Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC iPlayer & ITV Player

BBC iPlayer & ITV Player

Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BBC iPlayer & ITV Player

Originally Posted by seven seas
Those were the good ones? Jeez, what were the shit programmes then?
Anything you like....
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
The Box is a better website than UK Nova. I can send you an invite if you PM your email addy.
could you send me an invite,let me know and i can forward my email
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brian.w
could you send me an invite,let me know and i can forward my email
have you been on the site?

I went on yesterday and managed to register without an invite
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:33 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BackAgain
Does anybody know how to make you computer's IP address appear to be in the UK when you are in Australia to get these to work? Have you done it, does it work? Thanks.
If you PM me I will give you an intro to a set of VPNs that encompass the UK, USA and Canada.

I watch several US and UK programmes both live and delayed, on a 1500KBs link.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
have you been on the site?

I went on yesterday and managed to register without an invite
i tried but did not have any left,be great if i got an invite..

pm me if anyone can help me out
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by brian.w
i tried but did not have any left,be great if i got an invite..

pm me if anyone can help me out
You don't need an invite try this http://www.thebox.bz/signup.php
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:06 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbhx
You don't need an invite try this http://www.thebox.bz/signup.php
That worked for me first time, cheers for the link!!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Rob Skrzypkowski is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: BBC iPlayer & ITV Player

Originally Posted by Wol
If you PM me I will give you an intro to a set of VPNs that encompass the UK, USA and Canada.

I watch several US and UK programmes both live and delayed, on a 1500KBs link.
We are currently living in Florida and I was wondering it it is posible to watch UK TV through ITV Player or something simular.
Regards,
Rob
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Skrzypkowski
We are currently living in Florida and I was wondering it it is posible to watch UK TV through ITV Player or something simular.
Regards,
Rob
I've PM'd you.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

smude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nice

My OH doesn't miss anything from the uk except for match of the day. If I sign up for any of the above will he be able to watch either live or later?

Many Thanks
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smude
My OH doesn't miss anything from the uk except for match of the day. If I sign up for any of the above will he be able to watch either live or later?

Many Thanks
They don't put Match of the Day on the BBC iplayer. Me and my OH miss it too. On Fox sports on Mondays at 6pm they have an English premier league round up which isn't as good as MOTD but you do get to see what happened at the weekend.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

smude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nicesmude is just really nice

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
They don't put Match of the Day on the BBC iplayer. Me and my OH miss it too. On Fox sports on Mondays at 6pm they have an English premier league round up which isn't as good as MOTD but you do get to see what happened at the weekend.
Thanks for the reply. Don't have Fox at the moment. Not sure that it is worth it ...except for the sport...still weighing up whether its worth paying the money for it. As we have only been here a little less than a year we seem to be out and about a lot....just thought it would be good to be able to have MOTD.

Thanks again.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smude
Thanks for the reply. Don't have Fox at the moment. Not sure that it is worth it ...except for the sport...still weighing up whether its worth paying the money for it. As we have only been here a little less than a year we seem to be out and about a lot....just thought it would be good to be able to have MOTD.

Thanks again.
Same here .....but got the iQ a while back can record everything and watch when I want... can even view TV guide from the internet and record remotely. If I hadn't got it now I would miss it..
Old Sep 20th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Same here .....but got the iQ a while back can record everything and watch when I want... can even view TV guide from the internet and record remotely. If I hadn't got it now I would miss it..
Thanks for your reply. Have heard that the iQ is worth having..may have to bite the bullet and subscribe. just wandered if there was any way of watching MotD?
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:04 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

To avoid torrents basically you need an SSH tunnel/VPN to appear as if you are in the UK. To avoid paying for the privilege that means a helpful friend in the UK with a router that can run as an end point to your tunnel. Look up VPN, SSH tunnel and Putty

To access iPlayer on the higher resolutions, its also worthwhile investigating 'get_iplayer' a tool for downloading iPlayer programmes so that you can capture them and watch later. If you don't download you will often hit buffering problems as the upstream datarate of your friend isn't enough to keep up.

Plus, of course, you are going to need enough of a cap to download everything you might want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.