Wikiposts

It is bad news

Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default carrianne

Originally posted by Carrianne
Thanks Rach, I thought the visa process would be stressful and was ok with it, I just new, if you know what I mean, but we move on, we still have one note of interest who has not requested a survey yet, so they may just go with building society one, which hopefully will be better.

Carrianne x
Just to let you know that i'm thinking of you, we've still heard nothing from the TRA and i thought that was bad enough but the stress your'e going through is much tougher,
try and have a great weekend
love rach
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry about your news hopefully your time will come soon and someone will think your home is fantastic enough to buy

we are worrying as we have done the house up but have filled a huge crack that goes from the inside of the house to the outside, just cosmetic work but if the surveyor looks too closly then we are for it:scared:

arlene
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Carrianne, if its any help, the surveyor who came here still hasn't sent his report. Here with steam coming out of ears. Probably won't have any news till next week now. Good job I am working all weekend.

Whisky
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:26 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

[we are worrying as we have done the house up but have filled a huge crack that goes from the inside of the house to the outside, just cosmetic work but if the surveyor looks too closly then we are for it:scared:

arlene

crumbs, must remember never to buy a house from someone who is moving abroad!!!!!! (at least look for very thick, fresh paint!)

I hope you get your house sorted soon.......all the stress wont be good for you if you are trying to get pregnant!!

good luck

sue
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Thank you, it is appreciated people replying and supporting, I do really wish everyone the best of luck with everything.

Hubby has taken over the move now.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:05 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Carrianne Letting Hubby take over may be a bad move.

I have done all the viewings but last night Colin took the man and I chatted to the lady. We had finished and looked around twice and they were still talking. They eventually caught up with us 25 minutes later!!! OK in the daytime but not a good thing at night.

(However they did come back with an offer. Not enough but they also haven't got a completed chain so not acceptable anyway.) At least they showed their interest.

Good luck with you (and Hubby)

Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Yafm, you are having a bad time of it too.
Our luck has got to change soon.
Good luck.

Whisky
Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:17 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by whisky
Yafm, you are having a bad time of it too.
Our luck has got to change soon.
Good luck.

Whisky

Thanks Whisky but I am a fatalist and I am sure the problems mean that eventually you get the right one (buyer)

When we looked for a house 19 years ago we found a good one in a nice road and made an offer which was accepted We were then gazzumpted and furious. Went looking again and found this one. The new buyer on the first house exchanged and then the house burnt almost down it was his responsibility then. THEN the road became a cut through for the always getting heavier London bound traffic. So really he did us a favour.

I am sure we will all finally sell but must stopp tearing our hair out (bald ladies aren't pretty)
Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, always think that things happen for a reason. Just wish that we knew what the reason was before instead of after.
When we were waiting for the visas, I thought that if we were meant to go then the visas would be no problem.
Now its the house. If we are meant to go, the house will sell eventually.
Off to get my wig on.

Whisky
Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Whisky, Yvonne,

I too am a very big believer in fate and that you do somehow control it as in life you have choices, well everything is a choice.

I remember recieving an email from someone with a story, and the end saying "We are where God wants us to be" at any time.

I always listen to my gut instinct, as they will never let you down and too be honest, I knew when the guy did the second viewing that he would not live in this flat. I feel so much better now.

Just had a woman who came to see the falt yesterday roudn with a pal for a second viewing 5 mins ago.

So my fingers, toes, ears and knickers are crossed for me and for you all, hope my yoga helps... he he

Old Aug 29th 2003, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default eyes crossed

Originally posted by Carrianne
Whisky, Yvonne,

I too am a very big believer in fate and that you do somehow control it as in life you have choices, well everything is a choice.

I remember recieving an email from someone with a story, and the end saying "We are where God wants us to be" at any time.

I always listen to my gut instinct, as they will never let you down and too be honest, I knew when the guy did the second viewing that he would not live in this flat. I feel so much better now.

Just had a woman who came to see the falt yesterday roudn with a pal for a second viewing 5 mins ago.

So my fingers, toes, ears and knickers are crossed for me and for you all, hope my yoga helps... he he

hi carrianne
just to let you know that i have everything crossed for you even my eyes, although when i saw my mum this morning she said 'if the wind changes, i'll stay like that'! to which i replied 'if it helps Carrianne sell her flat then i don't care!!!'
best of luck with the second viewing
rach
Old Aug 29th 2003, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

We go with the fate option too. Things have always tended to work out fine in the end. There comes a point when you have to push so hard to make things happen that it seems it's not meant to happen. That said, we never give up without a fight.

After so much effort to get our old buyer's chain moving we finally gave up. The new buyer is keen, friendly and someone you'd actually like to sell your house to. Plus he's actually getting that elusive bridging finance so there's no chain! He's a solicitor so theres no reason the lawyers should muck about either.

We've just found out some info about building a house and are now thinking of building rather than buying. Something we would not have considered before as it seemed too expensive or complicated. So Mike says it's just as well we didn't go earlier or we would have overpaid to buy something existing. Fate again...

Good luck to everyone - we feel like we're seeing light at the end of tunnel finally and I'm sure everyone else will see it soon too.