Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beach Holiday in QLD

Beach Holiday in QLD

Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:32 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Beach Holiday in QLD

Any ideas of places for a relaxing beach holiday in Qld?

My Brother & his family are coming out in July next year, now not being short of a dollar or a million he is coming to Melbourne for a week then wants to take us up to QLD for some sun.
Ive not been past Sydney before so I'm looking for any recommendations. He has two young daughters so it can't be any of the adult only islands or anything.

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Beach Holiday in QLD

Originally Posted by Bordy

My Brother & his family are coming out in July next year, now not being short of a dollar or a million he is coming to Melbourne for a week then wants to take us up to QLD for some sun.
Ive not been past Sydney before so I'm looking for any recommendations. He has two young daughters so it can't be any of the adult only islands or anything.

Any thoughts?
You can't really go wrong with Noosa
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:45 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Any thoughts?
If you head for Brisbane jump on the ferry to Moreton Island, its fab!
You can feed wild dolphins and there are sunken wrecks just of the coast with fabulas snorkeling to keep the kids happy(and you).

If you travel further north to townsville, Magnetic island is also paradise.
Plenty of secluded beaches many safe for swimming, you can hire a mini moke and explore.

Hope this has been some help.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:58 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts?
Gold Coast?. They have some theme parks there. Try and stay near Tedders Ave on Main Beach, Some great restaurants, expensive but if he's paying who cares
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:52 pm
TITSUP

Try Yepoon An unspoilt version of sunshine coast with great Kepple Island in easy access great 4x4 if you're into that sort of thing

Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:01 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bordy, if its in July you will be able to go to FNQ safely as there wont be any stingers. The crocs are a different matter though . And coming from the UK & Melb, you guys will be happy to swim in the SE corner, even though most locals will look at you as if you are crazy .

Seriously, it depends on what you want - relaxing/busy/pretentious/laidback/simple/flashy?

Gold Coast is like Florida (say no more :scared: ), Noosa is pretentious Yuppiville, somewhere like Caloundra is more laidback but a bit suburban, if you go to FNQ, Cairns is lovely as is Port Douglas & there are heaps of things to do up that way that are more interesting than theme parks or you could try Hamilton Island or South Molle Island.

Personally I would choose Port Douglas or South Molle, but you might be looking for something completely different.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Oct 24th 2005 at 10:15 pm. Reason: typo
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:14 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hyatt have two resorts that are supposedly really good - we stayed at the one near noosa - it wasnt really good , in fact it so wasnt really good that they've given us a free week back again to see how much better they can be .... say no more.. (Staff were rubbish, service was crap -uniquely so compared to our experience thus far for australia).

The one on the gold coast near to sea world is meant to be much better.

Gold Coast at the main-beach resorts isnt so much like Florida as a sunny clacton or brighton. Noosa itself is really crowded but beach is nice. SeaWorld resort is a pile of pants and very dated.

Encouraging eh...

Last edited by spalen; Oct 24th 2005 at 10:23 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always look at Fraser Island? its gorgeous!!

Can get a bit touristy tho....
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Any thoughts?

Hi Bordy, it depends how relaxing you want it, if someone was paying for me I would be heading for the hamilton islands!!, why not try the Gold Coast, if you have kids its great as there is loads to keep them occupied, its nothing like Florida! if you want busy you can have busy if you want the quiet then you head down the coast or into the hinterland, it has something for everyone

Lisa
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:04 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Port Douglas definitely. It's changed a bit apparently since I lived there (1996/7) but it's got fantastic beaches, the reef, rainforest and it's gonna be hotter than SE Qld at that time of year. Plus if someone else is paying then go that bit further.

Paul.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Don't underestimate how cool it can be in July - particularly in the South Eastern corner. We even went to Hamilton Island once in July and it wasn't swimming weather - we needed jumpers on a couple of days and I only got into my swimmers once.

Definitely go as far north as possible if you want to guarantee a warm, beachy-type temperature. Cairns or Port Douglas, preferably.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:51 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

nobodiy has mentioned how cold it is in SEQ in july. i would definately head further north to the warmth, and i reckon port douglas/cairns for sure. if you want a bit more quiet, go to cape tribulation. i loved it there!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:00 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
nobodiy has mentioned how cold it is in SEQ in july. i would definately head further north to the warmth, and i reckon port douglas/cairns for sure. if you want a bit more quiet, go to cape tribulation. i loved it there!
Well nobody apart from nicky in the post right above you .

Come on, the guy is coming from Scotland, he's going to think that the water in the SE corner is like a bath!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Well nobody apart from nicky in the post right above you .
Phew, thanks for that! I was seriously beginning to think I was invisible...
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:09 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

lol. long delay between me writing the reply, and hitting submit. the post wasn't there when i started it!!!

Originally Posted by nickyc
Phew, thanks for that! I was seriously beginning to think I was invisible...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.