Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBQ Again Anyone??!!

BBQ Again Anyone??!!

Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default BBQ Again Anyone??!!

Hello everyone, having chatted to some of the folk who went to the last BBQ at Bribie, I thought we could organise another one.

Shecha came up with a good venue, at Lake Samsonvale, but naturally up for anyones ideas. L. Samsonvale, is pretty easy to get to, basically exit off the No. 1 highway for Kallangur/Petrie and follow Anzac Avenue to the Dayboro Road Roundabout, take Dayboro Road, and one other short road (forget the name..begins with V) and you're there. There's kids play park, a barrier to stop the wee ones running head first into the lake and gas BBQs which I believe are easier/quicker to cook on.

How about Saturday 18th June? All welcome!
ps those of you who didn't make the last one can admire Shecha's fancy cool box.....she might even remember the ice packs for it this time!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBQ Again Anyone??!!

Well, I'd love to see the cool box, but being car-less, can't make it.
Be there in spirit, hope you all have a riotous time
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well, I'd love to see the cool box, but being car-less, can't make it.
Be there in spirit, hope you all have a riotous time
We'll come and get you if you want Polly, or someone might be coming past your suburb? Anyway to quote you.."spirit" or beer all are welcome!!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:22 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by logan
Hello everyone, having chatted to some of the folk who went to the last BBQ at Bribie, I thought we could organise another one.

Shecha came up with a good venue, at Lake Samsonvale, but naturally up for anyones ideas. L. Samsonvale, is pretty easy to get to, basically exit off the No. 1 highway for Kallangur/Petrie and follow Anzac Avenue to the Dayboro Road Roundabout, take Dayboro Road, and one other short road (forget the name..begins with V) and you're there. There's kids play park, a barrier to stop the wee ones running head first into the lake and gas BBQs which I believe are easier/quicker to cook on.

ps those of you who didn't make the last one can admire Shecha's fancy cool box.....she might even remember the ice packs for it this time!!!!
Hey, count me in as a definite-maybe - I'll know after the long weekend for sure though! Pol, I can pick you up if I go.

Location sounds good. I also had an idea about food; if we all bring a plate of 'something' (ie: salad, pasta-salad, cakes, coleslaw, chips etc) to share, then bring our own meat/beer (as this is the expensive thing and more of a personal taste) we might not end up with as much surplus as last time, but still lots of variety... just an idea!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I also had an idea about food; if we all bring a plate of 'something' (ie: salad, pasta-salad, cakes, coleslaw, chips etc) to share, then bring our own meat/beer (as this is the expensive thing and more of a personal taste) we might not end up with as much surplus as last time, but still lots of variety... just an idea!
Count us in, too.

Michelle your idea of the "plate" sounds good. We have just finished eating the last of the burgers we had at the last one. We had to freeze loads of stuff when we got home.:scared:

Hope you are all well. Unfortunately still working like a mad thing, but they have extended my contract to the end of the year. I'm still not sure if this is a good or bad thing

Pollyanna, I offer our services as chauffeur if you would like to go.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Great - the chance of another tartan rug

Scot
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotvness
Great - the chance of another tartan rug

Scot
I tell you...you Scots, always on the make!!
you gonna show us your BBQ skills this time?!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:49 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya all. Talk of the Scots and they are sure to appear! We will very possibly will be there. Not too sure where that is yet but, would love to come if able to. Will need to see nearer the time as a bit of trouble with Hubby's working hours just now - he may have to work the Saturday.
Colette x
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:43 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Logan,

Lol at the 'fancy cool box' bit - and yeh, it would be a good idea to remember the ice packs this time!!!!

Great idea of Mlbonner's to bring a plate to share and your own meat.

Just to confirm the suggested location - once you're on the Dayboro Road heading west, you carry on past the North Pine Country Park and then turn left at Vores Road and then its your 3rd turning on left called MacGavin View. It's on page 87, grid K19 of the 2004 UBD Refedix.

Any other suggestions for location though are welcomed!!!

I'm looking forward to it!!!

Shell
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:24 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry......we can't make it.. hubby has a course that day up at Sunshine Beach. Have a fab time guys!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

I tell you...you Scots, always on the make!!
you gonna show us your BBQ skills this time?!
I'd love to..... provided my licence to cook outdoors has been issued by the Queensland cooking police.

I may just have to twist the top off a few stubbies and continue on my learning to cook at BBQ quest - It could take some years though

Looks like a nice spot - just down the road

Scot
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by artep
Sorry......we can't make it.. hubby has a course that day up at Sunshine Beach. Have a fab time guys!
OOooh artep...is there a train you could get to Petrie? We'll pick you and the kids up, no problem honest. We're a 2 car family now , have you heard not only am I now in sole possession of the Hyundai Excel..twin cam don't you know! but Mr Logan's now known as Barina Boy!! Plse come, esp. as you couldn't make the girly night! Aawwww go on, go on, go on!!!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:24 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Logan,

Im sorry, we cant come either this time Im taking the girls to Disney on Ice show

Have a great time everybody

Donna.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:43 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Logan,

Im sorry, we cant come either this time Im taking the girls to Disney on Ice show

Have a great time everybody

Donna.

Ooooooooo. My partners daughter was talking about this the other day. She went last year and had a great time apparently. Enjoy it and we'll see you at the next one instead
Old Jun 12th 2005, 2:27 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

Hi All

We would love to go this one but don't think we'll be able to. We've been here 5 weeks now and are starting to settle into a bit of a routine. Gaz has got a crap job until he get's his electrician's licence and has decided to have a go at Taxi Driving for a bit of extra cash so is doing the training this weekend and next. Think he's there all day Saturday.

We were only saying yesterday that we need to get out to some of the expat meetings (especially the family ones) so we can all meet people but we'll keep looking out for the next one.

Have a nice day though and we hope to meet up with you all soon

Rach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.