which bank?

Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:17 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which bank?

want to open a bank account before we emigrate.
can any of you brissie residents tell me which bank has the largest presence in brisbane?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:40 am
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: which bank?

Originally Posted by kporte
want to open a bank account before we emigrate.
can any of you brissie residents tell me which bank has the largest presence in brisbane?
There are heaps of threads on this if you do a search...

If you want to use the account before you arrive you have only one choice...HSBC, we did that and they have been excellent, offer good interest rates and minimal charges....however in terms of "presence" assuming you mean branches there is only one in Brisbane but you can do all your basic banking via post office counters, but to be honest there is not need as everything is electronic.

Suncorp would be the biggest Brissie bank I would say....but all others will hold your account and cards until you arrive....

Search threads for heaps more info...

Ray