharon
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:42 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sharon

Awww, that's lovely - Congratulations! <nudges Wendy in the ribs>

Didn't do it myself but Blackpool always seemed so busy. Pick a cool dress!

As for a good idea you'd need a stinger free beach, a license, a celebrant and bob's your uncle.

Black and white photography works well on a beach setting.

Hope it goes well.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Sharon

Hiya,
Just a word of advice on what not to do.. some friends of mine got married in Aus quite a few years ago on a beach on a island of Queensland. they thought it would be a good idea as all the guests would comeout on the boat and then have the wedding and party and then the guests would go back leaving them on the idylic secluded island for the honeymoon.. unfortunately, there was a gale and storm, so most of the guests were sea sick on the way out and then had to think about eating and drinking only to throw up on the way back!... maybe stick to the mainland no matter how nice the idea of a secluded island is..
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon

CONGRATULATIONS!!! A few weeks ago we went down Tallebudgera and there was a wedding on the beach. It was a gorgeous day and the beach was busy. We were laying about in the swimmers and all the wedding party had on the full dress. It looked great but god knows how the bride coped in her dress in the heat

Id go for it when i eventually get married (after 6 years engagement lol)
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:14 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'm sure you meant to post the link to this thread?!

Eloping

Mrs JTL
Yep, that would be the one, thanks! Sorry about that Sharon - it was very early in the morning and brain not in gear!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 11:56 am
nya
Forum Regular

nya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sharon,

Congratulations!

We got married on the beach in Cairns last year and it was fantastic! We planned ti all from the UK, it was very easy and not expensive at all. I can recommend a great celebrant and photographer if you're planning on doing it in North Queensland.

We had the beach to ourselves, the weather was perfect, wouldn't have changed a thing!

Mail me if you want any contacts or see a photo )

Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.