balti and beer

Old May 4th 2004, 3:06 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default balti and beer

anyone know anywhere in brisbane you can get either cobra beer or kingfisher beer??
Old May 4th 2004, 3:40 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: balti and beer

Originally posted by brisnick
anyone know anywhere in brisbane you can get either cobra beer or kingfisher beer??
Have you tried asking in your local Indian restaurant for where they get them, they would probably point you in the right direction.

Old May 4th 2004, 5:26 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

sadly, most curry places i know are byo, so don't sell it!

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Have you tried asking in your local Indian restaurant for where they get them, they would probably point you in the right direction.
Old May 4th 2004, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

The last time I had a curry in the east end of London, I was horrified to learn that they now brew Cobra in the UK.
Old May 4th 2004, 5:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by dracupg
The last time I had a curry in the east end of London, I was horrified to learn that they now brew Cobra in the UK.
Don't they brew Fosters there as well ?

Old May 4th 2004, 5:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Kemmenys in Bondi probably sells them but that ain't much use to a Brisvegan.
Old May 4th 2004, 5:54 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by bondipom
Kemmenys in Bondi probably sells them but that ain't much use to a Brisvegan.
Depends on how desperate he is

How much would the postage cost ?

Old May 4th 2004, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, but there was a certain mystique about going into an Indian restaurant and getting authentic Indian brewed beer. Added to the whole curry experience.

In fact there are very few beers available in the UK that aren’t brewed there - Becks, Nastro, and that Mexican crap that I can’t remember the name of, are the only ones that spring to mind, but I am sure there must be more. Even the hallowed Heineken is brewed in the UK now.

Sad days.
Old May 4th 2004, 6:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by brisnick
Whereabouts are you ?
If this is near you give them a call:
Alexander Hills Hotel, Near Cleveland, QLD
Bottleshop 07 3824 4444

They carry a good range and may know how to get it, if they don't have it.

Old May 4th 2004, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by dracupg
Yes, but there was a certain mystique about going into an Indian restaurant and getting authentic Indian brewed beer. Added to the whole curry experience.

In fact there are very few beers available in the UK that aren’t brewed there - Becks, Nastro, and that Mexican crap that I can’t remember the name of, are the only ones that spring to mind, but I am sure there must be more. Even the hallowed Heineken is brewed in the UK now.

Sad days.
The mexican crap was called Sol I believe.

Its only good point was the fact it was trendy to open the bottle, then plug it back up again with a hunk of lime before anyone was tempted to drink the stuff
Old May 4th 2004, 7:30 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Trevglas
The mexican crap was called Sol I believe.

Its only good point was the fact it was trendy to open the bottle, then plug it back up again with a hunk of lime before anyone was tempted to drink the stuff
Still better than New or VB. I believe Becks unique selling point is that it is always Brewed in Germany but other than that loads of beers do seem to be brewed in the UK and claim to be foreign..
Old May 4th 2004, 8:45 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Don't they brew Fosters there as well ?
Also in Germany!!

sorry, off topic
Old May 4th 2004, 8:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Simone82
Also in Germany!!

sorry, off topic
Whilst of topic Grolsh is good, but a bit expensive here.

Old May 4th 2004, 8:58 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst of topic Grolsh is good, but a bit expensive here.
It's very popular here (esp here in the east where it's brewed)
Didn't know you could get it in Oz, I knew Heineken..

Grolsch has just got a new factory. The old one was in the centre of a city sort of, in the same area as the Fireworks factory/storage that blew up and killed 22 people, injured 1000, and flattened a whole 'suburb'.
I heard that was even on the news in Oz (a few years ago already, May).
They still haven't worked out what happenend yet!!

OK, now truly going off topic
Old May 4th 2004, 9:12 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get Kingfisher in most of the Indian Restaurants in Perth if that helps what with the flight over and all it would be rather an expensive beer though!

There is a bottleshop in Freo that sells Cobra so you could kill two birds with one trip......

Whilst on the subject anyone in Perth no where you can get a proper Indian Curry ? (like an English Indian curry ) weve sampled about 6 or 7 restaurants over here and non of them even come close to the worst english indian ive had.....
it seems to be choose a meat and pick a colour, flavour is irrelevant .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.