Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Automated Pool Cleaners

Automated Pool Cleaners

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 2:06 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Automated Pool Cleaners

Can anyone recommend an automated pool cleaner?

Especially one that would be good for a large pool with 2 skimmer pots.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Automated Pool Cleaners

Are you talking about a Barracuda ? We have one it cleans the pool while the filter etc is running and I can recommend the Kawana Chlorinator.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We have one of these http://www.poolstuff.com.au/shop/pro...?ProductID=228

Does a really good job, it does walls and the price is pretty good.

We have a 17 x 30ft pool
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:58 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

we have a Barracuda... but no pool lol !!!

Wanna swap?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

We have a Kreepy Krawley, works well on a 10 metre by 3 meter pool, doesn't do one end very well but ok and the skimmer filter works while it is on... a bit expensive though at about $850
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
We have one of these http://www.poolstuff.com.au/shop/pro...?ProductID=228

Does a really good job, it does walls and the price is pretty good.

We have a 17 x 30ft pool
That looks different. Does it have any moving parts? The one I've got now does and it's not very good.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chrispy
We have a Kreepy Krawley, works well on a 10 metre by 3 meter pool, doesn't do one end very well but ok and the skimmer filter works while it is on... a bit expensive though at about $850
Do you know why it doesn't clean the one end very well?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Are you talking about a Barracuda ? We have one it cleans the pool while the filter etc is running and I can recommend the Kawana Chlorinator.
Something like that. I have a Hayward thingy at the moment and it doesn't work very well. I think the turning mechanism gets blocked very easily and it ends up getting stuck. Big leaves will also screw up the water wheel that drives it.

I'm thinking of getting a new one and I was wondering how people got on with theirs.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
we have a Barracuda... but no pool lol !!!

Wanna swap?
It's just like swap shop.

I'll would like to swap my action man for an Atari games machine.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
That looks different. Does it have any moving parts? The one I've got now does and it's not very good.

Only where the hose attaches, it rotates the cleaner if it stops moving for more than a minute. It does tend to go round in circles sometimes, but it does clean the whole pool in about an hour - two tops.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Do you know why it doesn't clean the one end very well?
I think that although the guy told us that the direction the thing moves is random it isn't true, i think the way the hose lies effects it and when it gets to the corner furthest from the skimmer box the hose will be lying in a position that will encourage the thing to move away to the other more often than not.. not great problem as you can reach in and steer the thing to the right place..

Also any of these things will reduce the capacity of the skimmer box to remove surface debris
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:57 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

many of the pool companies, do not like creepy crawleys or barracudas, instead they try n sell ya the cordless hoseless thingymjig...

cant remember the bloody name, but they reckon its ace, cos if the water level is low on tut skimmer box, you can still clean..

similar to this i think..

http://www.directpoolsupplies.com.au/category12_1.htm

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Nov 23rd 2007 at 5:05 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

We have a barracuda and its been great. Not a bad price either. They are down to about $500 these days. 2 year warranty and very easy to maintain. Just a rubber diaphragm, quick and easy to change if it does go wrong. Can highly recommend.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:01 am
Account Closed

Thanks for the comments guys and gals.

Can you get cleaners that climb steps?

PS: I just looked at the link in TimberAU's post and I guess you can.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Nov 23rd 2007 at 5:04 am. Reason: Getting a bit ahead of myself.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:03 am
Banned

Thanks for the comments guys and gals.

Can you get cleaners that climb steps?
you need this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.