Bananas

Old Sep 15th 2011, 11:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bananas

Couldn't resist any longer

They are now down to $8-10 a kilo locally so we have started to buy a few

Still expensive but sometimes you just have to pay it.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bananas

but what's the price of lettuce
Old Sep 16th 2011, 12:01 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Couldn't resist any longer

They are now down to $8-10 a kilo locally so we have started to buy a few

Still expensive but sometimes you just have to pay it.
It would be nice if you knew that the reason the higher pricer was because the farmer was getting the extra money and not Coles/Woolies. Some how I dont think so.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I caved and bought 3 the other day - felt as if I was buying a luxury item!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 12:17 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I'm making do with these for now ...

Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
It would be nice if you knew that the reason the higher pricer was because the farmer was getting the extra money and not Coles/Woolies. Some how I dont think so.
Prices are high because the government wouldn't allow any imports after the crop was wiped out. Hence the price rocketed. Last week in Coles they were $12 a kilo and I'll be buggered if I will pay that - there hasn't been a banana in the house now for months.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:48 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

we bought some for $9 a kilo, my precious!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

We've been buying them in moderation for a while now - my 4 year old was worried we were poor!

They've been $7.90/kg in Wanneroo markets recently, so we're buying more.

As someone said, you'd treat yourself to a bar of chocolate so why not a banana? (And that thought has cost me a bomb in bananas..........)
Old Sep 16th 2011, 2:05 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

90% of the Australian bananas taste ghastly anyway, so it's been no problem avoiding paying ridiculous amounts for them.

Just *why* they are so awful I can't work out. It could be the variety that's grown here or the soil conditions but if they allowed say Dole imports and allowed the proletariat to taste decent bananas the Australian varieties would cease to exist. There, Ive answered my own question
Old Sep 16th 2011, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

We got the kids some as a treat the other day, they are shit - wish we never gave in to the screams of BANANA BANANA BANANAS Pleeeeeaaasssseeee
Small tasteless and way over priced still.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

fromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nice

I ate bananas every day until firstly, I realised that they attracted bloody mossies and secondly, the price was too expensive. Now I buy more beer and have reduced the amount of bites, or is that because of Winter
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:46 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I found some at Farmer Jacks in Greenwood (Perth) for $5.99 a kilo last week. They were only small but solo pool nice after not having one for months and months
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of weeks ago Spud Shed had them at $5 a kilo, but limited to 2 kg per customer...

I put it on FB.... Didnt I mention it on here too?

Sorry if I didnt....
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

$5.99 a kilo at Wanneroo Road (between Drovers and Hester Road) today.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always surprised at the amount of people I see still buying them when they are that price! Last week saw a lady in my local woolies put 6 of them in her basket more money than sense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.