Badgers

Old Jun 1st 2003, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

mungo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Badgers

An earlier quote from Badgermount

"I like the way in Australia there is still a bit of a tall poppy "can't be up your self" syndrome."

Are you sure you fit in??
A selection of Badgerisms form the past -

" spent a lot of time out back last year and loved the fact that one minute I could be flying my plane, working on a cattle station and or driving trucks in WA."
"This is the essence of Australia - you either "get" it or you don't. I get it. "
"What does this signal to me - that I must be laid back, gregarious, happy go lucky, articulate - a good bloke."
"i've even had the post office queue chatting when i get everyone laughing..it's amazing - a wisecrack a few days ago had the whole queue talking ...made me feel good anyhow"
"i say G'day to a girl at the sandwich counter every day, ask her how her day is going, and i can tell it makes her day. she perks up when i come in. "
"it so happens that i am the kind of bloke that can turn his hand to many things -"
"now when i was mustering cattle in Queensland"
" and drilling out in the 40 degree WA bush - like to see 90pc of expats do that "
"I earnt the respect of Australians all over the country and got invited back again , again and again. "
"I made appearances for rugby sides who hadn't even seen me play; I was offered jobs - I wasn't the "whinging pom".
"I've served in the forces so can talk about reality, and pride, and teamwork etc"
"Have you ever parachuted out of a low level aeroplane at less than 200metres with 100kg strapped to you?"
" Have you ever run 20 miles carrying 22kg? Done anything which requires a bit of character? Real character."
"if i run in the Uk, it's always shouts and beep from cars etc..partly because i think i am fairly pacy - and always run with a 10kg rucksack..." any hand signals with the beeps??
" I think because he knew I had spirit and a determination. Some of the blokes he turned away had 30 kilos on me and seemingly more experience."
" I had been there 5 mins and got on like a house on fire with my cousin's mates - because I loved their culture and shared their interests in the kind of ways my cousin doesn't. "
"My view for success is to get on with being Australian and in Australia. I certainly did."
"anyone got any questions about culture in Aus, and worry whether or not they will fit it - fire them at me - cos I feel I really understand it over there."
"That was the day I realised I was 'Australian'!!!"
"i am only 11 stone and play wing and still use skill to get round full backs etc twice my size."
"when i played soccer I always had plenty of energy left, and felt I was just cruising"
"I scored 2 tries in 5 mins, and almost a hat trick for Luxembourg on my debut and loved the noise from the crowd when i run the length of the field. try of the season people were shouting!! "
" Will you like Aus or not - let me tell you "

Yer certainly entertaining, i'll give you that, mate!
Old Jun 1st 2003, 5:27 pm
Badge

Default Re: Badgers

it's a fair cop mungo....

oh well at least they like sportsmen over there!!

i'll try and keep 'em coming.

badgers " i just want my cake and eat it" mount

PS

one post from Mungo. I'll have to work out who it really is now, won't I!!

Last edited by badgersmount; Jun 1st 2003 at 5:31 pm.

Old Jun 1st 2003, 5:59 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

1 post from BB - said Badger's pic made posting his scraped arse pic unnecessary.

Cheers - Don
Old Jun 1st 2003, 7:07 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

I like most of badgers , badgerism.
he reminds me of an episode of Blackadder, the one with Tom Baker as the mad sea captain, "have you ever sailed around the hope in a boat made from a ladies purse"
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:40 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by paulf
he reminds me of an episode of Blackadder, the one with Tom Baker as the mad sea captain, "have you ever sailed around the hope in a boat made from a ladies purse"
Arghghghahghgh You have WOMANS hands me lord!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one mungo and well spotted. Is there a continent big enough to hold this guy.

E
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

LOL!! Nice one paulf.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 1:35 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Something makes me think you Poms doubt Badger "dun it". Well I dunno if he "dun it" or not or if he is "enlarging".

What I can say is that I've "dun it" or a variation thereof and I know lots that have as a normal course of things. Its typical of what you have to do in the bush.

I wonder about why Poms come to Aus to squat in the overcrowded suburbs. Is it because theres noone left who'll listen to your moaning about how dull your lives are?
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 3:14 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Arghghghahghgh Mega, you,ve been drinking your own urine again, BUT WAIT Arghghghahghgh whats that brown stuff coming outta yor mouth??:scared:
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:35 pm
Don
Banned

Arghghghahghgh Mega, you,ve been drinking your own urine again, BUT WAIT Arghghghahghgh whats that brown stuff coming outta yor mouth??:scared:
Well I deleted mine before it got deleted by a court trusty but now I've copied yours in my answer you can't delete my post!

How true though.

Cheers - Don
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:37 pm
?????????

Ah yes Don, your old Nemesis, MegaBollox,, hehe
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:40 pm
Don
Banned

But my arch-memesis is Bond, James Bond, or should that be Stalag Gestapo Überführer Schmidt, Stalag Gestapo ÜberfÜhrer Heinrich Schmidt.

Cheers - Don
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Badgers after meeting you at the Brighton meet I can vouch that you are a very nice guy and not full of b**** s***t at all. You are just full of enthusiasm about a country that appears to suit you down to the ground. It is hard to portray that bubbliness online and because you have 'been there and done that' some people do not like this fact.

Keep your enthusiam bounding and keep smiling!! I am sure lots of others enjoy reading your posts.

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
Badgers after meeting you at the Brighton meet I can vouch that you are a very nice guy and not full of b**** s***t at all. You are just full of enthusiasm about a country that appears to suit you down to the ground. It is hard to portray that bubbliness online and because you have 'been there and done that' some people do not like this fact.

Keep your enthusiam bounding and keep smiling!! I am sure lots of others enjoy reading your posts.

I too will vouch for Badgers being a really nice guy - Ignore the trolls mate - U just enjoy ure life

Uncle Tee

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:18 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Apparently, I have been known to mistakenly dine on the odd Pom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.