Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

standard of living in Oz

standard of living in Oz

Old Aug 30th 2003, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

flynnplanet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default standard of living in Oz

I read somewhere recently that the wages that you need to live in sydney are 40% less than in London for the same standard of living. Is this true? cos i didn't think there was a standard of living in London, just existing

not everyone who wanders is lost
Old Aug 30th 2003, 12:44 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Lived in the outer suburbs of Sydney for 3 years. That is a lot cheaper but living in the centre is very expensive. House prices are way out of reach. There are trendy yuppie areas too that are very nice but expensive. Any where out of Sydney though is worth a look. But a word of warning there are some very rough areas outside of the City and are a no go area even for the police.