Bank A/c ?

Old Nov 9th 2003, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

AussieVGopal is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Bank A/c ?

Hi all
I have seen mostly people are opting for HSBC online account as it offers no monthly charges. How come people are not talking about ANZ Access Select What is the catch here with ANZ a/c?
TIA
VG
Old Nov 9th 2003, 12:02 pm
cob
Just Joined

cob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank A/c ?

Originally posted by AussieVGopal
Hi all
I have seen mostly people are opting for HSBC online account as it offers no monthly charges. How come people are not talking about ANZ Access Select What is the catch here with ANZ a/c?
TIA
VG
Hi VG
No catch with the account but it is very easy to go over the 6 transations per month. The eftpos (think thats it) is so easy to use you tend to not carry a lot of cash around with you. ANZ also do an account where you pay $5 per month for unlimited transations.
Hope this helps
Cob
Old Nov 9th 2003, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank A/c ?

Originally posted by AussieVGopal
Hi all
TIA
VG

I don't know about the HSBC a/c but looking at the ANZ it only offers SIX withdrawals a month. I take it this wouldn't be your everyday a/c that you would use to withdraw cash or pay for goods in shops, etc?

Cheques book facility is optional - but you will have to pay for the privilege of having a cheque book (and cheques are rare in Oz)
Old Nov 9th 2003, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

There is also no interest on this account - which to me means it would serve no purpose as being a savings account, nor would it be suitable as an everyday account.
Old Nov 9th 2003, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Might get my act together shortly and put everything I want to say in one post!!!

Anyway, just wanted to add that I have a Comm Bank account, no limits on withdrawals and NO monthly fees. ( I think this may be something to do with how much money I deposited with them when I emigrated - so you probably need to ask (the web site just says "fees MAY apply to this account")

http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/...ction/CMCA.asp

I opened it with the London branch of Comm Bank whilst still in the UK - all transfers to Oz were really simple. ATM/EFTPOS cards were ready to collect the day I arrived in Oz. Comm Bank Credit cards were ordered the day I arrived in Oz - no credit history or fixed address required.

http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/...oaustralia.asp