Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC Radio listen again

BBC Radio listen again

Old Sep 27th 2009, 3:10 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC Radio listen again

Anyone know how to burn a listen again program to CD?
Old Sep 27th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Radio listen again

If you download it as a podcast you can copy the file to whatever device you want. http://www.bbc.co.uk/faq/questions/p...t_is_a_podcast
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I record and save them using mp3mymp3 which is freeware and then I burn them to cd or download to my pda. As the address stays the same for the time slot then you have to be sure to record the program before it expires.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:11 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perksy
Anyone know how to burn a listen again program to CD?
I had been looking for a recorder for ages... found this one. (http://www.applian.com/asktoolbar/?src=tell)

It sits in a toolbar on Internet Explorer and records direct from he sound card. The only downside is it saves the files in 'multiple files'. I select all the multiple files and pop them into I-Tunes and then record a CD with no gaps between files. I then end up with a perfect CD, excellent quality and can listen to my favorite Radio 1 shows when I like.

Neil.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:44 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I had been looking for a recorder for ages... found this one. (http://www.applian.com/asktoolbar/?src=tell)

It sits in a toolbar on Internet Explorer and records direct from he sound card. The only downside is it saves the files in 'multiple files'. I select all the multiple files and pop them into I-Tunes and then record a CD with no gaps between files. I then end up with a perfect CD, excellent quality and can listen to my favorite Radio 1 shows when I like.

Neil.

Cheers for that
Old Sep 29th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
I record and save them using mp3mymp3 which is freeware and then I burn them to cd or download to my pda. As the address stays the same for the time slot then you have to be sure to record the program before it expires.
Just tried this one, it asks you some questions about yourself at the end then trys to launch something called relevantknowledgeInstaller.
I blocked it but that looks a bit suspicous, perhaps it tries to serve you ads or something

Also it only seems to have microphone or a HD input avaliable as sound sources, i.e inputs, rather than just being able to record whats playing at the time

Last edited by dave99; Sep 29th 2009 at 9:27 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:36 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

So there is a way to listen to Chris Moyles/Scott Mills whilst in Oz, I love their shows and ideally would still like to listen to them occasionally once we move?!

Edit: I've heard them talking about http://www.sirius.com/ quite a bit, is that sort of thing available in Oz, to allow you to listen to Radio 1 through a DAB radio or the likes of the tele like we can here on sky?
Old Oct 4th 2009, 4:02 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
So there is a way to listen to Chris Moyles/Scott Mills whilst in Oz, I love their shows and ideally would still like to listen to them occasionally once we move?!

Edit: I've heard them talking about http://www.sirius.com/ quite a bit, is that sort of thing available in Oz, to allow you to listen to Radio 1 through a DAB radio or the likes of the tele like we can here on sky?
You can listen to pretty much any of the BBC radio shows (except live sports events) on the iPlayer/Listen Again or you can just listen live, though obviously Chris Moyles is on air in the middle of the night over here and you're more likely to get Annie Nightingale or Giles Peterson. (Not a bad swap in the grand scheme of things).
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:49 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
You can listen to pretty much any of the BBC radio shows (except live sports events) on the iPlayer/Listen Again or you can just listen live, though obviously Chris Moyles is on air in the middle of the night over here and you're more likely to get Annie Nightingale or Giles Peterson. (Not a bad swap in the grand scheme of things).
Good stuff, fankoo
Old Oct 7th 2009, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

mordechaivanunu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I record from the listen again feature on the BBC so you can listen to what you want when you want. I use a programme called Wiretap (I have a Mac). You can schedule it too record when you want (it records directly from your soundcard) It saves the files as an mp3, I then put them into itunes and listen to it in the car on my ipod.