Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BA/QANTAS/Emirates what to do??

BA/QANTAS/Emirates what to do??

Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:25 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default BA/QANTAS/Emirates what to do??

Right here goes.

We have been looking at various options when we get to go & have a wee dilemma!!

i was raised in Dubai and my preference is a stop over in Dubai on the way to Brisbane. We are also going to Perth for a week first to see Donna's cousin before Brissy. If we want to fly from Glasgow (preferred) we can do this with Emirates but if we want to stop in Perth first it will cost us an extra grand to get on to brissy!!

Our other option is to fly from glasgow to London with BA/Quantas, stopover in Singapore then have a week in Perth & on to Brissy, works out cheaper than option 1!! ma head is nipping!!

So what do we do? is there much difference between Emirates/BA/Quantas?? do we say sod the money!! we only live once? or do we act sensibly be economic & get to Aus ASAP?

Sorry to ramble on, all opinions most appreciated.

Mr Madsad
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

What if you got a flight to Perth and then get an internal from virginblue to Brisbane?
We are flying with Emirates - I would have preferred Singapore but Emirates gave 50kg luggage allowance.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:34 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
What if you got a flight to Perth and then get an internal from virginblue to Brisbane?
We are flying with Emirates - I would have preferred Singapore but Emirates gave 50kg luggage allowance.

Apparently internal flights for the 5 of us would cost a grand Debsy? torn on wether just to say bugger it, or think sensibly and go the flight to singapore which is the least preferred option?
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by madsad
Apparently internal flights for the 5 of us would cost a grand Debsy? torn on wether just to say bugger it, or think sensibly and go the flight to singapore which is the least preferred option?
They have a lot of sprecials on the net. If you subscribe they will send you emails when they have a sale which is usually every few weeks.

Have you contacted a specialýst like Austravel. I am sure that some one there will be able to help as some airlines offer free internal flights etc.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:18 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Yeah I agree with Debsy, If you look on the virgin Blue or Qantas web sited the one way tickets are often on sale. I looked the other day for my Brither in law to go from Melbourne to Perth to see us when we are over and they were doing a special at $129, If you can be flexible with your days you should get a really good deal

Cheers
Kala
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:35 pm

Originally posted by kala
Yeah I agree with Debsy, If you look on the virgin Blue or Qantas web sited the one way tickets are often on sale. I looked the other day for my Brither in law to go from Melbourne to Perth to see us when we are over and they were doing a special at $129, If you can be flexible with your days you should get a really good deal

Cheers
Kala

cheers kala, that is probably the way we are going to go!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA/QANTAS/Emirates what to do??

Right here goes.

We have been looking at various options when we get to go & have a wee dilemma!!

i was raised in Dubai and my preference is a stop over in Dubai on the way to Brisbane. We are also going to Perth for a week first to see Donna's cousin before Brissy. If we want to fly from Glasgow (preferred) we can do this with Emirates but if we want to stop in Perth first it will cost us an extra grand to get on to brissy!!

Our other option is to fly from glasgow to London with BA/Quantas, stopover in Singapore then have a week in Perth & on to Brissy, works out cheaper than option 1!! ma head is nipping!!

So what do we do? is there much difference between Emirates/BA/Quantas?? do we say sod the money!! we only live once? or do we act sensibly be economic & get to Aus ASAP?

Sorry to ramble on, all opinions most appreciated.

Mr Madsad
If it was me then ...........................

Bugger the cost you have waited so long for this that i would do it via Dubai if thats what you really want.

You only get one life so live it to the full anyway could always have beans on toast for 1yr when you get to oz then thats the extra airfare sorted!!!

regards

Debs
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by debsy
Hi Debs

Do they really give 50kgs - that is excellent - went with Emirates in April but toyed with trying a different airline to get different experiences, but if it is defo 50kgs then that seals it for me

Dave
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:46 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We flew Emirates and with our flight we got to stopover in Dubai, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand then flew Singapore to Melbourne all for 400 quid one way all we had to pay was 70quid in taxes (included in the 400 ) for all the stop overs

We didn't take 50kgs as we were backpacking on the way and only had minimal stuff with us.

We used www.bridgetheworld.com and they were great at all the different options we had regarding stopovers

Jo
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by darkless
Hi Debs

Do they really give 50kgs - that is excellent - went with Emirates in April but toyed with trying a different airline to get different experiences, but if it is defo 50kgs then that seals it for me

Dave
Well, you could ask them. We are flying from Istanbul so I dont know if it is the same from the UK.