Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Banksia Grove,Butler WA, Australia

Banksia Grove,Butler WA, Australia

Old Feb 15th 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ozbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Banksia Grove,Butler WA, Australia

Hi been doing some research into areas this afternoon in the Northern suburbs of Perth and Banksia Grove and Butler's property prices seem quite a bit cheaper than a lot of the other areas i have been looking at! does anybody know a reason for this, i.e are they dodgy or is it just distance to the beach and perth???? any one who lives there or has any info it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:47 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banksia Grove,Butler WA, Australia

Originally Posted by Ozbound08
Hi been doing some research into areas this afternoon in the Northern suburbs of Perth and Banksia Grove and Butler's property prices seem quite a bit cheaper than a lot of the other areas i have been looking at! does anybody know a reason for this, i.e are they dodgy or is it just distance to the beach and perth???? any one who lives there or has any info it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Distance is the main reason. But both suburbs have bed reputations from years gone by as they were effectively outside the metro area and inhabited with people like Cletus from The Simpsons Now both suburbs are entirely different, full of very modern housing and the reputation is no longer deserved but sticks for a very long time. (Rockingham is still nicknamed Boganup many many years after it became part of greater-Perth). The only other thing that may be off-putting is lack of facilities. We are in Carramar in an 11 year old house and are only going to finally get shops this year. Banksia is probably 5 years behind Carramar in development. It does have a primary school though.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

a suburb with potential growth
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Dont really know a lot about Banksia grove but think it is ok.
My daughter goes to Butler primary school and loves it there. It has its own shopping centre, daycare and is building what i think is going to be a youth club. I would not call it a dodgy area at all and it really is a lovely area for kids. It is also very close to the beach !

Nicky
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:47 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
like Cletus from The Simpsons Now both suburbs are entirely different
Cletus still lives there though, along with thousands of poms.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Ozbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Dont really know a lot about Banksia grove but think it is ok.
My daughter goes to Butler primary school and loves it there. It has its own shopping centre, daycare and is building what i think is going to be a youth club. I would not call it a dodgy area at all and it really is a lovely area for kids. It is also very close to the beach !

Nicky
Hi thank you and everybody else who has replied to my post! It sounds like Butler has more facilities then and maybe a better option! What is Carramar like to live in too??? anyhow have a good saturday everyone!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:24 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I am in Banksia grove currently and it has plenty of potential here especially when they stop building and the new shopping centre finally gets built. I am selling and moving out though, I didn't want to have to sell the house but the bank said no way its got to go. But as soon as we have built out bush we will be buying straight back in here.
Its a subburb which is deemed far out but in reality 5 mins from Wanneroo and 15 from Joondalup centre, and as subburbs go is quite nice. It has lots of trees which are scarce in new subburbs and a couple of nature reserves, think that has something to do with them not stripping it out completely when building the main part 5years or so ago. There are lots of properties with established trees and when we bought this thought the house was built years before, we got quite a shock when we where told it was only a couple of years old.
I really like it here, it also does have a good community group which have events etc so a lot of team spitit up here which is so lacking in other places.
Jenny
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
I thought it wouldn't be long before you had a sly dig :curse:, You are getting boring now
Seems everytime someone mentions a suburb north of ILUKA where you live you have to add your pompous replies, You are one also one of the Poms that reside in the Northern Suburbs. Get over the fact that some people actually like to live in these places. You are a F***ing Snob with a huge chip on your shoulder

Last edited by Dennis The Menace; Feb 17th 2008 at 10:42 am.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by worzel
Distance is the main reason. But both suburbs have bed reputations from years gone by as they were effectively outside the metro area and inhabited with people like Cletus from The Simpsons Now both suburbs are entirely different, full of very modern housing and the reputation is no longer deserved but sticks for a very long time. (Rockingham is still nicknamed Boganup many many years after it became part of greater-Perth). The only other thing that may be off-putting is lack of facilities. We are in Carramar in an 11 year old house and are only going to finally get shops this year. Banksia is probably 5 years behind Carramar in development. It does have a primary school though.
Butler didn't exist 5 years ago
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:42 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dennis The Menace
Butler didn't exist 5 years ago
We drove through it for the first time 2 1/2 years ago and it only looked half built so I guessed it was twice as old
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

I thought it wouldn't be long before you had a sly dig :curse:, You are getting boring now
Seems everytime someone mentions a suburb north of ILUKA where you live you have to add your pompous replies, it appears you have a massive chip on your shoulders You are one also one of the Poms that reside in the Northern Suburbs. Get over the fact that some people actually like to live in these places. You are a F***ing Snob with a huge chip on your shoulder
Charming, and I thought the idea of a forum was that everyone could add a little so hopefully posters can get an idea of what the broad picture is.
Congratulations on your post, so well thought out.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Seems everytime someone mentions a suburb north of ILUKA where you live you have to add your pompous replies, You are one also one of the Poms that reside in the Northern Suburbs. Get over the fact that some people actually like to live in these places. You are a F***ing Snob with a huge chip on your shoulder
Chill.
An opinion was asked for and an opinion was given - that's why this site is called a F-O-R-U-M.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:59 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

i'll go along with you Dennis!!!

good answer!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Santa
Charming, and I thought the idea of a forum was that everyone could add a little so hopefully posters can get an idea of what the broad picture is.
Congratulations on your post, so well thought out.
Just take a look back at his posts.

Everytime a suburb north of Iluka is asked about he has to have a dig, He lives in a very affulient suburb (and God don't we all know it) and belittles everyone who lives in any of the not so affluient suburbs. I and alot of others who live in these places get pissed off with his pompious attitude. Not everyone has come over here with megga bucks and it is not helpful for people coming over here hearing his constant slagging off of these places.

You live in Dunsbourgh which i think is a beautiful place, if it was north of Iluka he would be calling that a shithole as well.

You are right this a forum where people can add a little of infomation to help other posters out with their future move to Perth, But he is not helpfull he constantly paints a bad picture of anywhere he dosen't live. :curse:

Last edited by Dennis The Menace; Feb 17th 2008 at 11:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.