BANKS

Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice
Default BANKS

Wife has a Barclays account in UK
I have a HSBC

In Sydney, are both these banks accessible?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BANKS

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
I have a HSBC

Barclays you can forget about. I wouldn't bother with HSBC either if you need a branch network. They have about a dozen in all of NSW.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:33 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

One will be needed an Australian Bank sir.

Open an account from the UK with the NAB. http://www.nab.com.au/wps/wcm/connec..._Finance/15/23

You won't be paying any dodgy overseas transaction charges and rates. NAB operate fee free for most things.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice

many thanks......................you don't work for them do you?
Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:08 am
ABCDiamond

I agree with the NAB for most people. Due to its NO monthly fees for anyone.

Barclays bank did use to have branches here, and some are still listed on various websites, but they closed operations back in the 90's (shortly after I dealt with them )

Australian Stock Exchange
Barclays Bank Australia Limited
This company is not only delisted, it is also deregistered. That means it has been struck off the official register and no longer exists.
Anyone looking for Barclays in Australia will find at least one branch on internet info sites, the one I dealt with at:
Barclays Bank Australia Ltd, 358 The Horsley Dr Fairfield, NSW , 2165
But all they sell there now is... Berlei Bras

The Internet is slowly becoming out of date...

Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, NAB is good because of no monthly fees. Also if bank network isn't important to you, there's also ING Direct (Orange Everyday account).
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:52 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

You can access your cash using your Barclays Connect or Barclays VISA Electron card free of transaction charges from Westpac ATM's. You'll still get hit with conversion charges, but not an ATM fee.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 4:34 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

I have a HSBC

Do you mean can you take money out of your UK accounts with your card at an ATM? Yes.

Do you mean can you transfer your account over to the local branch of those banks? No.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:57 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks......................you don't work for them do you?
No - I just have been though a few of the others and its the cheapest and best option for most people's circumstances.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:53 pm
Prepare yourself Brisbane

Dave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the rough

We're going to be moving to Brisbane around July next year, when would be a good time to open an account in Oz? Or is it that the earlist you open an account the better?
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dave.McLeod
We're going to be moving to Brisbane around July next year, when would be a good time to open an account in Oz? Or is it that the earlist you open an account the better?
Hi Dave,

If you are planning to open a bank account while outside of OZ, it is suggested that you only open a bank account around a month before. I have called both NAB and also commonwealth. They both offer the option to open the bank from outside OZ.

Note that you won't be able to touch that money until you arrive in OZ, go to the bank, sign some papers etc and verify your identity.

Thus, that's why they suggested that I'll open the bank a month before (they will prepare it obviously), then find a good day to transfer the money.

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Sep 11th 2010, 6:31 pm

Dave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the rough

Hi B!k3r...

Thanks for your reply...I'll hold off then closer to the time then.

Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave.McLeod

Move to Melbourne. Brissy sucks and I should know cos I'm stuck here
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by denzil73
Move to Melbourne. Brissy sucks and I should know cos I'm stuck here
Such a statement is meaningless without any elaboration and explanations...

So, what's your say?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:42 pm

Ditto...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.