Axe Attack !

Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Axe Attack !

SURGEONS have reattached a Melbourne toddler's leg severed when his mother allegedly attacked him with an axe early today.

But it will be days before medical staff at Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital will know if the marathon operation was a success.
Police said the 17-month-old boy was struck with an axe at a house in Bundoran Parade, Mont Albert, about 2am (AEDT) today.

"The 21-year-old woman has assaulted this boy with an axe causing quite a serious leg injury," Senior Constable Michael Henry alleged.

Royal Children's Hospital spokeswoman Julie Webber said a team of three plastic surgeons, a general surgeon, two anaesthetists and five nurses were involved in the operation.

"He went into surgery at 2.30am and they came out at 11am," Ms Webber said.

"He is in a critical but stable condition in intensive care.
"We won't know until the end of the week if the reattachment was successful."

Acting Sergeant Andrew Huntington told journalists the boy's mother was arrested at the scene and would undergo a psychiatric assessment.

The Department of Human Services was investigating the incident.

"We have no idea as to what led to it, what caused it (the attack) and the 21-year-old female is obviously assisting police with our inquiries," Sgt Huntington said.

"As to what took place, we really don't know at this stage.

"There were other occupants in the house and they were asleep at the time and heard the commotion.

"One of the female occupants called the ambulance, who in turn called police."

The boy's mother was taken to Nunawading police station, where she would be questioned later, police said
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:01 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Axe Attack !

Crazy b*tch. I hope she rots in jail. Her little boy is the same age as mine almost and I cannot understand how someone could hurt their own child!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

BazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the roughBazzaMatthews is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lucyb
Crazy b*tch. I hope she rots in jail. Her little boy is the same age as mine almost and I cannot understand how someone could hurt their own child!
You answered your own question - Crazy! But maybe she isn't the monster this image cojures up - she could be suffering from deppression or some other mental illness and have lost the plot due to that - In another life she may have been a model mum - who knows. But our thoughts should perhaps go to the mother as well as the child.

Bazza.

PS - I thought I used to get a good hiding when i was naughty!!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:10 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

FFS YEAH i SAW THAT AND THOT HMMMMMMMMM NOT THE THING U HEAR OF EVERY DAY............SCAREY INIT..........POOR WEE SOUL HOPE HIS IS AS OK AS HE CAN BE XX
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:29 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
FFS YEAH i SAW THAT AND THOT HMMMMMMMMM NOT THE THING U HEAR OF EVERY DAY............SCAREY INIT..........POOR WEE SOUL HOPE HIS IS AS OK AS HE CAN BE XX

OMG I just hope the do gooders never let her have her son back evil b**ch
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
OMG I just hope the do gooders never let her have her son back evil b**ch
know what I would do with her
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:41 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys serious...

So you are assuming that this act was done out of some desire to harm her own baby? Er....

Or isnt it far more likely that this person is suffering from some tremendous mental issues which if treated properly then they should be reunited and live their lives properly rather than put the child into care... because hell that system works too.

or on second thoughts, she's obviously some voodo witch doing child sacrifice, where's that stake and 4* gone. Somebody get the matches.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by spalen
Are you guys serious...

So you are assuming that this act was done out of some desire to harm her own baby? Er....

Or isnt it far more likely that this person is suffering from some tremendous mental issues which if treated properly then they should be reunited and live their lives properly rather than put the child into care... because hell that system works too.

or on second thoughts, she's obviously some voodo witch doing child sacrifice, where's that stake and 4* gone. Somebody get the matches.
she's ****in cookie booo and doesnt deserve kiddies
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:53 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
she's ****in cookie booo and doesnt deserve kiddies
nice......
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:55 pm

nice......
WHAT!!!!!??
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:57 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys serious...

This is a difficult issue. You are seeing it from the mothers point of view as a victim of mental instability.

Now if she were to be given another chance with her little one, great for her, fabulous.

But, lets just say that she blows that chance and kills him?

In this situation, the priority is the baby. Because now he is injured for life and another chance for her could well be at his expense.

And I know from personal experience that people that are a potential danger to others, no matter how many chances they are given, once they hurt someone, yes they get the help and the support, but they stand a chance of reoffending.

Help and support may not always be there, they may not want to take their medication. Then at the end of the day, the second chance that experts say they so deserve, is usually used to take away an innocent victims first chance at life.

When I worked in a hospital and lived in the nurses home twenty years ago, we had this cleaner with severe mental health issues and although none of us thought he should be working in a hospital with vulnerable people in whatever capacity, the powers that be wouldnt listen.

One day, he came running up to the top floor of my nurses home where I was sitting on a telephone table using the phone.

To cut a long story short, he sexually assaualted me.

The 'second chance' brigade as I call them, didnt take it further. He deserved his second chance, his therapy, his support.

Well he used his second chance to assault two other people and one of them I do believe, was a patient.

First chance to be a good mother - most definitely. Second chance to harm your child? No way no never. You have crossed the line and you do not have the right to take away a childs first chance of happiness.

Because second chances in cases as severe as this one, is too much to gamble on.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:59 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she is suffering from Munchausens (spelling?) by Proxy which is a mental illness where the sufferers either inflict injury or 'suggest' an illness in their child which then requires the child to have treatment thus feeding the sufferers mental problems.

I don't know the full in's and out's of it but it is a proper illness.

I really feel for the poor child & I hope he makes a good recovery! Poor little lamb!

Such a sad story

Susan

EDIT to add definition -

MUNCHAUSEN BY PROXY (MBP) (also called Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy, Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, and Factitious Disorder by Proxy) is a label for a pattern of behavior in which caretakers deliberately exaggerate and/or fabricate and/or induce physical and/or psychological-behavioral-mental health problems in others.

This pattern of behavior constitutes a separate kind of maltreatment (abuse/neglect) that manifests as physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, neglect, or a combination. The primary purpose of this behavior is to gain some form of internal gratification, such as attention, for the perpetrator
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:01 pm
ah-beng

I wasnt seeing it from anyones perspective. I think its ludicrous that everyone jumps on a band wagon without having any sense of the facts. Your man in the hospital bears no relation to this - she hasnt even been diagnosed with anything .

yes she could be some complete christie character who has fifteen kids buried in the garden. Or some crack head who thought the baby was a steak she was preparing. But far more likely shes' a normal person in a normal neighbourhood who has had some sort of breakdown.

And if, as you all suggest so vehemently, mental illness is not treatable then cool - start writing to your MPs and get the money back for all those mental hospitals, hell that'd save a fair whack.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:03 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
itFirst chance to be a good mother - most definitely. Second chance to harm your child? No way no never. You have crossed the line and you do not have the right to take away a childs first chance of happiness.

Because second chances in cases as severe as this one, is too much to gamble on.
very good point. I am sorry you had to experience what you went through. You are very right, there is not always a 2nd chance in life.

Susan
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, let's hang her before we know the facts :scared: Perhaps she is suffering severe post natal depression - who knows! It would be nice to get ALL the facts before sentencing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.