Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:20 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by northernbird
Grossly overweight is exaggerating a little I would say. Also I am a very strong swimmer and even I find being out in the ocean a little overwhelming so don't judge too harshly, there looked to be a bit of swell making it more difficult for someone not used to swimming that far out in the ocean.
here here nasty comment about poor girl hey
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

there looked to be a bit of swell making it more difficult for someone not used to swimming that far out in the ocean.
Having visions of drowned poms now , as a family of strong surfers and lifesavers, have to ask why on earth would people not educated on rips and swells be swimming 'far' out.

Bloody amazing.

Last edited by jad n rich; Jan 30th 2007 at 9:07 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by graciebluecat
bethandneil,....... I agree that they should not let their daughter of ten make decisions.Or sway what they want to do with their life, that 's wrong. I personally think they are together as she was so upset of the divorce, but running a small child down is unacceptable and you know it.Sorry you don't like my grammer but it is not a thorus site.obviously you just cannot take criticism.oh well say hi to jade give her my love she's in the priory you know!!!
Isn't it "grammar"?
Tell you what, the amount of times Nadia's surname has been mis-pronounced on this thread, if it was Big brother, there'd have been multiple arrests.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:35 pm
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
& on todays show , The Union Flag was shown upside down on the captions for adding the total score .... Damnd BBC should atleast get it right

starting to get fed up of the show now

I`m waiting to see who`ll be the first to start selling the Iconic Spinning Flag on ebay!

Surely a fortune waiting to be made by someone!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:39 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Well its Victorian Discrimination I think....not showing Melbourne!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:41 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Sorry, but much of your post I found hard to read because there were no fullstops or capital letters, but I just wanted to ask whether you have ever been to Australia and if so, for how long?
sorry for the delay in replying , also sorry you found it hard to read my post. I type pretty quick and dont check, send. As I have a busy busy life, will try harder to make sure all is good next time.

No I have never been to oz but know if anyone thinks oz is britain with a warmer climate that it is not, it is going to be completely different that is common sence.

Too many people are google eyed get there then think i cant bear it it's not like that in the uk

I quote a friend of mine who lived in sydney for five years said he was standing in A bakery, and some expats said they don't serve cakes like that back home in the uk,better back home , my friend replied( if you don't like it here piss off back to the uk..)...

.I have never been but know if i had any doubt that i would miss any part of 'best to be british' i would never go, but i am so not proud!!!!what is there to be proud of.....am off to oz in 8 days yipeee....just for holiday though.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Sydneys very expensive, believe me showing $400,000 houses in many parts of sydney would not have made pretty TV

Not sure why people comment if they film in bad weather, australia is not 22c and sunny everyday, it has far more diverse temps and conditions that the UK, weather that is more extreme than the Uk will ever get to moan about, 7year drought, months of bushfire and the associated smog, humidity and searing temps. If they showed any of that then it would only be fair, but did they show that or just a bit of rain?

Someone asked about hairdressers wages, about $560 before tax is the award wage, so no aussie hairdressers would not be living in sydney mansions. The aussie wages to house price ration is around 8/1 so houses for australians are actually more unaffordable that the UK ratio, its only UK equity that makes them look 'cheap' .
Absolutely spot on.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:42 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Having visions of drowned poms now , as a family of strong surfers and lifesavers, have to ask why the hell did they have people not educated on rips and swells swimming 'far' out.

Bloody amazing.
not sure whether you are taking the piss or not but I agree, I don't surf and haven't done lifesaving here but am an ex county swimmer with some lifesaving skills. Swimming in a nice pool is not the same as ocean swimming.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tofster
Isn't it "grammar"?
Tell you what, the amount of times Nadia's surname has been mis-pronounced on this thread, if it was Big brother, there'd have been multiple arrests.
sorry dear grammar is that better.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Did Nadia get her gong necklane on the stop over from Hong Kong or something? Cracks me up!

Sorry to the families that seem to be getting a raw deal because of this program, its a shame as unless you read this forum, you don't get your side of the story.

Would be nice to know what the actual lifestyle in these areas being shown is like and not where you can get a grass smoothie or a seaplane flight
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

sorry dear grammar is that better.
Only kidding........
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tofster

Only kidding........
no worries
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:09 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I quote a friend of mine who lived in sydney for five years said he was standing in A bakery, and some expats said they don't serve cakes like that back home in the uk,better back home , my friend replied( if you don't like it here piss off back to the uk..)...
Nice friend, I would have dropkicked him.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

not sure whether you are taking the piss or not but I agree, I don't surf and haven't done lifesaving here but am an ex county swimmer with some lifesaving skills. Swimming in a nice pool is not the same as ocean swimming.
Not taking the piss, every year thousands of toursits have to be rescued (by putting somebody elses life at risk) because the the beach looks 'nice'.

Unless there is a flagged patrolled area, for the majority of toursits its not a safe beach. What looks pretty and inviting is often dangerous with rips and tourists die every year because of lack of knowledge.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Sydneys very expensive, believe me showing $400,000 houses in many parts of sydney would not have made pretty TV
Ok, but the houses I'm on about were the 24 - 29 million dollar ones shown today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.