Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beach or Land in Melbourne

Beach or Land in Melbourne

Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice
Default Re: Beach or Land in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Elly13
i hpe so! were they child friendly ive got a 6 and 3 year old
We have a 4 yrs old and a 2yr old they have a children's play park and an indoor play room and also a indoor pool and movie room.There were lots of other familes there and are pitch are opposite the park and toilets/showers which was very handy we sat outside out tent watching the kids play.I would be worth asking for a pitch/cabin near the play park.The campsite is near the golf course (walking distance) where all the kangeroos are we went there about 7pm at night and there were loads quite a few babies as well which was nice to see.There are a few shops and resturants in Anglsea but we went into Lorne where there was more selection cause the weather was nice we spent the whole day on the beach there is a beach front car park there where you can park all day for free everywhere else seemed to be metres or 2 hour limit.

Hope this helps
Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Elly13 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by penny31
Haven't heard of Anglesea, whats this big4 holiday park? Good luck with your move who are you flying with....Emirates are coming out on top of our list at the mo (especially as we can go from Birmingham)
Wishing you all the best, we will be in your situ soon!
Jacky
anglesea is at the start of the great ocean road south west of melbourne. the big4 holiday park is like a caravan park weve booked a 2 bed chalet for a fortnight it seemed to be a better idea than a hotel as we dont have a house sorted yet. we fly with singapore from heathrow.
good luck it soon comes around.
richard
Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Throw in my t'penneth. Mt Eliza is pretty posh with property prices and slightly snooty people (with apologies to any Expats settled there) to match and the beaches ain't that great. The beaches get better down towards Mornington and especially Mt Martha IMO. Trouble is the commuting time to Melb CBD from anywhere south of Mt Eliza becomes a bit of a barrier.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Neil S
Throw in my t'penneth. Mt Eliza is pretty posh with property prices and slightly snooty people (with apologies to any Expats settled there) to match and the beaches ain't that great. The beaches get better down towards Mornington and especially Mt Martha IMO. Trouble is the commuting time to Melb CBD from anywhere south of Mt Eliza becomes a bit of a barrier.
We are building in Mount Martha the house should be ready next september my husband works the city but he is happy to have a longer commute to live somewhere he really loves but he will try to look for work closer to home.We decided to chose to live in a place we love rather than soemwhere that was ok but close to work.My husband was used to a long comute in england everyone has different views on this though.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:04 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playbunny75
We are building in Mount Martha the house should be ready next september my husband works the city but he is happy to have a longer commute to live somewhere he really loves but he will try to look for work closer to home.We decided to chose to live in a place we love rather than soemwhere that was ok but close to work.My husband was used to a long comute in england everyone has different views on this though.
Not wanting to hijack the thread in anyway, but as someone interstate not having any real appreciation of Melbourne Suburbs (other than the CBD etc) what sort of time frame would it take from Mount Martha to get into the City,
It looks to be around 50 - 55KM away. So to get in for 8:30am on a weekday how long would it take in a car? is there a train link?
also roughly how long at the weekend?
Im just trying to get a better understanding of other areas in OZ that expats seem to consider.
Cheers
Steve
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve99
Not wanting to hijack the thread in anyway, but as someone interstate not having any real appreciation of Melbourne Suburbs (other than the CBD etc) what sort of time frame would it take from Mount Martha to get into the City,
It looks to be around 50 - 55KM away. So to get in for 8:30am on a weekday how long would it take in a car? is there a train link?
also roughly how long at the weekend?
Im just trying to get a better understanding of other areas in OZ that expats seem to consider.
Cheers
Steve

It will take 1 hours and 20 mins approx we have done it quicker off peak my husband will get in early and leave early to avoid rush hour this will save time.

I am sure it may sound mad to some but it's what we want
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:45 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

It will take 1 hours and 20 mins approx we have done it quicker off peak my husband will get in early and leave early to avoid rush hour this will save time.

Cya tomorrow doll.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
Cya tomorrow doll.
I will be called it forever now
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:50 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I will be called it forever now

Only until Simon threatens me tomorrow.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:04 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats still not as bad as I expected to cover that distance I thought you would be looking at nearer 2hrs for rush hour.
Is there any Train link in?

Steve
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve99
Thats still not as bad as I expected to cover that distance I thought you would be looking at nearer 2hrs for rush hour.
Is there any Train link in?

Steve
The time given would be to get the train we live at patterson lakes now which takes around 50 mins so mount martha will add 30 -45 mins to trip longer in rush hour perhaps.I think driving would be nearer two hours not sure though
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:14 am
The Godfather

The time given would be to get the train we live at patterson lakes now which takes around 50 mins so mount martha will add 30 -45 mins to trip longer in rush hour perhaps.I think driving would be nearer two hours not sure though
Don't you have to drive to Frankston to get the train though?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

You have a 15-25 minute drive to Frankston Station, depending on whether you use the Nepean Highway or the Mornington Freeway. Not sure I would park the car all day at Frankston Station though. There's a guy who commutes in by train who lives opposite us and he parks his car at a cop shop near the train station. He's got the advantage of being a full paid up Officer of the Victorian Police himself.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

yeah sorry I knew what I meant!!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Neil S
You have a 15-25 minute drive to Frankston Station, depending on whether you use the Nepean Highway or the Mornington Freeway. Not sure I would park the car all day at Frankston Station though. There's a guy who commutes in by train who lives opposite us and he parks his car at a cop shop near the train station. He's got the advantage of being a full paid up Officer of the Victorian Police himself.

I think my husband will drive to Seaford instead as it is easier to park all day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.