Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC DRAMA - Survivors Series 2

Wikiposts

BBC DRAMA - Survivors Series 2

Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:42 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC DRAMA - Survivors Series 2

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Survivors-Co.../dp/B0002WYS8G

Is this what you are talking about? I haven't seen any of it as we only use our TV for dvds (for obvious reasons). Worth getting?
This is the original 1970s Survivors (Complete series 1-3)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Survivors-1-...f=pd_cp_d_h__0

And this is the new version of it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Survivors-1-...f=pd_cp_d_h__1

Both very good
Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
And also don't forget Falling Skies coming up in the US on the 19th June. Looks good too.

S
That does look good. btjunkie is going to go into overdrive soon!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:44 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Survivors-Co.../dp/B0002WYS8G

Is this what you are talking about? I haven't seen any of it as we only use our TV for dvds (for obvious reasons). Worth getting?

That's the original series - Similar to the Day of the Triffids with John Duttine and Maurice Colbourne. I haven't seen the original, just the re-imagined. Wouldn't mind catching it. If you order it, I'll lend you my re-imagined series in return

Originally Posted by paulry
The first episode looked okay.

Already marked on the calendar

Excellent. There's a bit of a hole in the Sci-Fi space at the moment.

S
Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:52 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

That's the original series - Similar to the Day of the Triffids with John Duttine and Maurice Colbourne. I haven't seen the original, just the re-imagined. Wouldn't mind catching it. If you order it, I'll lend you my re-imagined series in return

Excellent. There's a bit of a hole in the Sci-Fi space at the moment.

S

True, the boys and I were lamenting that fact a few days ago, triggering us to scour the net for anything thats been missed.

The original 70s Survivors is excellent and better than the new version, IMO.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 1:20 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

True, the boys and I were lamenting that fact a few days ago, triggering us to scour the net for anything thats been missed.

The original 70s Survivors is excellent and better than the new version, IMO.

Ok, I'll have to grab a copy. I was really disappointed with the V remake - It was really shite in comparison to the original. I hope that the second series picks up a bit. And we lament the cancellation of both Stargate Universe (or My Two Colonels, as my GF calls it) and Caprica. Caprica was slow to start, which killed it I think, but the second half of the season was excellent.

Like Turban Explorer, my TV is only used for watching pre-recorded stuff - Torrents, DVDs etc, and playing on the Xbox. In fact the TV has never been connected to the aerial of the house. Indeed, I don't actually know where the aerial connection is!

S
S
Old Jun 6th 2011, 2:23 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I'll have to grab a copy. I was really disappointed with the V remake - It was really shite in comparison to the original. I hope that the second series picks up a bit. And we lament the cancellation of both Stargate Universe (or My Two Colonels, as my GF calls it) and Caprica. Caprica was slow to start, which killed it I think, but the second half of the season was excellent.

Like Turban Explorer, my TV is only used for watching pre-recorded stuff - Torrents, DVDs etc, and playing on the Xbox. In fact the TV has never been connected to the aerial of the house. Indeed, I don't actually know where the aerial connection is!

S
S
I actually had to get hoisted up to the top of the mast of our live-a-board boat to attach the ariel when we first arrived here, as him indoors is a bit of a homo when it comes to heights. After 3 days we turned off the resulting intrusion of bollocks and the mast itself got pecked to death by a sea eagle a few months later. Good lad
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:41 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That does look good. btjunkie is going to go into overdrive soon!
Thank god for torrents. Though in saying that, I always torrent TV shows, but never movies. I sort of hate the way that TV companies cancel things at the drop of a hat - particularly when there is an end of season cliffhanger involved.

They show absolute contempt for a show's fans, so I don't see that the fans should demonstrate much back in return.

Movies, on the other hand, as one off things, I always buy on DVD, as I like to have the case etc and like to support the industry...

That probably doesn't make any sense...

S
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:52 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god for torrents. Though in saying that, I always torrent TV shows, but never movies. I sort of hate the way that TV companies cancel things at the drop of a hat - particularly when there is an end of season cliffhanger involved.

They show absolute contempt for a show's fans, so I don't see that the fans should demonstrate much back in return.

Movies, on the other hand, as one off things, I always buy on DVD, as I like to have the case etc and like to support the industry...

S
I kind of understand. I'm the same with music.

I think having access to torrents is better than watching the original broadcast - you get to watch exactly what you want. The UK and US make a lot of good TV, but also a lot of shite TV too. Watching downloads does away with having to wade through the dross. You also get to watch a whole series back to back - no adverts, no waiting for next weeks episode. theempire.bz also lets you download Aussie programmes, so a 30min episode is no longer 45mins (15mins ads)
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:19 am
Banned

S
That's a good point about the TV companies. Another thing that I find annoying is the way that so many TV series are concluded. Some they just stop making, others have a weak termination. Lost was one but then admittedly there were so many flashbacks, twists and turns it's hard to see how they could have ended that off tidily and logically? The Stargates were not terminated very well. Star Trek Voyager ended well. Star Trek Enterprise had lots of steam left in it but was prematurely stopped. Both Survivors had more mileage but left fans hanging.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:42 am
has lost The Game

That's a good point about the TV companies. Another thing that I find annoying is the way that so many TV series are concluded. Some they just stop making, others have a weak termination. Lost was one but then admittedly there were so many flashbacks, twists and turns it's hard to see how they could have ended that off tidily and logically? The Stargates were not terminated very well. Star Trek Voyager ended well. Star Trek Enterprise had lots of steam left in it but was prematurely stopped. Both Survivors had more mileage but left fans hanging.

That's pretty much what I am getting at - The TV companies are quite happy to cancel a show if the ratings fall below a certain threshold value, so you do often end up with shows that have a big cliffhanger season ending but don't get picked up again for another season, so it never gets resolved.

Prime examples being Stargate Universe and Flash Forward. I think that Lost just lost its way, though they were allowed to finish the story arc. Caprica was cancelled, and had plenty of steam left in it, as was, though a while ago, Space: Above and Beyond. And Survivors - lovely cliffhanger ending to season 2, bu that will never be resolved.

I hate TV companies, they are just too fickle and have no respect for the fans.

S
Old Jun 7th 2011, 3:51 pm
Banned

That's pretty much what I am getting at - The TV companies are quite happy to cancel a show if the ratings fall below a certain threshold value, so you do often end up with shows that have a big cliffhanger season ending but don't get picked up again for another season, so it never gets resolved.

Prime examples being Stargate Universe and Flash Forward. I think that Lost just lost its way, though they were allowed to finish the story arc. Caprica was cancelled, and had plenty of steam left in it, as was, though a while ago, Space: Above and Beyond. And Survivors - lovely cliffhanger ending to season 2, bu that will never be resolved.

I hate TV companies, they are just too fickle and have no respect for the fans.

S
I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC change their minds and produce a Survivors Series Three () http://survivorsbbctv.wordpress.com/. Turns out that Outcasts has been ditched after just one series
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC change their minds and produce a Survivors Series Three () http://survivorsbbctv.wordpress.com/. Turns out that Outcasts has been ditched after just one series
Forget that, Game of Thrones is where it's at
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:07 am
Banned

I watched the pilot double episode of Falling Skies earlier on. Looks promising
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Forget that, Game of Thrones is where it's at

Son bought the book and is riveted to it.
Reckons it's excellent.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the pilot double episode of Falling Skies earlier on. Looks promising

Good to hear.
DVD of series one arrived today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.