Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Balance of family

Balance of family

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:22 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Balance of family

Originally Posted by Wendy
Here's a table for the parent visa http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...nce-family.htm

It says: The table below gives some examples of families with different numbers of children. It shows how the location of the children's permanent residence affects the balance of family test.
It says also the Number of children living in Australia, and the Number of children living in other countries.

I'd say if one is deceased how can they be "living" anywhere So no, I doubt they would be counted for the BOF test

Hi Wendy thanks for the link but the table seems flawed to me! What about people with 3 children, 2 of whom live in Australia, they don't seem to figure at all!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Hi Wendy thanks for the link but the table seems flawed to me! What about people with 3 children, 2 of whom live in Australia, they don't seem to figure at all!

Not the best table is it

No mathematician but I think that 2 in Aus and 1 in UK would mean a positive balance in favour of Aus

Provided that none of em are dead :scared:
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:28 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Not the best table is it

No mathematician but I think that 2 in Aus and 1 in UK would mean a positive balance in favour of Aus

I just presumed that would be the case.

I thought we had decided that they still counted even if they had shuffled off their mortal coil years ago!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Not the best table is it

Especially if the dead ones are in Australia
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Hi sorry for jumping in on your thread,but I have questions to ask for my half sister as well on the BOF,I am from a mixed family,there is mum and 6 half brothers and sisters in australia.

One full brother ,one son,stepmum and step brothers,4 in the uk,what are the chances of getting in for my half sister? Father dead in UK.No spouse or partner .Over 45,no skills, but still got own teeth and hair LOL.
Cheers,
Lorri
PS just read this back and if you can work it out you are better than me.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:58 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Hi sorry for jumping in on your thread,but I have questions to ask for my half sister as well on the BOF,I am from a mixed family,there is mum and 6 half brothers and sisters in australia.

One full brother ,one son,stepmum and step brothers,4 in the uk,what are the chances of getting in for my half sister? Father dead in UK.No spouse or partner .Over 45,no skills, but still got own teeth and hair LOL.
Cheers,
Lorri

Go Wendy, Go Wendy, Go (Wendy sits down with pencil and paper, mmmmh)!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Go Wendy, Go Wendy, Go (Wendy sits down with pencil and paper, mmmmh)!

Nah, that's baffled me
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:12 am
Just Joined

robkerr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katsmajic
On this note...do the siblings have to be communicating?
My bro is on his way to Sydney, were aiming for Adelaide, we do not get on with each other, and my mum has nothing to do with him either, we really want to try to get her over to Adelaide once we have settled, (she wants to come, we're not dragging her as a babysitter ) as she would have 2 out of 3 children in OZ would she qualify? Even though she wont have contact with her son?
TIA Kat xxx
Thank you for your replies I suppose my chances of going to oz are over, I tried going as a skilled worker, i am a refrigeration engineer, but at 55 i am too old. I can only pray my son or other daughter decide to emigrate i've got to get out of this place. I just find it strange that theoretically you can have 3 children,2 in OZ and 1 in the UK and even if you have no contact whatsoever with the 2 in OZ you can be allowed in and yet my wife and I, who are very comfortable with our kids if you can still call them that, have no chance and being too opld at 55 is just rubbing salt in the wound, but thanks anyway.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:13 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Wendy
Nah, that's baffled me
Dear Wendy

I am a Swede with a Lithuanian father and Norwegian mother, I have four brothers (Dad was a sailor and Mum had a job in the docks but she has always been a little unspecific about it), my brothers are Latvian, Estonian, Moldovian and Croatian. I have two sisters, one from Finland and one from Iceland. All live in their birth countries.

I have a cattle dog, a budgie and cockatoo, they are all Australian but none have passports or visas to prove this but they have relocated back to NSW. Will I pass the balance of family test?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dear Wendy

I am a Swede with a Lithuanian father and Norwegian mother, I have four brothers (Dad was a sailor and Mum had a job in the docks but she has always been a little unspecific about it), my brothers are Latvian, Estonian, Moldovian and Croatian. I have two sisters, one from Finland and one from Iceland. All live in their birth countries.

I have a cattle dog, a budgie and cockatoo, they are all Australian but none have passports or visas to prove this but they have relocated back to NSW. Will I pass the balance of family test?

I don't know, just come anyway
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Hi sorry for jumping in on your thread,but I have questions to ask for my half sister as well on the BOF,I am from a mixed family,there is mum and 7 half brothers and sisters in australia.

Cheers,
Lorri
Come on guys,see if you can work it out for me,not joking about it,i even left the half brothers and sister ,step sister from my dads second marriage
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

robkerr is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on guys,see if you can work it out for me,not joking about it,i even left the half brothers and sister ,step sister from my dads second marriage
Sorry supersonic4 I thought this was a serious forum, wont bother you again
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robkerr
Sorry supersonic4 I thought this was a serious forum, wont bother you again
Well I hate to inform you it is a valid question on behalf of my sister.If you like I can give you all the names dates of birth family photo's ,get off your high horse,some people do have large extended families,Mum married 3 times:
Marriage 1. 1boy one girl
Marriage 2.3girls 1 boy
Marriage 3.1 boy
Dad marriage 2.1 step daugther.one set of twins ,boy and girl,1 boy.
Then there is sisters fathers marriage number 2 with step sisters and brothers.
Lorri
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Re dead people - clearly they are not alive ( ?!) but by their absence they could surely tip a balance of family from one country to another?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:47 pm
A rather curious boy

Well I hate to inform you it is a valid question on behalf of my sister.If you like I can give you all the names dates of birth family photo's ,get off your high horse,some people do have large extended families,Mum married 3 times:
Marriage 1. 1boy one girl
Marriage 2.3girls 1 boy
Marriage 3.1 boy
Dad marriage 2.1 step daugther.one set of twins ,boy and girl,1 boy.
Then there is sisters fathers marriage number 2 with step sisters and brothers.
Lorri
What are you two beefing on about. It was me having a little hearted joke with my pal Wendy. Gee, I know it's a serious forum (ish), we have to be nice (ish)...(stay on longer, you will see what I mean)!! There are plenty justifiable people to get at but not each other please!!!

Rob - I don't think that unless one of your two offspring gets sponsored (by you in two years time)? or gets a skilled visa, that you will be able to bring them across. If you got one across then you could maybe/probably go for the balance of family.

Lorri - I am still confused, are all of these people including your parents still in Australia?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.