Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Avionics technician

Avionics technician

Old Sep 13th 2008, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Lee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant future
Default Avionics technician

Are there many jobs in the Avionics technician sort of roles?

At the moment I work for a company that sell/repair/upgrade aircraft instruments and airspeed sensors etc.

I know they have a few contracts with company's out there in Oz like Airflite and Raytheon but not sure how I would find out about jobs there or if any other Avionics technician type jobs are out there.

Lee....
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:41 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avionics technician

Originally Posted by Lee and Laura

At the moment I work for a company that sell/repair/upgrade aircraft instruments and airspeed sensors etc.

I know they have a few contracts with company's out there in Oz like Airflite and Raytheon but not sure how I would find out about jobs there or if any other Avionics technician type jobs are out there.

Lee....
Contact the ones you know or try www.searchjobs.careerone.com.au or http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...archfrom=quick for aviation jobs.

Last edited by The Bloke; Sep 13th 2008 at 11:52 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:50 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Lee....
Here in south Australia we have BAE, Raytheon, Saab systems,Cobham air all invoved in some way, hardest thing is getting security clearence to work on some projects..........spoke to a guy we moved the other day who took a job with Jetstar just so he could get away from BAE and all the B$%#T........mm
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Lee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant futureLee and Laura has a brilliant future

I am all ready security cleared in the job I do here (As we do military contracts) so would I need to be cleared over there too?

And thanks for the links

Lee...
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:09 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I am all ready security cleared in the job I do here (As we do military contracts) so would I need to be cleared over there too?

And thanks for the links

Lee...
You would probably have to get clearance from the Australian authorities, AFP, maybe ASIO(for higher level stuff).
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:37 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

And thanks for the links

Lee...
yes could.. be a problem, untill you are a citizen [2yrs]...but if you have skill that is required i have seen it over looked .........mm
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:55 am
Just Joined

jayandvicky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello mate,

I was also worked in avionics back in the UK - worked in the Technical Support Dept repairing and upgrading cockpit LCD displays and air data units for Meggitt Avionics - I used to travel around Europe and USA performing upgrades etc

I have had absolutley no luck with avionics here as you always have to have security clearance which means being a citizen.

I am in Brisbane and Boeing are big in this part of town but I constantly get knocked back at the first hurdle for not being a citizen.

If its a Military company i.e Boeing, Raytheon etc you are always going to hit a brick wall.
You could just try an independant repair company rather than the actual manufacturer - I did this but the money was awful so didn't bother going back after the interview !

It will really depend on what part of Oz you are coming to... Melbourne seems better for this line of work but you can always just work for any electronics company like I have done - I am now Service Manager for a company who make a lot of wireless mining equipment and gear that goes into Police cars.

Regards,
Jason.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:59 am
Just Joined

jayandvicky is an unknown quantity at this point

Lee you dipstick.. its me Jason !!!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jason,

Hope all is well with you and your wife and your enjoying OZ. Jamie was going to sort me out your email this week.

How are you finding it out there?

Not really fussed what area as long as we have a good life and a nice beach within half an hour drive.

PM me your email and you can tell me all about it and if there are the jobs out there that you think I would be able to do (As you know what I can/cant do).

It doesnt have to be Avionics as I have worked in all sort of electronic places inc contracting in a place that did tracking for the police too (In unmarked cars).

Nice to see you on here
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Anyone else with input?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

Hi Lee,

Try,

http://www.afap.org.au/html/s02_arti...&nav_top_id=73

have a look, you might find something in there.

ASIC and AVID civillian security requirements - no citizenship req'd

http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/asicavid.htm

Last edited by deryans; Sep 18th 2008 at 9:43 am.