B & B over Xmas

Old Sep 11th 2004, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default B & B over Xmas

Hi Guys

Could anyone in Aus advise on what the likelihood of getting bed and breakfast accommodation around the christmas break will be like. We could be arriving in Mandurah about a week before xmas and would need somewhere to stay til we find somewhere to rent. Ant advice would be gratefully received.

Lindsey
Old Sep 11th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B & B over Xmas

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi Guys

Could anyone in Aus advise on what the likelihood of getting bed and breakfast accommodation around the christmas break will be like. We could be arriving in Mandurah about a week before xmas and would need somewhere to stay til we find somewhere to rent. Ant advice would be gratefully received.

Lindsey
Why not find a cheap motel, they are bound to have vacancies
Old Sep 11th 2004, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by anypan
Why not find a cheap motel, they are bound to have vacancies
Mainly because I've got 3 children and wanted somewhere a bit friendlier. But another idea has come up while we are brainstorming. Is there any chance of renting a family home for just 1-2 months, unlike here where you have to sign up for 6 months?

Lindsey
Old Sep 11th 2004, 10:51 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Mainly because I've got 3 children and wanted somewhere a bit friendlier. But another idea has come up while we are brainstorming. Is there any chance of renting a family home for just 1-2 months, unlike here where you have to sign up for 6 months?

Lindsey
Hi ,What about the caravan parks?probably work out cheaper all round & they look pretty good aswell,just till u all get settled,kids would love it?
Donna.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point

Lindsey

We regularly look at realestate.com.au all the time to look at houses to buy and also to rent till we get around to buying and give us an idea of what houses arelike in the different areas of melbourne.

Have a look at this site as we have come across houses to rent even for a short rental period.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 5:31 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsey
Lindsey,
have you tried contacting Jo at www.perthmeetandgreet.com ?

am sure she will be able to help you.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 5:47 am
Just Joined

milo678 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lindsey
Hiya Lindsey,

Our friends have just brought a house in Halls Head which is right next to Mandurah, it has 4 beds 2bath and is a great family home, they are going to rent it to people like yourself, they pick you up from the airport and this is a great home for kids, lovely garden and walking distance to Mandurah and lots of pretty beaches. They have only just got this house so everything in it is brand new and good quality. Please give them a quick email and they will give you the prices etc, the email is [email protected] they are also migration agents. They are such great people and you will get a very good service, they also have been through the migration process their selves 5 years ago so know all the ups and down with everything.; We met them when John done my husbands tra and now we are best of friends kids mix together and debs has been my godsend as i didnt know anyone when we 1st arrived 6months ago now debs has showed me around all the local areas and given my nothing but good advice re schools and area.;

Hope everything goes ok for you, if you give them an email they will call you back so you can chat.

hope this helps you as it could be diffucult to get somewhere to stay around christmas time.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Guys

Thanks everyone for your replies, I have contacted all of the above and will wait and see what happens.

Lindsey