Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australias Refugee Problem?

Australias Refugee Problem?

Old Jun 5th 2003, 12:58 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australias Refugee Problem?

Not all the locals want the worlds unloved dumped here?

TODAY is World Environment Day, yet despite the dire warnings by eminent scientists, conservationists and informed members of the public, who watch with despair the environmental slide into oblivion of the planet's unique wilderness areas and wildlife species because of habitat loss and other human activity, little or nothing constructive has been done by our political leaders to stop this slide.

In fact, most of them don't even link the world's burgeoning population growth to our fast-disappearing wildlife.

Despite one-third of the world's recent mammal extinctions having occurred here in Australia, it is business as usual for the Howard Government, bringing in every year another 130,000 immigrants to the driest of all continents with erratic rainfall and only 7 per cent arable land and our use of resources and energy about 30 times that of people in developing countries.

But neither John Howard nor Simon Crean is listening. They are both too involved in slanging matches to worry about the big issues that affect us all and that are threatening our unique biodiversity and our life-support systems.

Since 1994 Australia has increased its numbers by about two million water-guzzling, destructive consumers, both from natural growth and immigration. This might please the housing industry and wealthy land developers no end, both riding on the back of a development-at-all-cost growth mentality, but it is at the expense of the environment. We ignore this at our peril.
ASTRID HERLIHY, Kalamunda.Perth

Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australias Refugee Problem?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Not all the locals want the worlds unloved dumped here?

TODAY is World Environment Day, yet despite the dire warnings by eminent scientists, conservationists and informed members of the public, who watch with despair the environmental slide into oblivion of the planet's unique wilderness areas and wildlife species because of habitat loss and other human activity, little or nothing constructive has been done by our political leaders to stop this slide.

In fact, most of them don't even link the world's burgeoning population growth to our fast-disappearing wildlife.

Despite one-third of the world's recent mammal extinctions having occurred here in Australia, it is business as usual for the Howard Government, bringing in every year another 130,000 immigrants to the driest of all continents with erratic rainfall and only 7 per cent arable land and our use of resources and energy about 30 times that of people in developing countries.

But neither John Howard nor Simon Crean is listening. They are both too involved in slanging matches to worry about the big issues that affect us all and that are threatening our unique biodiversity and our life-support systems.

Since 1994 Australia has increased its numbers by about two million water-guzzling, destructive consumers, both from natural growth and immigration. This might please the housing industry and wealthy land developers no end, both riding on the back of a development-at-all-cost growth mentality, but it is at the expense of the environment. We ignore this at our peril.
ASTRID HERLIHY, Kalamunda.Perth

More news at ten is it? You're not sitting behind a desk reading an autocue are you? Sport next?
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:05 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Wilf
More news at ten is it? You're not sitting behind a desk reading an autocue are you? Sport next?
Not a report just a local pissed off with the refugees?

Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Not a report just a local pissed off with the refugees?

I see you are packing it in soon. Are you glad you came or not at all? Not another "glad I tried it so I can say I did it" are you? I am a bloody fool I admit it, but I regret coming here every day.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:19 am
Banned

I see you are packing it in soon. Are you glad you came or not at all? Not another "glad I tried it so I can say I did it" are you? I am a bloody fool I admit it, but I regret coming here every day.

We came because we had all we needed and thought there was more , how wrong can you get?
Going home wiser and older but no richer.

Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

We regret you comming here as well, so don't hang around on our behalf.

Feel sorry for the country your going to though.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:27 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul

Still eating my Tax Dollars , tell me again what you have earned this country, bugger all near?
I shall leave you to the mercy of the new refugeees , hope they can keep you.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 5th 2003 at 1:30 am.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Who's we? You and the other idiots? I care not a bit whether you like me here or not. I pay taxes here so you work for me, so get back to work. When I was your age and at work I wasn't wasting my time playing on a computer all day. It's people like me that gave you a job to come to with all the taxes Aus has taken over the years.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Who's we? You and the other idiots? I care not a bit whether you like me here or not. I pay taxes here so you work for me, so get back to work. When I was your age and at work I wasn't wasting my time playing on a computer all day. It's people like me that gave you a job to come to with all the taxes Aus has taken over the years.
Obviously another slow learner, if he's been here years and only just discovered he dosn't like it.

He's delusional as well if he thinks just cos he pays taxes everyone works for him. Seems he and PB have suffer from the same ailments.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:52 am
Banned

Obviously another slow learner, if he's been here years and only just discovered he dosn't like it.

He's delusional as well if he thinks just cos he pays taxes everyone works for him. Seems he and PB have suffer from the same ailments.
I am sure my outlook would change if I was over fed with tax payers dollars?
Pal you earn this county zero and take out of the pot of those that do .

Old Jun 5th 2003, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Not everyone, just people like you.
We pay taxes to the government. You work for the government. You work for us. You are like a copper only they serve a useful purpose catching druggies and burglars. You just catch flies.

I remember being like you - a walking advert for the ozzies - but I have learnt my lesson now. So will you. Actually, I bet you will leave before too long and go for someones tax money somewhere else - another wandering minstrel kidding families to follow them. Irresponsible you are.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 2:53 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Not everyone, just people like you.
We pay taxes to the government. You work for the government. You work for us. You are like a copper only they serve a useful purpose catching druggies and burglars. You just catch flies.

I remember being like you - a walking advert for the ozzies - but I have learnt my lesson now. So will you. Actually, I bet you will leave before too long and go for someones tax money somewhere else - another wandering minstrel kidding families to follow them. Irresponsible you are.
What useless drivel! Still paying the stupid tax?
Old Jun 5th 2003, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
What useless drivel! Still paying the stupid tax?
If I don't pay the stupid taxes here you will not get your dole and cannot get your pills from the doc. Be grateful Meggie.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 3:04 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

If I don't pay the stupid taxes here you will not get your dole and cannot get your pills from the doc. Be grateful Meggie.
So you are paying the stupid tax, thought so, in character. No dole for me, I pass the assets test. Your bitter pills? No thanks. Thought you were a practicing apprentice sewerage worker, mind what you prescribe.