Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC TV in Australia

BBC TV in Australia

Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:55 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of
Default BBC TV in Australia

I remember seeing a report somewhere some weeks ago about the BBC possibly starting a channel for broadcast in Australia. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

- CDM
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC TV in Australia

I didnt see any mention of bbc coming over to aus, it would be good if they had a channel like the bbc usa one.
For now though abc is a little similier and you can of course the uktv if you have foxtel. Abc have the iview player to watch stuff online, thats pretty good.

I have been trying to find a good ip hiding software to watch the bbc iplayer thingy but none of the software so far has worked with it. The ITV site works fine though, its just a shame they dont put anything decent on
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:38 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

It won't happen. But I can't think of many BBC shows that aren't on UKTV, Lifestyle, How to or the BBC news channel on Austar/Foxtel. Plus of course you get all the shows on ABC - indeed their coming season trailer the other night looked like an advert for BBC1. Failing that, just watch is live on FilmOn. For more robust/useful solutions check the links in my signature.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Or traipse around an ABC store to purchase dvds of BBC series - just picked up some excellent wildlife docs on elephants yesterday.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CDM
I remember seeing a report somewhere some weeks ago about the BBC possibly starting a channel for broadcast in Australia. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

- CDM
If you have a gander at bbc.co.uk you'll see they support UKTV as their 'official' channel in Aus, since they send most of their shows this way...
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

woodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to allwoodiesinaus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CDM

- CDM
Yep, it's called ABC
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:17 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
It won't happen. But I can't think of many BBC shows that aren't on UKTV, Lifestyle, How to or the BBC news channel on Austar/Foxtel.
And BBC Knowledge and BBC HD
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
And BBC Knowledge and BBC HD
Not on Austar - only Foxtel.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:17 am
Just Joined

BackAgain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave99
I didnt see any mention of bbc coming over to aus, it would be good if they had a channel like the bbc usa one.
For now though abc is a little similier and you can of course the uktv if you have foxtel. Abc have the iview player to watch stuff online, thats pretty good.

I have been trying to find a good ip hiding software to watch the bbc iplayer thingy but none of the software so far has worked with it. The ITV site works fine though, its just a shame they dont put anything decent on
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/
Dave99 - since reading this I have been trying to get the ITVPlayer to work, but failing miserably, getting a techincal problem message, and when I look at the help page, is has the same message as the BBC iPlayer, about having a foreign IP address. Does anyone know if it is possible to avoid the systems detecting that you are in Australia and how have you managed to get the ITV one to work? Cheers.