Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it back to reality staight away?

Is it back to reality staight away?

Old May 21st 2003, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it back to reality staight away?

Once in NZ, is it better starting work and schools straight away, or as soon as, therefore with little interruption to the daily routine or would it be better coming with the long school holiday ahead? I am linked up to a nurse recruitment agency who want to know whether we want to arrive in NZ in Nov or Jan! We have 3 weeks to decide!

Also, where are you having your stopovers and how long for?
We have 3 kids (13, 3 and 13months) so will have to be child friendly. What will keep them amused on the loooong plane journey. Hope you poor unfortunates don't get a seat near us!

Jan
Old May 21st 2003, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Once in NZ, is it better starting work and schools straight away, or as soon as, therefore with little interruption to the daily routine or would it be better coming with the long school holiday ahead? I am linked up to a nurse recruitment agency who want to know whether we want to arrive in NZ in Nov or Jan! We have 3 weeks to decide!
Jan, when I first migrated to Perth, I went straight into, find a job get straight into a normal routine mode. Bad mistake. Personally I think you should take time out get used to your new surroundings get over the stress of it all.

For me I found I was stressed from the whole process and the move, then trying to find a job and getting knocked back created more stress, then panicing becuase money was going out hand over fist and none coming in. I then started thinking, well if I was at home Its all down hill from there on.

Others may disagree but this time I am going to chill for a while. Suppose it depends on finances and how you feel in yourself. Also I have no kids so that makes a difference.
Good luck.

Last edited by karawara88; May 21st 2003 at 1:50 pm.