Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Banking Suggestions

Banking Suggestions

Old Nov 4th 2013, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking Suggestions

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I started off with HSBC actually, but I had problems with my old workplace being unable to transfer money to HSBC (This was later revealed to be because they owed HSBC lots of money, but that's another story), so I switched to Citi.

S
Odd. On that basis you'd think they'd allow deposits, but not withdrawals.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 5:25 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Odd. On that basis you'd think they'd allow deposits, but not withdrawals.

I think it was just stupid belligerence of the part of the f**knuts I worked for...

S
Old Nov 4th 2013, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I think it was just stupid belligerence of the part of the f**knuts I worked for...

S
You work for ****nuts too?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:26 am
Vendor

Dan_W9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JDAD84
Hey,

Sobmy husband and I are planning to make the move to Oz in the new year, we're trying to work out the best bank for making the move. We'll probably have around £8k we want to transfer to an aussie account whilst keeping some of our higher interest accounts in the UK.

We've been looking at moneycorp as an option for transferring money and also looking at NAB for a basic current account but wondered if anyone has any good or bad experiences they can share from their move....

Any suggestions welcome, we'd just like something easy to setup and then use as a day to day account when we get out there

Thanks
Hi JDAD84,

I used Commonwealth bank while I lived in Oz last year and I had no problems whatsoever. Plus everywhere I turned there was one of their ATM's, which was very convenient! I actually still have the account open and send a small amount over every few months.

With regards to your transfer across, any FX company will offer a much better rate and service when compared to a Bank.

Feel free to drop me a line as my company will be able to facilitate the transfer for you at a more preferential rate.

Thanks Dan