Bad Day

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:14 am
Professional Princess

Default Bad Day

When you're doing your various paperwork for your skills assessment, do any of you have days where you feel like its all not going to happen?

Was up till late doing TRA stuff last night, our chances aren't brill anyway, and I woke up this morning with a real cloud over my head.

I dont feel like my normal happy self at all actually.

Do any of you get days where you just need a hug cos it gets too much for you?

Because I sure am having one of them.

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bad Day

PP,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. I wish there was something I could do or say to make it better for you. I am sure you are not the only one that feels like you do through the process that you are going through. I am sure there are plenty on here that will know better than me what to say, as I havent been through the same.

I have sent you karma in lieu of a hug though, for all the help it will be.

Hels
xxx
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:33 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Currently living in a year-long one-of-those-days Sam. Light at the end of the tunnel is distinctly dim.

Here's a big cyberhug for you ((((((((((PP)))))))))))
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:52 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by bundy
Currently living in a year-long one-of-those-days Sam. Light at the end of the tunnel is distinctly dim.

Here's a big cyberhug for you ((((((((((PP)))))))))))
Hi bundy, I feel guilty complaining when you are coping with all the stuff thats going on in your life.

I have just been reading about failed TRA applications, especially the chef ones.

My poor husband cannot return to Algeria because the foreign office cannot assure his safety due to the volatile situation in his country.

He doesnt know if his mum or sisters are alive, hasnt been able to locate them since a huge earthquake there a few years ago, hes tried but to no avail.

So there is a lot of his life that he cannot account for and there will be alot of stat decs too.

So many people were killed in the civil war in Algeria, who knows how many are alive.

We had an email from the guy who deals with the TRA part of our application, it was quite blunt really or perhaps honest is a better word.

Abdels experience is questionable in the eyes of our application.

Speaking to our Agent, I told him that my 'gut instinct' is to apply. Dont ask me why, I just have a feeling that with a carefully written application, we are in with a fighting chance.

And he agreed as well. I first made contact with our agent 2 years ago.

You know when you speak to someone and you get a feeling that they are 'the one for the job' so to speak?

Well that was the case. I do trust him. I may be a little nervous of his TRA man, but thats because he is blunt and honest, I should be pleased that he can be.

Anyway, although Abdel is working 6 sometimes 7 days a week, we are doing an hour a night, and I am trying to do more in the day, which isnt easy.

Last night, my friend asked me what did I love about Australia and what made it so special above the UK.

My reply.

I love the fact that people take things in their stride.

I love the way it feels like 'home' because in the UK, it has never felt like that. Just because you were born somewhere, it doesnt make it your home.

I even love the tropical storms that QLD can chuck out, how can somewhere look so fantastic when it rains??????

The way locals live with their wildlife and not against it.

The way locals are as fascinated when they see a dolphin as I am.

The hard work attitude. My mate has 2 jobs to support his family, never complains and still will make time for them.

I miss my friends in Adelaide - friends that I met for one hour two years ago, kept in touch by email and stayed with last year.

I loved doing my voluntary work in the zoos, long very hot days, working hard and loving every minute of it.

And I really want to be given the chance to make it all part of my life.

But what I find isnt fair, the people that find it easiest to migrate to Australia are the ones that always come back?

Abdel and I have struggled for pretty much everything in our married life. We work hard, and know what we want.

For a man who has already lost his Dad and younger sister, and has no idea of the whereabouts of the rest of his family, I just hope that I can do him justice with his TRA application as a chef.

I have a provisional place at University in September to train as a paediatric nurse - I am already a registered vet nurse and a qualified journalist, but if he does get turned down, then its back to the grindstone for retraining.

Sorry for the moan. Having a very bad day.

Big hugs to your family from me bundy.

Sam

Last edited by Professional Princess; Nov 22nd 2004 at 9:56 am.

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:00 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder you're feeling a bit down Sam. Your poor hubby.....not exactly an easy situation. I know what it's like to see something in reach but not to be able to reach out and grab it. Mr B and I have dreamed of getting back to Oz for 5 years now. I'll get a spouse visa no problem and it's ready to go. But with my mum dying and the knowledge that my dad will not cope once she does, all thoughts of going to Oz are well and truly gone. I honestly don't see how we can ever go back there. Hard if you have an aussie other half who is desperately homesick.....

You're right, you can get a gut reaction to things and if you think it's worth applying, and you can stand the financial and emtional knock back if you get refused, then go for it. Retraining is definitely a good idea as a fall-back plan.

Good luck Sam.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:09 am
Professional Princess

The thing is, I have put my writing career on hold for so long, its always taken a back burner to other things.

I have deferred my media law exam till May to let me concentrate on Australia.

I was hoping that at my age, I could finally indulge my love of writing and my newly formed greeting card company.

But I want it so bad, I have devised a back up plan, in fact, I have a couple:

Plan B - husbands company is huge in Australia, so perhaps try for sponsorship. He needs to approach them first.

Plan C - Train to be a nurse, just wish I had the finances to train in Aus to gain the extra 5 points.

Plan D - Try and convince John Howard that I am a multi skilled individual that would be an asset to his country.

Plan E - Havent thought of one yet but give me chance.

Please dont let my plan A fail in the first place.

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:18 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

hi sam

just reading this and i really feel for you and your hubby.

I am also feeling very very depressed at the moment and feel i need to have a moan to get things off my chest.

I havent been posting on here for a few days cos on thursday night 1am, i had some terrible news that my best friends boyfriend of 12 years had been killed in a road accident. I rushed round there and spent the night with her.

