Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:12 am
Xbrit_aussie_USApermres

Xbrit_aussie_USApermres is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Hi Jill (and Warren)
I'm a newbie here but have been reading your posts for a few days, FROM THE BEGINNING!!! You are a hoot! I'm not sure I should have posted right here but forgive me if i've buggered up.
As I started to read I sensed the pommie humour right from the start and thought bl**dy H, these guys are funny! It's just as well we can laff or it would be bedlam!
This is de jevoux! Did i spell that right?
So.....anyway, I'm a born pom from Newcastle, migrated to Australia with my parents waaaaaaaaay back when I was kneehigh and grew up a few times, met an American, married him and ended up in the USA. We're still here now but are in the process of going back to good ol downunder! IS there any other place?????
I know what it's like to have to go through the separation and all that as while the kids and I were waiting for our US Visa's, hubby took off to the States to finish a bit of house renovating and complete a computer course he'd started before he came to Aus. TEN LONG GRUELLING MONTHS! Yes webcams come in handy! Now now be nice! Tell you what though.....he left me behind to pack and sell our house! So Warren I know what that's like....."we've sold the house....no we haven't.....yes we have..... no we haven't."
Finally it all comes to and end and then I have to travel with three kids by myself on a stinkin Air NZ plane for hours on end. Well in a nutshell we've had enough of it here and are turning around to head home. Hubby's application has only been at DIMIA for a few weeks but it seems like forever! We are hoping it's not going to be like the INS and all their gruelling! That's another story!! It's no wonder I drink

Anyway just wanted to say Hi (and Hi to all your followers too), Keep up the sense of humour, I love it. Oh one thing though is we didnt have a puppy to clean up after, think three kids is enough, but on our return to Aus we'll have a dog who is migrating too. I wonder if Aussie dogs will note the American bark! or is that baRRk!!

ta ta for now. If i've posted in the wrong spot i'm sure you'll tell me!
El
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:00 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Hey Jill,
Another fab post. You should call the diary "The Daily Fix". I have to log on everyday to see what you have all been up to. Enjoy your day of pampering as you deserve it. Hope Midge's head is ok. Keep posting.
Best Wishes
Sarah
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:16 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Warning Chauvanistic statement !!

Don't you just love it when "they" admit that they were wrong and we were right !! see above

Warren
Don't gloat too much Warren the payments are "means tested" you could find yourself paying all the cash back next July. Case of she who laughs last and all that
We didn't register for the first 4 months as we were unsure of our joint earning potential.

Have a look here

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...l_how_ftba.htm

http://moneymanager.smh.com.au/artic...917621201.html
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:00 am
Go Banana's !!

25th Aug

mmmm........today's pampering was intresting?? nei bizaaaaaaar, come on to that later.

Dropped the car off at the tinting place and had quite a walk back to the Gallaria, looked like a bag of rags when I finally got on dry land. Decided I looked a hag and promply bought myself a fetching top and zipper cardy and bundled my attractive? rain coat into my bag. Before certain posters yell at me for spending again, both items only cost me $30, which is just less than 15 squid, OOooo then I really went mad and bought a Swatch watch $70.

Now we come to the really sad bit, I sat with a maccas breakfast doodling the logo for our T-shirts. I'm crap at drawing, but think the girls should get the idea and if they like it, someone who CAN draw, will turn it into something decent. Anyway it's an idea to throw into the pot. When I first mentioned the idea of T-shirts I thought the girls would think I was mad or a bit daft or both, they probably think that anyway, but I am so glad that I have found friends who like that sort of thing, the logo knickers are next!!!

I was sat in The Gallaria visibly laughing to myself about Siren's now catch phrase 'all you need is a pole and someone who knows what they are doing' I was cracking up all on my own and getting some right funny looks

Now we get to the bizaar bit. Went to the nail place to get some acrylics put on (was going for gel ones, but they said they would be to bendy for me) and all of the staff in there, bar one, were blokes :scared: Found that really funny and a bit wierd. Couldn't have a girlie goss, might have if they had appeared gay, but seemed fairly straight. So it wasn't the pampering experience I had hopped for.

Then had lunch and worked on my doodle. Then it was off to my facial.

