Award wage

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of
Default Award wage

Can somebody explain to me what an award wage actually is? I've tried looking it up but it seems confusing, are there different levels of award wages? and if so, if a job is advertised as being above award wage how do you know what you should be getting? I have recently been enquiring about a job, advertised as 'generous package' however when the details came through the salary they are offering is half what I would have been getting here, although I know this is fairly normal I don't know whether to take it if offered or keep looking, they are keeping the job open for me until I arrive in September so they seem quite keen. Any advise!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:30 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Award wage

Originally Posted by Smartinis
Can somebody explain to me what an award wage actually is? I've tried looking it up but it seems confusing, are there different levels of award wages? and if so, if a job is advertised as being above award wage how do you know what you should be getting? I have recently been enquiring about a job, advertised as 'generous package' however when the details came through the salary they are offering is half what I would have been getting here, although I know this is fairly normal I don't know whether to take it if offered or keep looking, they are keeping the job open for me until I arrive in September so they seem quite keen. Any advise!

sorry, i cant give you the answer, but i asked the same question in the 'bricklayers' post the other day. have a look there.

(sorry dont know how to post a thread for you to go straight to )
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Award wage

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
sorry, i cant give you the answer, but i asked the same question in the 'bricklayers' post the other day. have a look there.

(sorry dont know how to post a thread for you to go straight to )

This website gives a very good idea of the wage for almost every job you could think of.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=gem+website

Award wage just means the recommended wage for that job, you could get more or less depending on factors like contracts, markets etc

Last edited by jad n rich; Aug 23rd 2005 at 10:17 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:19 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Smile Re: Award wage

Originally Posted by Smartinis

In simple terms, an 'award' is a set of minimum standards for employment. Have a look at the Australian Government's Wagenet website for more information.