The last few days have been sooo awful, and all i can do is cry as it is so unfair that such a young person, who was so full of life can just be taken like that. My friend is being so strong, but i think she is still on autopiolet as she arranging things and the funeral etc... i cant even being to imagine how she feels.

Before that we had received some great news that jc had a job offer in sydney Aus, we replied to their email and were just waiting for more news from the company.

As we hadnt planned to go to Aus so soon, and i wanted to finish my studying we were wondering if we were doing the right thing by going. after hearing how life can be cut so short we knew we were doing the right thing to take the chance and go.

Anyway, now the company have never even gotton back to us or replied to JC emails, which i think is very rude. so i am sat here now gutted for my mate, greiving for the loss of my friend and just in limbo about what i am doing with my life as i was so set on uping and leaving straight after xmas.

I just cant seam to pull myself together, why is life so unfair? why cant we just live it as we want and go to aus, seeing as its so short...... having to wait for some dude in a suit to give you permission to go there etc, etc....

My dog is also ill and hasnt eaten for a few days, i think she can sense my mood and i am trying so hard topull myself together and get on with life, especially after relising how short life can be. Its just so dark and cold here, i feel i cant stay here anymore, and i cant concentrate on my studies. Which i am also now worrying that if i do have to stay here for longer that i might even fail.....

We have decided to call the company tonight and find out once and for all what is happenning regarding the job offer, so hopefully i can pull myself together and get on with things.

I know i have to be strong, for my friends sake, but i just wish i could be in control of the situation............

sorry to be soo depressing, if anyone can say anything to help me get out of this please do as i feel like total shit and its so not like me.

laura
xxxxx

Last edited by lauralollipop; Nov 22nd 2004 at 4:21 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:31 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hi sam

just reading this and i really feel for you and your hubby.

I am also feeling very very depressed at the moment and feel i need to have a moan to get things off my chest.

I havent been posting on here for a few days cos on thursday night 1am, i had some terrible news that my best friends boyfriend of 12 years had been killed in a road accident. I rushed round there and spent the night with her.

The last few days have been sooo awful, and all i can do is cry as it is so unfair that such a young person, who was so full of life can just be taken like that. My friend is being so strong, but i think she is still on autopiolet as she arranging things and the funeral etc... i cant even being to imagine how she feels.

Before that we had received some great news that jc had a job offer in sydney Aus, we replied to their email and were just waiting for more news from the company.

As we hadnt planned to go to Aus so soon, and i wanted to finish my studying we were wondering if we were doing the right thing by going. after hearing how life can be cut so short we knew we were doing the right thing to take the chance and go.

Anyway, now the company have never even gotton back to us or replied to JC emails, which i think is very rude. so i am sat here now gutted for my mate, greiving for the loss of my friend and just in limbo about what i am doing with my life as i was so set on uping and leaving straight after xmas.

I just cant seam to pull myself together, why is life so unfair? why cant we just live it as we want and go to aus, seeing as its so short...... having to wait for some dude in a suit to give you permission to go there etc, etc....

My dog is also ill and hasnt eaten for a few days, i think she can sense my mood and i am trying so hard topull myself together and get on with life, especially after relising how short life can be. Its just so dark and cold here, i feel i cant stay here anymore, and i cant concentrate on my studies. Which i am also now worrying that if i do have to stay here for longer that i might even fail.....

We have decided to call the company tonight and find out once and for all what is happenning regarding the job offer, so hopefully i can pull myself together and get on with things.

I know i have to be strong, for my friends sake, but i just wish i could be in control of the situation............

sorry to be soo depressing, if anyone can say anything to help me get out of this please do as i feel like total shit and its so not like me.

laura
xxxxx

Shame we are opposite ends of the country, I think a girly tea and hug session is in need for both of us.

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:43 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Shame we are opposite ends of the country, I think a girly tea and hug session is in need for both of us.

yes i know.

Thanks for the PM Sam, sometimes you just need to get things off your chest, as life can be so unfair cant it?

I just cant believe how things can seem so good one minute and the next its all doom and gloom and you cannot control it, no matter what, its a never ending circle........

right, lets get the kettle on and watch neighbours, take our minds off it for a while.........

thanks for listening

hope your ok

laura
xxxxx
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:48 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

When you're doing your various paperwork for your skills assessment, do any of you have days where you feel like its all not going to happen?

Was up till late doing TRA stuff last night, our chances aren't brill anyway, and I woke up this morning with a real cloud over my head.

I dont feel like my normal happy self at all actually.

Because I sure am having one of them.
PP, Dont give up!! when you feel the way you do, you just have to try & plough on, it can be vry difficult when you feel down, but chin up, chest out & onwards!!

The Madsads.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsad
PP, Dont give up!! when you feel the way you do, you just have to try & plough on, it can be vry difficult when you feel down, but chin up, chest out & onwards!!

The Madsads.
Aye, chest out ... always a good move
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:07 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

There's nothing that I or anyone could say that could make your situations better.

Suffice to say that my heart goes out to you and am sending some karma.

Seems trivial, I know, but just wanted to say I'm thinking of you.

Makes all my problems seem small beer in comparison. For that I am humbled.

God bless.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:39 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

A cyber hug coming your way!!!

D D
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:42 pm

thanks guys, feelin betta already......

JC is home now and we are gonna ring the company tonight at 10.30 to find out what our future holds for us once and for all, keep everything crossed for us..............

laura
xxx
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Sam, I had no idea. Not a lot I can say really but you know things always work out in the end and I'm sure your case will be no different. Don't give in.

PS Writing career? I thought the 'Tales from the 487' was your writing career?

Laura, I thought you were all sorted. I'm keeping fingers crossed for your phone call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.