A baby question

Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:55 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A baby question

Does anyone know if I can pack ready made baby milk cartons in the hold? They wont explode will they??!! I cant remember if the hold is pressurised.....
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future
Default Re: A baby question

Originally Posted by lucyb
Does anyone know if I can pack ready made baby milk cartons in the hold? They wont explode will they??!! I cant remember if the hold is pressurised.....
Im sure it wont be a problem as there will be loads of famillies just like u,babbies need feeding .....But just check wether u can take it into oz,i think u can,but make sure u declare it,if not u will get fined.. :scared: there will be a form that the air line give u........and do a search as this was brought up earlier this week
natasha
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by bonza69
Im sure it wont be a problem as there will be loads of famillies just like u,babbies need feeding .....But just check wether u can take it into oz,i think u can,but make sure u declare it,if not u will get fined.. :scared: there will be a form that the air line give u........and do a search as this was brought up earlier this week
natasha

Hi Natasha,

Yes that was my post too...what Im wondering is, you know Farleys ready made up cartons? Ive bought LOADS so I dont have to mess about with boiled water and powder on all 4 flights. I am wondering if the milk I dont need for the outbound flight will be ok in my suitcase...ie will they burst as I cant remember if the hold of an aircraft is pressurised!

Lucy
x
Old Sep 19th 2004, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Hi Natasha,

Yes that was my post too...what Im wondering is, you know Farleys ready made up cartons? Ive bought LOADS so I dont have to mess about with boiled water and powder on all 4 flights. I am wondering if the milk I dont need for the outbound flight will be ok in my suitcase...ie will they burst as I cant remember if the hold of an aircraft is pressurised!

Lucy
x
Lucy,
I think u shud be fine,when we went away when fin was only 4 months i took the lot,tinned food,milk,u name it i ad it But tennerief is differnet to oz ,it wont burst,well mine dint But just make sure u declare it and id double check wi ur air line if its okay to take it...and oz do ave the same milk here,i can check tom the brands if u like...........and were abouts r u going...
natasha
Old Sep 19th 2004, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by bonza69
Lucy,
I think u shud be fine,when we went away when fin was only 4 months i took the lot,tinned food,milk,u name it i ad it But tennerief is differnet to oz ,it wont burst,well mine dint But just make sure u declare it and id double check wi ur air line if its okay to take it...and oz do ave the same milk here,i can check tom the brands if u like...........and were abouts r u going...
natasha

Hi

We are off to Adelaide, and my friend with a baby same age as Toby who is already out there has told me what I can get...but thanks for the offer!
Ill call Cathay in the morning just to double check. Where are you?

Lucy
Old Sep 19th 2004, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

We are off to Adelaide, and my friend with a baby same age as Toby who is already out there has told me what I can get...but thanks for the offer!
Ill call Cathay in the morning just to double check. Where are you?

Lucy
Hi ,
We r in Perth We are avin a fab time here,ive 2 children 4 and 5 ,but the past week they my eldset as been upset ,saying hes forgetting things at home(we,ve been here nearly 4 months!!)We want to settle,but untill there setled its blody hard If there happy im happy....im sure he will settle soon,hes been fine till now though,never mind loads of family comming out soon
Ps ave a good trip.....
Old Sep 19th 2004, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

It's not a problem; they let you take sealed baby milk in, and the containers are more than tough enough. We had no problems - but tie them in a poly bag if you want a little more reassurance.

We actually considered importing them as you couldn't get them in Oz, (this was a couple of years ago) and the Aussies who saw them thought they were a great idea.