Bankcruptcy

Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Bankcruptcy

If you have been made bankcrupt could this affect your application for emigration, and do you have to declare this bankcruptcy on your application form.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:30 pm
owieb

Default Re: Bankcruptcy

Originally Posted by midge04
If you have been made bankcrupt could this affect your application for emigration, and do you have to declare this bankcruptcy on your application form.
As I understand it a bankruptcy is a civil proceeding (unless criminal charges were made against you) and therefore will not show up on police records.

The application forms don't ask you if you have ever been made bankrupt (at least they didn't the last time I looked!), they only ask for criminal offences. So I would assume that you don't need to declare it, unless criminal charges were laid.

I guess it could have a bearing on your "character", but seeing as many people go bankrupt due to no fault of their own I think it would be very unfair for DIMIA to judge someones character on it.

I don't know the definitive answer to this; maybe someone like JAJ or Alan Collett will be able to advise you.

Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

My Hubby, who applied for the Spouse visa never had to declare it. He is a "Personal Bankrupt", not a business one though. He wont be discharged from his Bankruptcy until August 2005, but he has his visa already.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

fraze1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a mate who declared himself bankrupt a few years ago and was granted a 136 visa last year
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:39 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

The only time I would think dificulties would arise is if Fraud was involved then it would appear on police checks etc
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Cheers for the replys, very helpful. And no nothing fraudulent just lack of work, hopefully it will pick up so it doesnt have to come to this.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:50 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Cheers for the replys, very helpful. And no nothing fraudulent just lack of work, hopefully it will pick up so it doesnt have to come to this.
Well, if you are not bankrupt yet, don't panic. Something will come along.

Good Luck

PJ
Old Oct 5th 2004, 1:44 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

With the upmost respect to your situation, don't assume you will fix these problems by emmigrating to Australia, you may make them worse