Bank question?

Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of
Smile Bank question?

Can anyone tell me what bank it was that charge one fee per month for all transactions.I know some charge per transaction .Thank you
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:15 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: Bank question?

Originally Posted by upthehammers
Can anyone tell me what bank it was that charge one fee per month for all transactions.I know some charge per transaction .Thank you

Not sure which bank you are after but we bank with HSBC and don't pay any fees!!! Well worth looking into and you can get your acct sorted and opened whilst still in the UK ready for use when you get "Down Under".

Lorraine
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

ANZ charge $5 a month but I don't think this is for unlimited transactions. Could be wrong though
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teliko21
ANZ charge $5 a month but I don't think this is for unlimited transactions. Could be wrong though
Thanks i will go onto the website.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:28 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Most banks will charge a fee unless you have X amount in the account at any one time [varies depending which bank ], and then the fee is waivered.

It's worth shopping around, even go speak to the banks as quite often they have a package that suits your individual needs best.

Banks are a business like any other.

Nowt's "free" at the end of the day
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teliko21
So do Westpac. But you have to have a balance of $2,000 in the account at any one time.

We're with HSBC and the same applies
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:57 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
So do Westpac. But you have to have a balance of $2,000 in the account at any one time.

We're with HSBC and the same applies
No it doesn't - it just means that for each day you have les than $2000 in the account the interest rate is miniscule. You still get interest, and pay no fees.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 10:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wol
No it doesn't - it just means that for each day you have les than $2000 in the account the interest rate is miniscule. You still get interest, and pay no fees.
Which bank?

I was talking about Westpac.

Westpac one account = $5 fee per month unless you have $2000 in the account and then the fee is waivered.

The same principle applies for the HSBC account.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 10:05 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Which bank?

I was talking about Westpac.

Westpac one account = $5 fee per month unless you have $2000 in the account and then the fee is waivered.

The same principle applies for the HSBC account.
No it does not!

HSBC does not charge a fee - unless you go over a very reasonable no. of transactions - whatever your positive account amount. I am talking about the online savings account, BTW, which is exactly like a current account in all but words: it has a cheque book, debit card etc.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:08 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by upthehammers
I posted a thread recently to try and collate some info before we changed banks from the very expensive Commonwealth Bank. The result of all the info received was I opened two accounts with the National Bank (www.national.com.au) Seems an excellent bank from the staff I have encountered thus far.

We opened a Smart Saver account $3 per month, with unlimited EFTPOS and ATM transactions, which suits us perfectly.

We also linked it to an I Saver account (5.45% interest calculated daily) The good thing about this account is it has no minimum balance required to get your 5.45% so we simply keep all our dosh in there, then transfer it via the net to the other account if we know we need some money for anything.

$3 a month for everything we need from a bank, at the Commonwealth we were paying around $20 a month and had to keep a balance of over $5000 to earn the higher rate of interest in our second account. It was an easy choice to make.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wol
No it does not!

HSBC does not charge a fee - unless you go over a very reasonable no. of transactions - whatever your positive account amount. I am talking about the online savings account, BTW, which is exactly like a current account in all but words: it has a cheque book, debit card etc.
I agree with you Wol.

I bank with HSBC and pay NO bank charges that is why we choose them.

I set the account up before I left the UK and collected the cheque books, ATM cards the day I arrived in Brisbane. I cannot fault the service from them.

Shell
Old Apr 5th 2006, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Suncorp and St George do aswell
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wol
No it does not!

So then what you have is not an unlimited transaction account.

It sounds like you have a SAVINGS account, which is online. Which is not quite the same thing I was talking about. But thanks for the clarification.

I was talking about my TRANSACTION account.

So contradicting my post is pretty pointless as you are matching apples with pears

If there is anyone on here that gets absolutely free banking with no strings attached, i.e no minimum deposits required, unlimited free transactions, no monthly fee and a good rate of interest for any money that's in there, .....then please tell.

Oh, I'm not talking about a savings account where you keep money in there earning shite interest cos you use it as a transaction account either.

I put my savings in a high interest savings account.

I put my everyday money in a transaction account.

And I keep just enough in the transaction account to not to have to pay a fee.

There's the difference.

Last edited by phoenixinoz; Apr 5th 2006 at 10:55 am.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We bank with the Commonwealth Bank and only pay $5 per month account keeping fee as we never exceed the allowed number of withdrawals a month. We have just opened a high interest savings account and yes you have to keep $5000 in there to get this interest but it will stop me from spending it!!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mand8002
We bank with the Commonwealth Bank and only pay $5 per month account keeping fee as we never exceed the allowed number of withdrawals a month. We have just opened a high interest savings account and yes you have to keep $5000 in there to get this interest but it will stop me from spending it!!
EXACTLY Mand....and that's the same principle as me.

You have a transaction account....and a savings account.

Both for different purposes [low fee transaction account, high interest savings account].

With my transaction account though, the monthly fee is waivered if I have $2000 in the account.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.