Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 8

BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 8

Old Jan 24th 2014, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Wanted Down Under - Series 8

Im guilty of the same, I have watched some of these as I am planning the same, however, I dont care if I get paid less when I come over, I dont really care if Im skint becuase it'll cost me £50 more per week for shopping or I have to live in a bedsit, the whole point is to experience something new, bad/good whatever. Australia seems perfect as it couldnt be further from where I am now and its close proximity to Asia and most importantly......its not ****ing raining and grey all the time!
Ill count myself very lucky if I find a good job and nice home, but Im prepared for whatever Oz throws at me! At the end of the day I think as long as your realistic about expectations and have a positive attitude you'll be fine
Old Jan 24th 2014, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
Im guilty of the same, I have watched some of these as I am planning the same, however, I dont care if I get paid less when I come over, I dont really care if Im skint becuase it'll cost me £50 more per week for shopping or I have to live in a bedsit, the whole point is to experience something new, bad/good whatever. Australia seems perfect as it couldnt be further from where I am now and its close proximity to Asia and most importantly......its not ****ing raining and grey all the time!
Ill count myself very lucky if I find a good job and nice home, but Im prepared for whatever Oz throws at me! At the end of the day I think as long as your realistic about expectations and have a positive attitude you'll be fine
Lovely to see that you are positive about moving to Oz, don't be put off by the negative comments you will read on BE by the usual biased posters.

Make up your own mind, roll with the punches and enjoy yourself.

However, remember that Wanted Down Under is merely voyeuristic entertainment, though at times there are a few facts and some nice views thrown in.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aries
Lovely to see that you are positive about moving to Oz, don't be put off by the negative comments you will read on BE by the usual biased posters.

However, remember that Wanted Down Under is merely voyeuristic entertainment, though at times there are a few facts and some nice views thrown in.

Absolutely! Ive taken it all with a pinch of salt, I think that unreal expectations about life down under is often what messes people up when they get over there. People expect (for some reason) that you'll only have to work 30 hours a week for fab pay, live on the beach and spend all day surfing with the kids; and yes they'll be verty disappointed!

Personally I cant wait for the adventure! Me and my partner are both up for anything, even if we have to work in the outback and live on a farm, it will still be an experience worth having, so bring it on I say! And worst comes to worst, we dont like it (alright we'll have spent a fortune on the process) but we'll just come home and Im sure we'll be better for the experience!
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries

Don't mistake realism for negativity - we can only post about the life we know here. For some people the experience is more positive than others, but for all of us it is just 'reality'.
Most posters don't actually want to put people off coming, we just want them to come with their eyes open and a reasonable idea of the realities of life here
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:30 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't mistake realism for negativity - we can only post about the life we know here. For some people the experience is more positive than others, but for all of us it is just 'reality'.
Most posters don't actually want to put people off coming, we just want them to come with their eyes open and a reasonable idea of the realities of life here
Absolutely, I dont know why reality should be viewed as negativity? I am often referred to as negative about Australia on here even though I often say many positives things as well. The positive comments do seem to be ignored though
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:59 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Absolutely, I dont know why reality should be viewed as negativity? I am often referred to as negative about Australia on here even though I often say many positives things as well. The positive comments do seem to be ignored though
Even I have been known to be positive about the place occasionally
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:12 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:25 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Australia has many positives but it get on my t!ts when people insist on blaiming the uk just because they failed.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TGA
Australia has many positives but it get on my t!ts when people insist on blaiming the uk just because they failed.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 5:33 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by TGA
Failed at what? Deciding that one country suits you bette than another isn't failure by any means.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:24 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Failed at what? Deciding that one country suits you bette than another isn't failure by any means.
exactly
Old Jan 25th 2014, 8:08 am
Banned

I think thats what the OP was saying, I think
Old Jan 25th 2014, 8:24 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

As clear as mud
Old Jan 25th 2014, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
As clear as mud
Or Marmite which has been banned in Canada

So from Wanted Down Under we could have a spin off . . .

"Not Wanted Across The Pond"
Old Jan 27th 2014, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

While doing some back exercises this morning, I watched a programme with two young gay men checking out Adelaide.

I was surprised when one, after being told he could start at about £20,000 more than he earns in the UK, not being happy because he wouldn't start at the managerial level he currently enjoys. So does that matter if he could work his way back up and earn even more money at a later date?

If he wants to move down under he should think about compromise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.