Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC 2 Tonight 8.00pm

Wikiposts

BBC 2 Tonight 8.00pm

Old Apr 21st 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default BBC 2 Tonight 8.00pm

Hi

BBC 2, tonight 8.00pm Get a New Life.

Australia - family relocating to Brisbane

Yve
Old Apr 21st 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reminder, I will watch with interest.

Hope it is a successful one as my Mum is with us at the moment and will also be watching. Needless to say she is not impressed with the idea of us going!
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 12:28 am
Just Joined

highwinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking forward to watching it... thanks for the reminder I thought tonight was Tunisia of something. Not sure if giving yourself 2 weeks to uproot and go and live on the other side of the planet allows for enough preperation considering most of us spend a couple of years sorting things out but should be nice to see the scenery if nothing else.

I was a bit dissapointed at how un-professional the "Professional Relocators" were as one couple arrived in Cayman without a working visa !! They only got one about 3 weeks into their stay. Then they only had a week to decide if they could make a go of it. They have since split up, not surprised they were obviously streesed to the limit.

By the way we're off on June 10th wooohoooo !!!!

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 2:53 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reminder, my days are mixed up cos of easter and I thought this week was another country.

I think this whole show is just ridiculous; last week neither of them spoke Italian, I mean, c'mon!!!

But it is still fun to watch (the scenery) and seeing what problems you can encounter. (which you prob wouldn't encounter if you prepare properly!)
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 4:31 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC 2 Tonight 8.00pm

and if you do not get enough looking at the scenery tonight, it looks like the whole of the Holiday programme (BBC1 7pm) is in Oz.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 6:18 am

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

When is the Holiday Programme on? Tuned in today and it was Watchdog.

Hope that Relocation programme is good. From the write-ups in the newspapers I don't think things go as well as expected.

As you say, the scenery will be good and we may pick up a few tips.

Kate
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 6:28 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kevwalt
When is the Holiday Programme on?
Kate
whoops - this thursday!
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Will be watching the recorded episode later of tonites and looking forward to thursdays holiday programme.

footie chick
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:29 am
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

What did everyone think of tonites programme?

Personally, I thought they could have covered everything in a half hour show...

I was hoping they'd show more on shipping contents, schools, arranging housing,making friends etc...
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven`t watched yet. Is it that bad ???

footie chick
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Your'e right, half hour programme definately.

Those relocaters what did they actually do, the visa was already sorted out , the couple found their own work.

The relocaters just argued over who was going to oz!!!!!!
Nice job if you can get it.

I'm sure most people that have already migrated could do a better job, than these two jokers.

Cheers

karen and andy
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Hi I was hoping for more info and scenery, disapointed in what they showed. Went to Brisbane last christmas and and it looked far nicer than they showed eg Southpark is an amazing place for the kids but it showed practically nothing my holiday snaps are better. Thought it would have showed more of the coast as well.

Again not impressed with the relocaters.

It was good to see the emotion's tonight I know it won't be easy.

Who else cryed when they were saying goodbye at the airport? or am I the only emotional wreck on the forum?
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no way I would let those "Proffessional Relocators" do anything, I doubt they could relocate a skip. !!
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

Not enough information about anything, not even useful addresses. All of the hard work was done when they were applying and filling in their application. It would of ben of more use seeing the whole process. If you have money in your pocket you can easily find your own accomadation. Come on how simple do they think most people are it's only another country not another planet.
Samantha
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 8:55 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the bloke did more than the girl. At least he bought some stuff for the house. They had their own visa, they found their own jobs. If you have the Internet you could do a better job. I found the same when we went to Victoria last christmas. Travel agent screwed up campervan booking so I rang Maui Oz direct. Saved £500. I'll be doing it myself in future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.