Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Back to Square One

Back to Square One

Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Wolves2stayup! will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Back to Square One

I know this sounds really nasty but in some ways it's good to hear that other people are in the same boat. We had exactly the same situation last month as lots of others, we were 4 days away from exchanging contracts and we had a completion date of the week after. The person (I'd like to call them something else, but feel it's not appropriate for this site) at the beginning of the chain dropped out, now what's very frustrating is that they were cash buyers and for some strange and peculiar reason, cash buyers are not obliged to prove that they have the money (Don't ever believe that cash buyers are the best thing since sliced bread, it's utter b*******s) I know I'm sounding bitter, that's because I am. Anyway, the long and the long of it is, 5 weeks down the line the people who want to buy our house still do, but they have to sell theirs, which they've just dropped the price of by £5000 and put it on with new estate agents x2. The god awful thing is that when we found out that we were exchanging contracts I went into work on the Monday and told them I would be handing my notice in at the end of month, then on the Tuesday the FOR SALE sign came down, and about 20 minutes after I got home from work I found out that it had all fallen through! FATE had a rather large hand in this I feel, not that I'm supersticious. Work are fine, fortunately I've been there years have a good job and am appreciated so it's all back to normall like I never even mentioned it. But blow me down with a feather the bloody hoover packed up a week later, and on Tuesday this week the car broke down, I said to my husband, "Do you think someone is trying to tell us something?" he didn't answer just mumble something like, we'll still bloody be here this time next year at this rate. It's all going wrong at the moment and I feel like hell, so to hear that others are having a rough time doesn't really make me feel any better but I can certainly sympathise with you.

Hope I don't come across to depressive, but when I read threads in the past about this type of thing, you really don't understand until you're in it yourself. I'm really hoping that we are going to get away by January 2005 to sunny Perth, is anyone else heading that way, towards Mandurah?

Good luck everyone.

Sam
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:22 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Back to Square One

Hi Sam

Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time at the moment, I really hope your chain can be fixed, it sounds like your buyers are doing everything they can to get your house.

With regards to the other things that have broken down, its like we are being hardened for the journey ahead of us. There was some Posts a couple of months ago that said just before you emmigrate, things like the hoover, the toaster all start to pack up. Weird I know.

Keep your chin up, it will all come right in the end as they say.

Julia