banking

Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

madmunky79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default banking

Hi there, I am due to arrive in OZ hopefully in April 2009. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a bank to use when I arrive with my family cos I don't fancy stashing my pennies under the mattress again. Any info or links to website is really appreciated.

Ta Mad Munky
Old Oct 18th 2008, 7:20 pm
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future
Default Re: banking

Originally Posted by madmunky79
Hi there, I am due to arrive in OZ hopefully in April 2009. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a bank to use when I arrive with my family cos I don't fancy stashing my pennies under the mattress again. Any info or links to website is really appreciated.

Ta Mad Munky
Hi Madmunky

I think it would possibly be too soon as yet to open a bank account, from what i gather, they only keep the account open for so long.

Your best bet is to perhaps open one about a couple months before you arrive in oz

starlite
Old Oct 18th 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madmunky79

Ta Mad Munky
Can open a Westpac one in UK, charge $5 a month for unlimited transactions, or if you have $3k in account they're free. Seems popular.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:30 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Can open a Westpac one in UK, charge $5 a month for unlimited transactions, or if you have $3k in account they're free. Seems popular.
I have banked with Westpac for 10 years, had no major problems with them. Their internet banking is easy to use. The only negative I had was when we tried to get a car loan they said no, even when everyone else said yes.
I also bank with ANZ and Bankwest, but prefer Westpac.