Bank recommendations

Bank recommendations

Old Feb 27th 2017, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Marcman is on a distinguished road
Wink Bank recommendations

Hi All,

First post in sometime, however back with vengeance

I been doing allot of internet site research and for the love of google, its been more frustrating and I've now hit an information overload and wonder if someone can please assist.

What i need is in preparation for my move to the land down under later this year, i wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations on opening a bank account from abroad. (Currently UK account with me being based in South Africa)

I'm interested in the following:
Having access to the account before i move to start moving funds to, generate interest etc. Internet and mobile app banking is a must When i sell my property for the funds to also be loaded into this account (not sure on the limitations etc on this)

As said, recommendations are welcome to ease my google love

Thanks
Marc
Old Mar 4th 2017, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bank recommendations

I use HSBC as my main Oz bank, they do an adequate job but their are few branches except in the capital cities but you can access third party ATM free of charge.
HSBC has a branch in SA which would be able to set up an account for you in Oz with internet access to transfer funds into.

BUT you might not be able to transfer funds out of it until you prove your identity actually in Oz.

Most of the big UK banks have arrangements with one of the major Oz banks and could do the same (Barclays ties with Westpac).
Old Mar 4th 2017, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I am also with HSBC. Worth it for instant international transactions and access but you will need a Premier account to see those benefits.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2017, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Commbank worked for us and still does.

We used exchange4free to transfer funds from South Africa. They were good. Also used them to transfer funds from the UK when we sold out house there too.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 9:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Comm Bank worked well for us too. Paid money in regularly from the UK, only thing was we couldn't remove any until we were here but that wasn't a problem for us.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Comm Bank worked well for us too. Paid money in regularly from the UK, only thing was we couldn't remove any until we were here but that wasn't a problem for us.
Thanks for the advice, ive made an enquiry with them
Old Mar 10th 2017, 7:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marcman
Hi All,

First post in sometime, however back with vengeance

I been doing allot of internet site research and for the love of google, its been more frustrating and I've now hit an information overload and wonder if someone can please assist.

What i need is in preparation for my move to the land down under later this year, i wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations on opening a bank account from abroad. (Currently UK account with me being based in South Africa)

I'm interested in the following:
Having access to the account before i move to start moving funds to, generate interest etc. Internet and mobile app banking is a must When i sell my property for the funds to also be loaded into this account (not sure on the limitations etc on this)

As said, recommendations are welcome to ease my google love

Thanks
Marc
We bank with HSBC, ANZ and Bankwest. All work out well for us and we don't pay any fees

I'm in the middle of moving our offset mortgage to ING Direct, which also seems to get a lot of positive feedback
Old Mar 10th 2017, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

I use Westpac, but that's because it has ties with Barclays (my U.K. account) and DBS (my Singapore one). Free cash withdrawals at ATMs in all 3 countries, but bloody little else in terms of benefits really.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xizzles
I use Westpac, but that's because it has ties with Barclays (my U.K. account)
You don't need to bank with Westpac to use your Barclaycard at Westpac to withdraw money as I'm with HSBC and use Westpac to withdraw money from Barclays. You can also use Westpac ATM free with your HSBC card (because HSBC ATM are few and far between in Oz).
Old Mar 13th 2017, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
You don't need to bank with Westpac to use your Barclaycard at Westpac to withdraw money as I'm with HSBC and use Westpac to withdraw money from Barclays. You can also use Westpac ATM free with your HSBC card (because HSBC ATM are few and far between in Oz).
Indeed.

You can use the following fee free with a HSBC card.

HSBC.
Westpac.
St.George.
BankSA.
Bank of Melbourne.