Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBq buddies wanted!

BBq buddies wanted!

Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:36 am
Just Joined

katpa joca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BBq buddies wanted!

We have been here for nearly a year now and are really settled on the Northside, but would love to meet some new people, I miss being a social butterfly and my little ones need some playmates.
We live near Redcliffe and would love to meet up with other families and couples living in and around the area.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:05 am
Just Joined

julesbazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBq buddies wanted!

hi there

have u been on *************, there are a few redcliffe people meeting up with kids or, they might of already met up but get in touch with them
I'm on the northside but living in Warner.
I have since found out it is hard to have barbies with people living 5 miles aways let alone 10!! Its impossible to get a taxi round these parts after 11.00. We both like to have a drink we rarely venture out now as we always end up argueing bout the driving!!

There are plenty of reddies on pomsinoz. just reply to the posts and they will come!! lol

cheers

Jules x
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:08 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by katpa joca
We have been here for nearly a year now and are really settled on the Northside, but would love to meet some new people, I miss being a social butterfly and my little ones need some playmates.
We live near Redcliffe and would love to meet up with other families and couples living in and around the area.
Us too! But we live in Mona Vale,i think its pretty far away,isnt it Im rubbish at geography,i just about know where i live If its not too far away give us a shout,i have a 3yr(nearly 4) daughter who misses her UK friends and would love to play x
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

We would love to meet up myself OH and 3boys 14,12,10.
We are in caloundra at the mo but move into our rental in Narangba nxt week and would love to meet up after we get sorted. Maybe a bbq beside the lagoon in redcliffe in a week or so?

Lorna
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hettie
Us too! But we live in Mona Vale,i think its pretty far away,isnt it Im rubbish at geography,i just about know where i live If its not too far away give us a shout,i have a 3yr(nearly 4) daughter who misses her UK friends and would love to play x
Hi Hettie, I think the OP is in Queensland, so quite a long way from you! However, there is a meet happening near(ish) to you next Tuesday from 10.30 if you fancy it. It's at Diggers in Harbord- check out the FTC thread. Its a group of mums that meet once a month. Most of us are now childfree as all our little cherubs are at school, but some with littleys do come.x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I will have been in Oz for a year in August and still haven't had a proper barbecue!!!! Am in St Ives with one daughter aged 13, if anyone is interested in meeting up. If you are new- try the FTC which meets on the first tuesday of each month.(as detailed above)
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:43 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yanH
Hi Hettie, I think the OP is in Queensland, so quite a long way from you! However, there is a meet happening near(ish) to you next Tuesday from 10.30 if you fancy it. It's at Diggers in Harbord- check out the FTC thread. Its a group of mums that meet once a month. Most of us are now childfree as all our little cherubs are at school, but some with littleys do come.x
I know my hubby told me-i give blondes such a bad name,
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

We're about 25 minutes away from Recliffe. We live nr Strathpine, we'd be interested in meeting up, we have one little one, James who's 1 going on 21, and a another due in December.

Let us know if you sort out a meet up and we'll try and come along.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

yvonnemidwife will become famous soon enoughyvonnemidwife will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
We're about 25 minutes away from Recliffe. We live nr Strathpine, we'd be interested in meeting up, we have one little one, James who's 1 going on 21, and a another due in December.

Ooh would love to meet up I live in Scarborough and have two girls aged two and six and desperately need playmates for me my husband and the kids!!!! Katie is at southern cross and we ve yet to find a playgroup for Lucy x I am a midwife at mater mothers so will have to work around shifts but would love to start a group speak soon Yvonne [email protected]
Old Aug 4th 2009, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yvonnemidwife
Ooh would love to meet up I live in Scarborough and have two girls aged two and six and desperately need playmates for me my husband and the kids!!!! Katie is at southern cross and we ve yet to find a playgroup for Lucy x I am a midwife at mater mothers so will have to work around shifts but would love to start a group speak soon Yvonne [email protected]
Hi Yvonne,
I have tried to email you but it wouldnt let me for some reason, it would be really great if we could meet up. My name is Katie and I have 2 boys Joshua 6and Callum 3. We are free most days as Callum doesnt start kindy until after Christmas and most weekends we are in one park or another so let me know when you are available and hopefully we can sort something out really soon.
Oh yes I musn't forget to mention my oH, although I do forget sometimes, he works all hours all over the place at the moment so I never quite know what he's up to until the last minute.
Hopefully talk to you soon.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Louiseh86

Hi Louiseh86, I am trying to get a little social gathering together in Redcliffe so let me know when you are available.
My name is Katie and I have 2 boys Joshua 6and Callum 3, we are free most days as Callum doesn't go to kindy and most weekends we are in one of the parks, so let me know and hopefully we can meet up really soon.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:02 am
Just Joined

ninaw is an unknown quantity at this point

We would be up for a meet up soon, we live about 5 mins from Redcliffe in WOody Point, let us know what you are planning?x
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Louiseh86, I am trying to get a little social gathering together in Redcliffe so let me know when you are available.
My name is Katie and I have 2 boys Joshua 6and Callum 3, we are free most days as Callum doesn't go to kindy and most weekends we are in one of the parks, so let me know and hopefully we can meet up really soon.
We're busy this weekend, we're off to Seaworld, we haven't really done the touristy stuff yet but thought it was about time!

We'd be free for another weekend though. If someone wants to nominate a weekend we could all meet up. Maybe at a park or The Belverdere? I don't mind really. So if someone wants to pick a day and time and then we can sort out who's free and when then decide on what to do. Might be worth us starting a new thread for it

Louise

**Edit

Just saw that you've already started a new thread for a meet up, great minds think alike hey!

Last edited by LouiseR; Aug 6th 2009 at 9:46 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Pippa1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: BBq buddies wanted!

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
We would love to meet up myself OH and 3boys 14,12,10.
We are in caloundra at the mo but move into our rental in Narangba nxt week and would love to meet up after we get sorted. Maybe a bbq beside the lagoon in redcliffe in a week or so?

Lorna
Lorna,

How are you getting on in Narangba? We just moved here about 10 days ago and are loving it Still waiting on our furniture though, so have an empty house - lol!

Where about's are you? We are at Creekside
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pippa1972
Lorna,

How are you getting on in Narangba? We just moved here about 10 days ago and are loving it Still waiting on our furniture though, so have an empty house - lol!

Where about's are you? We are at Creekside
Hi we are getting on great loving it. We are in Norfork lakes. Kids have all settled into school. Been in our rental 6wks slowly starting to feel like home but still have a garage full of boxes that i havent unpacked yet. I''ll PM you my number if you would like to meet up for a cuppa?

Lorna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.