I lay there feeling quite sad, 'cos John Lewis Clarins Room it was not. It was great value for money - included a hand, back, shoulder, neck massage and my feet :scared: and then they did me a full make up. All for $75 , that would have cost me 75 squid back in the UK. But it was quite a rough facial and used tecniques that were in exsistance 10 years ago. Don't think they have quite got up to date with current Clarins practises. Found myself lying there thinking 'They have done that wrong etc..........' I know I'm a fussy bint, just need to find somewhere a bit more luxurious, 'cos that's half the fun. Still in the end had a great giggle to myself. Just off to hunt on the net for Clarins studios.

Still haven't made the offer on the land as Warren had to sign some bits and there was a prob with the fax, but will be sorted the morrow.

My tram trip is cancelled cos the daughter of the cuz I was going with is in hospital.

Having a really early night tonight as the dog howled through most of last night, as he wasn't too impressed by the weather.

Looking forward to Friday
Jill

Old Aug 25th 2004, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

will we recognise you on Friday???? go girl for the t-shirts and matching knickers, shall we get bulk load sent over from M & S!!!

it is also our mission now to find a decent spa for pampering, have seen one in city, will have to check it out

Teresa x
Old Aug 25th 2004, 12:15 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

25th Aug

Now we come to the really sad bit, I sat with a maccas breakfast doodling the logo for our T-shirts. I'm crap at drawing, but think the girls should get the idea and if they like it, someone who CAN draw, will turn it into something decent. Anyway it's an idea to throw into the pot. When I first mentioned the idea of T-shirts I thought the girls would think I was mad or a bit daft or both, they probably think that anyway, but I am so glad that I have found friends who like that sort of thing, the logo knickers are next!!!

Jill
OMG! :scared: You were serious about the t-shirts!??!!!!! :scared:

Oh yeah, how wierd, guys who do nails! Oh well, if they can...

Oh, well done on the clothes, I'm very proud of you!
Oh, that Swatch wasn't expensive either! I'm not really into brands, but Swatches sometimes have some cool designs! Was it on sale?

Seeya Friday!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:06 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

How about this Jill? Just for starters of course.....
Attached Thumbnails The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.-jill.jpg  
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:08 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh.... I DO have way to much time on my hands!

Siren
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:10 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Siren,

That design is just soooooo fab!!! Love it! Can't wait to meet you gals at the saucy party! It's gonna be soooo much fun I just know it :wink: !!

Colleen
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:26 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren
How about this Jill? Just for starters of course.....

You lot are just sooooooo bad !! But I like it.

Whate a bloody fantastic drawing Christine - obviously a mis-spent youth in life !!

Best wishes

Warren

Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:27 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swifts
will we recognise you on Friday???? go girl for the t-shirts and matching knickers, shall we get bulk load sent over from M & S!!!
Well we could get them from M&S, or alternatively we have your saucy party coming up ....... :scared:
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:31 am
Go Banana's !!

26th Aug

Oh Siren that's fantastic, far better than my pathetic effort, you'll crack up when you see it!! But spooky as I have also done the lady on the pole as a letter 'P'.

Thought about other stuff too but will leave that 'til Friday

Now all we need to find is a t-shirt shop in Perth that can accomodate us , we are so going to giggle, hope they are ready for it..

Tereasa, will you come and have a David Jones fix with me? need it desparado!

Not much happeneing today apart from 'project banana house' - but that's boring to read, but fun to do.

See you all Friday
Jill x

Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:30 pm
Go Banana's !!

25th Aug

I see I don't get any messages left when it's a dull day.
Bet your bottom dollar when the Pole Dancing Classes start the posts will come thick and fast

Jill

Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Just to leave you a message, hello to you, Imogen and Smudge!
rach x
Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:48 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

25th Aug

I see I don't get any messages left when it's a dull day.
Bet your bottom dollar when the Pole Dancing Classes start the posts will come thick and fast :-p :-p

Jill
I've been thinking about this, cos you're getting less and less replies.
I think, people are still reading, and enjoying very much, but don't really post, cos don't know what to say(like there's only so many times you can post 'lol' or 'thanks' etc.
So, just keep going(I know, you were, but still), as I'm quite sure there's still LOTS of people reading them and enjoying them!

But, yes, I expect some more replies after friday, and esp next Saturday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.