Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Australian Working Rich?

The Australian Working Rich?

Old Dec 18th 2002, 11:31 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by michael29
Here we go again pb dribbling crap once more.The UK fall along way short of the United States as far as manpower and weapons, and besides didnt the fantastic british army go walking around Afganistan looking for shadows whilst not being able to fire the armys biggest waste of money the SA 80 rifle,or maybe if you like boats you could always learn to run aground a naval destroyer off the coast of Australia haha what a joke.

The British army stayed in Afghanistan while as usual the Yanks left after five minutes leaving everyone else to clean up. Have you forgotten the British were heading the "peace keeping force" there, after the yanks left. And as for not shooting anyone, ever watch the real news channels, not the joking news on 7, 9 and 10. There was a an afghan guy who got shipped to Britain with his film (an amateur cameraman), who filmed the real sas (not the joking ones here in Aus, which are more like commandos), dressed in civi clothes shooting with the afghan "rebels" against the Taliban.. of course they blanked out their faces. The Afghan guy filmed them because he was surprised to see a few white guys dressed as afghans, in scruffy clothes fighting.

The Australian sas you see on TV here, are not like the British SAS, they are commandos, any unit who show their faces like they do here on TV are not SAS soldiers. There are a few real Australian SAS soldiers who fight under the British SAS, they move to Britain if they are any good to join the British SAS.

You're also forgetting how many countries Britain is in "peace keeping" at the moment, my mate is in Cyprus, has been serving there for the past few years too. As we speak the British have been patrolling the no fly zone in S.Iraq, and have been since the last Gulf war.. it's only the Americans and Brits over there being shot at.. of course you don't see it on your Aussie rubbish news on channel 7 etc, try watching the BBC, or even CNN on cable.

For a small country like Britain, I think you'll find we are actually spread out far. And before you slag off Britain, could you Aussies defend your country from being bombed and flattened, and at the same time fight wars in the far east and Europe?
Yes the USA has far more weapons, they have far more money, but when have they won a war on their tod?

If you read military history, you wouldn't be quick to slag off Britain.. who was first in the Gulf eh? mapping it out , finding the targets for the bombers? I didn't see any Aussies fighter pilots there last Gulf did you? Oh I forgot they were cooking the meals for the real soldiers in their one supply ship sitting in international waters.

cheers
Old Dec 18th 2002, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

...>> get back in your Perth hole or just dig another one maybe sheep are your thing?

Teenage temper tantrums PB? Your mask is definitely slipping now. Not long now before you start shaving.

See ya Pommie "two-fingered salute" b*stard.
MM
Old Dec 18th 2002, 11:40 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: let us join hands

Originally posted by mullen
Lets have a revolution!Out with Betty its going to happen in the future so why not now?
I am in and at a fiver a head to fund the operation, should have a nice sum left over for beer!
Who is Pommie Bastard? not another x fleet street hack ?
Only a fiver? Tell you what I'll be a mercenary. we Welsh are good at that.. got any arrows? you supply the goods and I'll go get her

cheers

P.S. You know legally speaking, this is treason for even suggesting it? You could be hung (they never did actually get rid of the old law for treason) ... ahh freedom!
Old Dec 18th 2002, 11:41 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by madmancunian
...>> get back in your Perth hole or just dig another one maybe sheep are your thing?

Teenage temper tantrums PB? Your mask is definitely slipping now. Not long now before you start shaving.

MM
Shaving what indeed may I ask, I asked what you had proved which amounts to the Brits are wining Aero -Space orders that the Aussies could not dream of , being a land of hole diggers and sheep abusers , like I said maybe you are one ? prove me wrong on that count seeing as you have not been right on anything else whos hidding now?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 18th 2002 at 11:54 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:19 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
The British army stayed in Afghanistan while as usual the Yanks left after five minutes leaving everyone else to clean up. Have you forgotten the British were heading the "peace keeping force" there, after the yanks left. And as for not shooting anyone, ever watch the real news channels, not the joking news on 7, 9 and 10. There was a an afghan guy who got shipped to Britain with his film (an amateur cameraman), who filmed the real sas (not the joking ones here in Aus, which are more like commandos), dressed in civi clothes shooting with the afghan "rebels" against the Taliban.. of course they blanked out their faces. The Afghan guy filmed them because he was surprised to see a few white guys dressed as afghans, in scruffy clothes fighting.

The Australian sas you see on TV here, are not like the British SAS, they are commandos, any unit who show their faces like they do here on TV are not SAS soldiers. There are a few real Australian SAS soldiers who fight under the British SAS, they move to Britain if they are any good to join the British SAS.

You're also forgetting how many countries Britain is in "peace keeping" at the moment, my mate is in Cyprus, has been serving there for the past few years too. As we speak the British have been patrolling the no fly zone in S.Iraq, and have been since the last Gulf war.. it's only the Americans and Brits over there being shot at.. of course you don't see it on your Aussie rubbish news on channel 7 etc, try watching the BBC, or even CNN on cable.

For a small country like Britain, I think you'll find we are actually spread out far. And before you slag off Britain, could you Aussies defend your country from being bombed and flattened, and at the same time fight wars in the far east and Europe?
Yes the USA has far more weapons, they have far more money, but when have they won a war on their tod?

If you read military history, you wouldn't be quick to slag off Britain.. who was first in the Gulf eh? mapping it out , finding the targets for the bombers? I didn't see any Aussies fighter pilots there last Gulf did you? Oh I forgot they were cooking the meals for the real soldiers in their one supply ship sitting in international waters.

cheers

Spoken like a true Brit , we Brits have reason to be proud of our armed forces and the men and women who have served in them, no country the size of the UK has won so many battle honours on land , sea and in the air.

Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Australian Working Rich?

Your good at talking crap all your life PB,sorry but queen betty has three things to do with Australia the first ones nothing and i'll leave the other two for guess work.The so called queen does absolutely nothing for this country and pretty much nothing for the UK except for a mild tourist attraction.The monarchys a bigger joke than the crap they always end up in.
Talk about talking crap-you have said absolutley nothing as usual-australian culture-where is it? oh yes the beer can-great monument to australian acheivement-talk about nationalistic-australians cant even remember the words to thier own crappy anthem-"advance australian fair"-oh yes very fair isn't it-
only half the country celebrates australia day-cant even decide on how to be a republic-the aussies cant do anything on thier own without someone telling them what to do-at least america got it independence and has it own constitution-and the country was built on free settlers-australians take things from other countries and stuff it up-only in australia can they get Mcdonalds wrong-constantly running out coffee etc
Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

I have worked with the so called "australain defence force"-so i know at first hand how useless they are-they actually ran out of bullets and shoes-they are unequiped, poorley disciplined, they haven't a clue-
The australian media NEVER tells us the truth-i watch BBC world to get the REAL news-
Australia could defend itself-it sucks up to the indonesians because they are scarred of them-they hate Britain but would EXPECT Britian and the US to come to their aid-of course they would deny this and say everythings fine-oh mate mate the asian hordes have invaded-thats alright, mate we will suck up to them!!!

Originally posted by Ceri

cheers
Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:37 am
Banned

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
Talk about talking crap-you have said absolutley nothing as usual-australian culture-where is it? oh yes the beer can-great monument to australian acheivement-talk about nationalistic-australians cant even remember the words to thier own crappy anthem-"advance australian fair"-oh yes very fair isn't it-
only half the country celebrates australia day-cant even decide on how to be a republic-the aussies cant do anything on thier own without someone telling them what to do-at least america got it independence and has it own constitution-and the country was built on free settlers-australians take things from other countries and stuff it up-only in australia can they get Mcdonalds wrong-constantly running out coffee etc

Always wondered why The Queens has Birthdays on different days in different states , was she born more than once or is it a case of the Aussies could not work out the right day between them and picked numbers out of a hat?

Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by madmancunian

TWO seperate people believe me-worried are we?
Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Always wondered why The Queens has Birthdays on different days in different states , was she born more than once or is it a case of the Aussies could not work out the right day between them and picked numbers out of a hat?

Yes I have noticed that-it just an excuse to "bludge" and have yet another holiday-then they can drink some more and fall over
Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Thats funny dickhead my brother went to East Timor on an Australian Hercules.Get your facts right losser instead of shooting your mouth off.
Did they get lost? "mate mate where going to rescue east timor". Even though the australian government has rejected east timors claim for independence for years because they are too gutless and scarred of the indonesians....
Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Here we go again pb dribbling crap once more.The UK fall along way short of the United States as far as manpower and weapons, and besides didnt the fantastic british army go walking around Afganistan looking for shadows whilst not being able to fire the armys biggest waste of money the SA 80 rifle,or maybe if you like boats you could always learn to run aground a naval destroyer off the coast of Australia haha what a joke.
Oh yes lets look at the fantastic australian fleet-gee where is it? a pop boat-wow and also the noisey submarines-gee very australian-think hunter killers will spot them!! and the magnificant australian army such great acheivements-mate mate
Old Dec 19th 2002, 12:57 am
Banned

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
Yes I have noticed that-it just an excuse to "bludge" and have yet another holiday-then they can drink some more and fall over

Well to be honest there are a lack of holidays here compaired to the UK so any is welcome but theres no patten to them here , even labour day is not on the same day in most states.
Everything they do stuffs things up , Eastern Sates have day light saving WA does not , days off varie so half the country closes down while the other half works its crazy.
Too much goverment why do they need state goverments for such a small population its a joke , more stupid laws and more tax to keep useless pollies.
The Aussies are a backward nation as you say it maybe better as a Asian country God help them if Indonesia gets Nuclear weapons ,200 million Muslims who need more land and hate the Aussies right on their door step , no one will stand up to country with nuclear fire power these tossers would be on their own.

Old Dec 19th 2002, 1:02 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Well to be honest there are a lack of holidays here compaired to the UK so any is welcome but theres no patten to them here , even labour day is not on the same day in most states.
Everything they do stuffs things up , Eastern Sates have day light saving WA does not , days off varie so half the country closes down while the other half works its crazy.
Too much goverment why do they need state goverments for such a small population its a joke , more stupid laws and more tax to keep useless pollies.
The Aussies are a backward nation as you say it maybe better as a Asian country God help them if Indonesia gets Nuclear weapons ,200 million Muslims who need more land and hate the Aussies right on their door step , no one will stand up to country with nuclear fire power these tossers would be on their own.

PB, I had to do some research for a client here in Sydney (boring stuff - population trends, likelihood of future demand for their products etc) and the conclusion was that 40% of migrants into Oz are Asian (British 9%) and that within half a century half the population of Australia will be Asian. So it really will be an Asian country in the not too distant future anyway.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 1:07 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Well to be honest there are a lack of holidays here compaired to the UK

Are you sure on that one PB? I'm sure we get more public holidays here in Australia than the UK. I remember seeing a list of world holidays years ago, and Australia had more than Britain, unless they lumped all Australian state holidays together for the figure.( Picnic days etc. I know it differs from state to state here, especially the picnic day one). But I thought we had more holidays here than the UK gets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.