BBQ Clean

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:07 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBQ Clean

Any easy ways to clean the BBQ grills? Like a magic chemical you can soak them in to degrease them and remove the burnt bits (not from my cooking of course!)

Andrew
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:13 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BBQ Clean

Originally Posted by andrew63
Any easy ways to clean the BBQ grills? Like a magic chemical you can soak them in to degrease them and remove the burnt bits (not from my cooking of course!)

Andrew
How about coke, I mean Koka Kola...?
Try this they say it removes the stains from your cloths... whats harm in trying it will cost you 1.10$'s a can
- Bart
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:17 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you wanting to clean it so much. A good BBQ plate takes a while. Scrap it back, wire brush if need be, light it up, splash of beer and away you go.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:18 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

We use a spray called BBQ Klene, spray on , leave for 5 mins wipe off.
Once clean use half a lemon to rub over the hot plate.

Not sure why but I notice my Mrs always does it.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:41 am
ABCDiamond

Have a look at : http://www.bbqblue.com.au/smoke_wood...faq/using3.htm

and consider this point mentioned: (always remember the only barbecues that are hard to clean are cold ones).

also

http://www.beefeaterbbq.com/canada/content.asp?root=11

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Jan 3rd 2006 at 6:45 am.

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 7:12 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Why are you wanting to clean it so much. A good BBQ plate takes a while. Scrap it back, wire brush if need be, light it up, splash of beer and away you go.
Yup, Spot on Brian.
The cast iron plates are porous & they, "soak up" cooking oil & oil from food.
You should never fully clean the plates. If you do you'll lose all the seasoning you've built up.
3 thing then happen:
Your plates will rust between BBQs.
Your food will not be as tasty.
Your food will stick to the plates when you're cooking.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:00 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

And... why waste good beer on a BBQ, can think of better uses for it... .

I have a very good BBQ cleaner it's called hubby... it is one of those areas in life where men are just better at it... I know there are not many such areas.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
I have a very good BBQ cleaner it's called hubby... it is one of those areas in life where men are just better at it... I know there are not many such areas.

so true!!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:06 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scossie
Yup, Spot on Brian.
The cast iron plates are porous & they, "soak up" cooking oil & oil from food.
You should never fully clean the plates. If you do you'll lose all the seasoning you've built up.
3 thing then happen:
Your plates will rust between BBQs.
Your food will not be as tasty.
Your food will stick to the plates when you're cooking.
you're not wrong mate, my dentist told me the same thingb
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:18 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

When you buy cast iron pans they tell you to coat them in salt and lard then put them on high heat or in the oven till they smoke and never to use fairy liquid.

I know this and I can't cook as don't mind doing the pan sealing bit...LOL... .