Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Badgers "welcome to your new home" card

Badgers "welcome to your new home" card

Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Badgers "welcome to your new home" card

Well he's finally flown the nest and moved onto pastures new. (phew ) I will let Badge fill you in on all the details, but right now he is in that headless chicken stage of moving into unfurnished accomodation, loosing what megre posessions he does have and racing round for interviews!
He called in earlier for his suits and a dooner cos its cold here and, believe it or not he seemed a bit down:scared: :scared:
( I am gonna be so dead for this!)

Now, this was worrying as we all know our Badge and if he gets down, it WILL happen to anyone of us right?

So i thought we could do him a virtual card, like we did for Pollys wedding, to suprise him when he gets a mo and gets his laptop set up!

So imagine theres a card here, ok?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Badge!!

All the best in your new home mate! Looking forward to coming round for that meal soon
Lots of love Hevs (and the gees!)
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:56 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Bomb it before you move in. Might get rid of whinging pommie cockroaches. More importantly what does the IT employment market feel like in Mexico?

Good luck.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Bomb it before you move in. Might get rid of whinging pommie cockroaches.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 3:09 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hevs
Bug bomb. The best moment to bug bomb is before you get any of your stuff in there. The insect carnage is incredible.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 3:13 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Get orf my land!!!

Oh hang on you already have

No but seriously hope you enjoy it, if your feeling down were only a short jog up the road. We could actually combine your yearning for exercise and ours for junk food. You could be our local jogging junk food delivery boy. Can you bring us up some charcoal chicken on Friday night .

Hope its going well see you soon.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 5:13 am
WBB

best of luck with the new home badge, don't let things drag you down mate.

you should be enjoying whatever time you have left before mrs B turns up and starts putting the female touch on the place, putting the toilet seat down etc

are you having a house warming party?

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

Old Feb 11th 2004, 5:59 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

good luck in your new place Badge!!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Every Happiness in your new abode and start putting the stubby tops in the bin NOW!!! You know it makes sense.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Badge - hope you enjoy the new feeling of space! Remember it doesn't feel like home 'till you had a good party, so get the stubbies in!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Badger! All you need is a beer fridge, a tv and a chair; sort the rest when Kiki gets here!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Good Luck in your new home Badger.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:13 am
Badge

Thanks Hev,

The reality is that I miss your mother. We used to have some right old sparring sessions eg.

1) how to make an omelette (add more milk Badge)
2) how to get a job
3) how to drive fast (she does 80 in a 60)
3a) how to take delivery of a carpet - (tell the assistant to 'shut mouth, engage brain, use ears')
4) how to blow up an airbed - she brought the house down when she said 'do you want some relief?'
5) how to make shag bol - I had it all nice and sphag bolly but she added a kilogram of cornflower and ketchup...
and most people love my sphag bol
6) her insistence that the wall 'was' straight

Taking occupancy of the house and unpacking has coincided with 2 agency interviews in the CBD. I had to find suits, cufflinks, ties. (panic)

I didn't buy a mattress (not enough time, couldn't be arsed) so I woke up this morning in my doss bag on the floor of the 2nd bed/TV room (the main bedroom is being saved for the time being and the 3rd bedroom is officially Mrs B's dressing room), to a freezing cold rainy day and didn't even have the solace of
raiding Hev and HUP's biccy tin.

So tomorrow it is
1) TV and surround system - Mrs B HAS approved budget
2) mattress (it will go in the spare room when our bed arrives from UK)

So HUP and Hevs, come and see me tomorrow night. BYO biccies.

We'ved mesured the run to Hevs and HUPs' and back at 9k which is a perfect route.

BP. The job situation is exciting, all the agencies say the big blue chips are looking for people with my skill sets with enough experience, and with a nice corporate background - which all their candidates don't have (there's not many people with my skill sets with more than a few years exp it seems, it seems they are either dot boomers, or too young, or all they want to do is sit in the corner etc etc).

My name is being put to big names and the money looks good. Fingers crossed. They also had suggestions to aussy my CV - eg. don't worry about it being 4-5 pages, mine is just 2.

Badge

Last edited by badgersmount; Feb 11th 2004 at 9:17 am.

Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:18 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Have fun in your new home Badge - hope everything settles in soon and that the biccie emergency services come through for you.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Badgersmount..

Good luck in your new accommodation and I expect an invite to ya party... Make it late March onwards then the BooBoo,s can come along...

Cheers
booboo
Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:48 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in your new home Badge......make the most of being a slob before the Mrs gets there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.