Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baby doesn't look like passport photo...

Baby doesn't look like passport photo...

Old May 6th 2009, 8:46 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baby doesn't look like passport photo...

We migrated with a 5yo whose passport showed him when he about 10 months old. No problems at immigration.

We did get asked in Singapore but later I realised that they asked because he had less than 6 months on his passport not because of how he looked on the passport. (I only found out about the Singapore six month rule later )
Old May 6th 2009, 11:05 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all
Default Re: Baby doesn't look like passport photo...

Originally Posted by WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace
We are travelling to Sydney to validate our visa's in Sept this year. The problem is that our little one will be 18 months by then and already looks nothing like the photo in his passport that we had to get for the visa process when he was about 2 months old.

The UK passport office say we can just wait until he is 5 to update the passport as it doesn't matter to them that he doesn't look like his photo, otherwise if we want to get an up to date photo, we will just have to get a brand new 5 year passport for him, filling in all the forms again and paying £46 renewal fee.

They advised to check with Australian Embassy to make sure they will accept that he is the same baby as in his passport photo so I will have to do so.

Has anyone else dealt with this and if so, how did immigration deal with a child who looks nothing like their passport photo?

Thanks for any help
We have just changed our daughter's passport, she didn't look like her picture either but we still went to OZ with it twice.

Carol